Followup email and the original query

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
One of the agents I've queried says they respond within two weeks, and their auto-email response even says to contact them again if they haven't responded by that time. It's been almost a month, so I was going to send a followup email. Should I send the original query in the followup? If so, do you think it would be okay to send the query that was edited based on feedback I recently received on the Rejections and Dejections board, or should I send the exact one I originally sent?

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
If it were me, and I can only speak about what I would do, I would definitely email a followup, cut and paste the original query into it (I always say,"For your convenience, I'm including my query after the signature block.") and use the altered query, UNLESS the query is markedly different. Then you're getting into iffier territory. I probably would still probably go with the altered version, but...it's a bit of a crap shoot. Good luck. And maybe some more board folks will chime in with their experiences.

Daughter of Faulkner

Always a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysite.verizon.net
Why not give a call?!

I always call.
:Cheer:
That's just me--Hey, I like to talk as much as I like to write.

Good wishes to you in whatever you decide to do.

PS I don't know what these three smiles waving flags mean but I hope they bring you good luck!

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
I've used them as pompom waving cheerleaders and flagmen on a runway landing the formerly clueless.

Its a Very Special Emotion (tm).