PDA

View Full Version : Diary of the Dead - UK release

seun
02-28-2008, 05:18 PM
There's just over a week before the UK release of DOTD. Is anyone else here worried it won't be playing in their town given how small a US release it had? I keep checking my local cinema but they haven't updated their site yet.

Bmwhtly
02-28-2008, 06:04 PM
The thought didn't occur to be honest...

The cinema wouldn't show a trailer for it and then not show the film, would they?

*grabs seun by the throat*
Would They?!

*curses websense*

*goes a phonin'*

zahra
02-28-2008, 11:40 PM
The thought didn't occur to be honest...

The cinema wouldn't show a trailer for it and then not show the film, would they?

*grabs seun by the throat*
Would They?!

*curses websense*

*goes a phonin'*

They didn't show the trailer for it at Shepherd's Bush Vue when I saw Cloverfield there a couple weeks ago... Hyperventilates...

Phew - just checked. It's there. Yee-haw.

seun
02-29-2008, 01:02 PM
My cinema STILL hasn't updated its site. BASTARDS. :rant:

Bmwhtly
02-29-2008, 04:58 PM
The cinema's automated phone line thing say's they're "not currently showing" it. I have a sneaking suspicion that is they Were showing it from Friday, they'd say so.

I'd check the website but the enfeebled dolts who design my work's filtery thing decided that Cineworld was "tasteless" so I'll have to wait till I get home.

The fact is though, if it's not showing, I'll go elsewhere and actually PAY for a ticket to see this.

seun
02-29-2008, 05:12 PM
My local cinema did show Land (for all of about 3 days), but as this has had such a small US release and I've seen NO advertising for it, I'm worried.

Bmwhtly
02-29-2008, 05:15 PM
My local cinema did show Land (for all of about 3 days), but as this has had such a small US release and I've seen NO advertising for it, I'm worried.Well, I understand that Land was a studio film (universal?). Whereas Diary was done independantly, then sold to a distributor.

Worrying, yes.
Apart from anything else, if it's on at fewer cinemas then the money made will be less than otherwise.
Which may mean it's harder for him to get funding for his next one.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.

zahra
02-29-2008, 11:55 PM
The cinema's automated phone line thing say's they're "not currently showing" it. I have a sneaking suspicion that is they Were showing it from Friday, they'd say so.

I'd check the website but the enfeebled dolts who design my work's filtery thing decided that Cineworld was "tasteless" so I'll have to wait till I get home.

The fact is though, if it's not showing, I'll go elsewhere and actually PAY for a ticket to see this.
Meet you at Shepherd's Bush Vue Friday night, then. You buy the pink, stale sweeties that cost seven quid a handful. I'll contraband in the gin. :)

Bmwhtly
03-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Cineworld aren't showing it. The b*stards.

Vue are. Which means, firstly, I'll have to actually pay for a ticket. Secondly, Vue don't assign seats which means I can either be crammed into a good seat, or sit on my own off to the side.
It doesn't help that Vue is a sticky-floored dive.

But i reckon Mr Romero will make it worth while.

seun
03-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Still no update at my cinema. I could just phone them but chances I'd get some spotty fourteen year old oik who doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

Bmwhtly
03-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Well, I've taken Friday off. Means I'll see it before you :e2tongue:

seun
03-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Yeah, well...

I got nothing. :rant:

Bmwhtly
03-04-2008, 11:04 PM
As it turns out...

There are three cinemas in this town: A Cineworld, A Vue and an independant arthouse.

Guess which one's showing Diary of the Dead.
No really, guess!

None of them!

Not one of them thinks the latest film by the man who gave us the zombie genre as we know it is worth showing.
*Stomps Off*

Bmwhtly
03-04-2008, 11:48 PM
*Stomps back in*

The nearest place it's showing in Dundee.
So, if Cineworld were showing it, it'd cost me nothing. If either of the other two cinemas were showing it, it'd cost me... what? 6?

Now, it's going to cost me 20 train fare, say 10 taxi to the flickhouse, 6 for a ticket.

But, I will pay that to see this film.

Thank bob it's payday friday

seun
03-05-2008, 02:09 PM
This is like our own little private thread :D

My cinema has finally updated its site...

They're showing it :hooray:

Bmwhtly
03-05-2008, 02:54 PM
B*stid

seun
03-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Trouble is with moving house in a couple of weeks, I'm not free to go until probably next Tuesday. At least that's cheap night.

So with nobody else involved in this thread, who do you want to talk about? :D

Bmwhtly
03-05-2008, 07:21 PM
hehehehe

You'll never guess which mod got caught *bleeped* with *bleeped* in *bleeped* user cp!

No? give up?

It was *bleeped*

Toothpaste
03-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Have you guys seen it yet? I can't because I can't see horror, but a friend of mine plays the girlfriend in it (I think she's the main girl), and I was curious how she did (though I bet she was awesome)!

zahra
03-06-2008, 02:11 AM
I've also got Friday off! And the Vue is a half-hour walk or 7 min bus ride from me. Eat my dust!:tongue

Bmwhtly, I think any town whose THREE cinemas refuse to show Georgie's best (see what I did there?) is a town which you need to leave. Don't care what the schools/council tax/house prices are like - run, run like the wind!

Bmwhtly
03-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I dunno, zahra, I think I'll just set fire to someone instead.

seun
03-06-2008, 02:02 PM
I dunno, zahra, I think I'll just set fire to someone instead.

Eat their brains. That'll learn them.

clockwork
03-06-2008, 03:23 PM
They're showing it at the crappy cinema in my town! It won't be on for long (Cloverfield was on for four days) but at least it's there. :)

Don't you live in Aberdeen, Ben? And they're not showing it there?!

zahra
03-07-2008, 02:45 AM
Eat their brains. That'll learn them.
Hmm, that would be kind of a joke-nouvelle-cuisine-sized meal, wouldn't it? Hardly enough for a growing boy.

seun
07-03-2008, 10:43 PM
I finally got to see Diary a few days go (moving house in March stopped me going). I really enjoyed it and was very surprised to see all the shitty reviews for it. Discounting the many along the lines of OMG this wuz so lame innit festering on imdb, there are still a load of bad reviews. Am I missing something? I thought the whole film worked really well.

ChaosTitan
07-04-2008, 12:45 AM
I've been debating this one and hadn't made up my mind. I think I'll give it a chance, now. Thanks. :)

shawkins
07-04-2008, 02:32 AM
Yeah, I was kind of surprised by the craptastic reviews as well. It wasn't the absolute best I've ever seen, but I dug it. Watched it twice, actually.

Bmwhtly
07-04-2008, 06:42 PM
I missed it in the cinema, but Amazon delivered it today.

*excited eep*

seun
07-05-2008, 03:11 PM
It wasn't the best in the series but it was still damn good. Probably the best American horror film I've seen in years.

Bmwhtly
07-07-2008, 11:36 AM
It wasn't the best in the seriesNo, that's still Day.

But this one is VERY good. Certainly better than Land, mayhaps even further up.

seun
07-07-2008, 10:35 PM
No, that's still Day.

Damn your eyes! Damn your duck pond! Damn your britches! Night is the best of the series. Even people who thought Love Actually was good know that Night is the greatest film ever made. :rant:

Bmwhtly
07-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Night is the best of the series. Even people who thought Love Actually was good know that Night is the greatest film ever made. :rant:No.
Night is the most important of the series.

But Day is the best.

seun
07-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Good answer. Even though it grates my soul to say such a thing.