memoir conflicts with job question

dakota

Walk on the wild side...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.epertase.com
I work for the city and have written a memoir about my experiences. I do not write anything negative about my employer. I fully expect to speak to the city attorney at some point for an official answer but that's a ways away. The official answer is not easily found in paperwork from my employer. My question; Does anyone know if there are laws or typical rules, or if a city/ government employer would frown upon writing about work experiences while still working for the organization? I just don't want fired for a conflict of interest or some other legal aspect I don't know about.

Ritergal

Registered
Reaction score
Website
heartandcraft.blogspot.com
Based on what I've heard and believe about city governments in general, if your memoir is so squeaky clean and positive that nobody is going to get upset about having it published, it's probably going to read like a marketing piece written by the PR department of Chamber of Commerce! What "real" story doesn't include dirt of some sort or other? That being said, I'm pleased as punch for you that you have a job you apparently love. Not everyone is so fortunate.