Letterhead question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordDelusions

folly is such fun
Registered
Reaction score
Doubt if this is the right section, but...

What's the policy when you are writing a letter and printing it out on a letterhead, but the letter is more than one page?
I'm guessing you dont have the heading on the second page, but would have the bottom part where the company's address is (the top of the letter head only shows the company name/logo and the name of the of the person incharge - no address)?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
For business letters, I always start the first page with a letterhead, which includes the address and phone number; all succeeding pages start out blank with no additional company info.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Back when I supported our family doing office support, our letterhead came in two types. Page one of any correspondence was full-out letterhead, and page two was always at least matching paper, often with a small logo, company name, or other identifier somewhere on the page. Law firms had far classier stationery than city departments.

I would think that if you're using stationery and printing your own personal letterhead on it, you'd be fine just using a matching sheet for page two, with nothing but your correspondence printed on it. If you're using regular old printer paper and have the capability, a small-font company address centered at the bottom (below any normal margin), possibly in grey-scale so it's fainter than normal type, might look quite professional.

Maryn, who printed drafts of her first novel on company letterhead that became outmoded

Brighid

Registered
Reaction score
between the barns and the buggies, Pennsylvania
For formal/business letters you should have a heading on subsequent pages:

Whomever the letter is addressed to, the date, the page number. Not indented. Like this:

Lord Delusions
February 28, 2008
Page Two

allow at least two lines after the header before starting the body of the letter. (Or, you can set up the header in Word)

Status
Not open for further replies.