PDA

View Full Version : Happy St Daffodil's Day

Brendie
03-01-2008, 01:21 AM
Happy St Daffodil's Day to everyone who has Welsh blood in their veins, or who had Welsh lamb for diner: tasted Welsh Rarebit: has a haircut like Cerys Matthews: eyes like Catherine Zeta Jones: a Goldie Lookin' Chain: sings like Burly Chassis; climbed The Brecon Beacons: fell off the Brecon Beacons: loves Hannibal Lecter, (who had his brother for dinner and later passed him in the woods!!!) Welshed on a bet: thinks Splott is what you do to a fly with a rolled up newspaper: Mumbles:

Actually, did you know St Patrick was Welsh? Apparently he was kidnapped by some maurading Irish slave traders and sold to a shepherd on a hill outside Tipperary.

Where St David came from I don't know. Maybe Splott????

Da boch chi (bye for now)

Brendie

reigningcatsndogs
03-01-2008, 03:10 AM
i'm not welsh, but i'll post in any thread about daffodils!!!:D

Happy St Daffodil's Day!!

davids
03-01-2008, 03:20 AM
When I was workin in Cardiff I tripped on some Daffodillies does that count-note reigning's whatever the hell you call that people put at the bottom of their sigs or whatever the hell they call em-Welsh National Opera one of me first jobs-long time ago-hell of a good town and great people and great fun-my grannie was pure Welsh-maiden name Smorfit-I think-but she ate Daffodilies professionally so she was mostly disregarded by all the queens surrounding her-love Davey boy!!!! You are new Brendie-so welcome and you will soon learn to totally ignoripate me!

reigningcatsndogs
03-01-2008, 03:44 AM
When I was workin in Cardiff I tripped on some Daffodillies does that count-note reigning's whatever the hell you call that people put at the bottom of their sigs or whatever the hell they call em-Welsh National Opera one of me first jobs-long time ago-hell of a good town and great people and great fun-my grannie was pure Welsh-maiden name Smorfit-I think-but she ate Daffodilies professionally so she was mostly disregarded by all the queens surrounding her-love Davey boy!!!! You are new Brendie-so welcome and you will soon learn to totally ignoripate me!

I think we may have to make Daves a sticky in the newbies forum so they can get a crash course in lobstereez!

:welcome: Brendie -- glad you joined us

ErylRavenwell
03-01-2008, 06:34 AM
What the...St Daffodil's day? I'll be damned.

Komnena
03-01-2008, 09:10 AM
My father's family was originally from Carmarthenshire.

Brendie
03-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Thanks, everyone, for responding to this post, and the kind welcome, too. I couldn't reply sooner because some twonk managed to slip a bug into my e-mails and it totally knackered my computer!!!! I had to restore my laptop to the factory settings, which meant I had to find and re-download all the things I had accumulated over the past few years.
Must say I love this site. Loadsa kooky people!!! I think I'll stay ...

Mr Flibble
03-12-2008, 02:21 AM
Bore da and happy saints day

Goldy Looking Chain rocked *snurk* Mouldy Lookning stain was pretty good to.
'Guns don't kill people, wabbits do'
'Summon Elmer Fudd!'

Gratz on the rugby too - you've been playing your socks off.

Susie
03-12-2008, 05:27 AM
Happy St. Daffodil's Day to everyone. Sounds fun. Do they have a parade? :)

choppersmom
03-12-2008, 07:01 AM
I used to have a friend named Bronwyn. She was really nice.

choppersmom
03-12-2008, 07:03 AM
http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/images/2008/03/03/unknown4_2.jpeg

Carole
03-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Hi Brendie! What a terrific way to meet the locals. I think I love St. Daffodil's Day! I've already got 'em springing up all over my yard!

By the way - I'm not Welsh, but my family (both sides) as far back as anyone can find are all from Ireland up until about three generations ago. Is that close enough?

Brendie
03-13-2008, 02:26 AM
Choppersmum, what a great picture! You must have some Welsh blood in you. Maybe you can join the parade with Susie.

Don't worry about not actually being Welsh, Carole - Ireland is close enough. Actually, I'm Irish (from Tralee) Jennifer and my two girls are staunch Welsh, though, so I take my life in my hands when Wales plays Ireland in the Rugby Six Nations. Didn't wales do well, though, IdiotsRUs!!!