PDA

View Full Version : Me Time

III
02-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Do you make "me time" each week? If so, what do you do to indulge and decompress?

For me, it's pool. Once or twice a week I'll go to the pool hall and have a drink, smoke a cigar and shoot pool and not think about anything at all for an hour or two.

quickWit
02-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Once or twice a week I'll go to the pool hall and have a drink, smoke a cigar and shoot pool and not think about anything at all for an hour or two.

Are we to believe you think the rest of the time?

JLCwrites
02-29-2008, 10:53 PM
We've got a pool table in our game room, you are more than welcome to come by and play a few rounds... warning though... I cheat. :)

My 'Me time" is in the form of a beauty ritual. 40 min shower, shaving, and then using a flat iron on my hair. It's my little escape from the mommy thing.

Stew21
02-29-2008, 10:57 PM
I don't have any. :(

My commute to work listening to books on CD is as close as I get to me time.

III
02-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Are we to believe you think the rest of the time?

I think about you with every other waking moment. My wife is so tired of me asking "What do you think QuickWit is doing right now?"

And Turkey - that is such a cute picture. Makes me want to blow zerberts on your baby's tummy.

Pat~
02-29-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm actually guilty of having way too much "me" time. My kids are grown, and I don't have a full-time job (though I pursue part-time stuff with writing, eBay, etc.)

My "me" time stuff:

-skating at the ice rink
-reading
-rabbit trailing on my laptop (chatting with AW and shoutlife friends, etc.)
-bargain shopping (ebay, garage sales, etc.)
-lunching with friends
-going to Bible study

Well, you've just seen my week...

I think I probably should go try to find the "other people" time thread. :gone:

Jersey Chick
02-29-2008, 11:41 PM
I just learned to knit - so I'm working on a blanket (and am happy to announce that it does, in fact, look like a blanket! :D)

I'm also hooked on my Nintendo DS... - but no creepy, gross-out games. I like the Brain Age games and some of my daughter's cartoon-based games.

And then there's always vegging to the tv.

Voyager
02-29-2008, 11:58 PM
It's all me time when you're Evil Overlordette :D

jannawrites
03-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Going to the store - any store - by myself is great Me Time. The process of shopping (or just looking, I don't even have to buy) is really therapeutic for me.

I had some fantastic Me Time last night: And hour-and-forty-five minute drive to a charity event, two hours there, then an hour-and-a-half drive home (via a different route). The driving was what really did it for me. I slurped an iced mocha, rocked out to my favorite stations, and relished my thoughts as their own - no interruptions.

bluntforcetrauma
03-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Other than the occasional game of pocket pool, my time is spoken for.

heyjude
03-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Oh, man, am I getting jealous. My "me" time is when the older one is in school and the younger one is in the bathtub. He's old enough to play by himself if I sit right next to the tub.

I can write on the laptop, one eye on the kid and one eye on the screen. That's my me time. Pathetic, huh? :)

CaroGirl
03-01-2008, 01:26 AM
I think I probably should go try to find the "other people" time thread. :gone:
There are other people?

Jaycinth
03-02-2008, 01:05 AM
When I am deluded into thinking that there is such a thing as 'me time', I imagine that I might actually have time to comtemplate 'dating'.

Ah...but that is a fantasy world in the clouds......

joyce
03-02-2008, 01:11 AM
Me time is usually at night. I'm lucky because my daughter is going to college and does not live at home and hubby goes to sleep between 8 & 9. I'm plagued with insomnia so I have the whole night to myself. I write, watch T.V. or spend time here at AW procrastinating when I should be writing. I love me time and I've waited a whole lot of years to get it and now that I have it....I ain't given it back!:D

DamaNegra
03-02-2008, 01:17 AM
Me time consists on sleeping. I sleep whenever I get a free moment. It's great :)

eldragon
03-02-2008, 01:26 AM
I graduated from nursing school in December, and have had alot of me time lately.

I start my first nurse job Monday, though, and I'm excited about the big change!

No more afternoon naps for a while, though!

KTC
03-02-2008, 01:44 AM
My me time is once a day for an hour. I take my France to the conservation area and we walk in the woods. That place is my church. It's beautiful...and being able to share it with France is one of the biggest blessings I will ever have. Occasionally my boy will come with us...but it's usually just me and France.

Susie
03-02-2008, 01:52 AM
Yep me time is anytime Mr. Susie is snoring.:)

eldragon
03-02-2008, 02:08 AM
My me time is once a day for an hour. I take my France to the conservation area and we walk in the woods. That place is my church. It's beautiful...and being able to share it with France is one of the biggest blessings I will ever have. Occasionally my boy will come with us...but it's usually just me and France.
Who is France?

KTC
03-02-2008, 02:12 AM
France is Franny...my golden retriever.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/KTC43/116_1620.jpg

Her at the conservation area. (-;

eldragon
03-02-2008, 02:21 AM
That is so sweet!

Mom'sWrite
03-02-2008, 02:26 AM
What a beautiful puppy KTC!

I read. My me time is getting lost in a book/magazine/email/website/newspaper/dirty joke.

KarlaErikaCal
03-02-2008, 04:32 AM
Me time.... I wish
not a lot of that lately....