Number One!

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
I know it doesn't mean so much in terms of overall book sales, but I just happened to be at Amazon, and, being there, I just happened to check the ranking of my book. And right now it's the number one knitting book, and the number 1 needlecrafts book, and it's #88 in reference books!

I'm amazed.

The Knitting Answer Book

K1P1

Registered
Reaction score
Angst? What angst? I think you have this book confused with the one I just finished.

The one in design right now will never be done. And if it gets through production, there'll be a problem with printing. And if it's printed in China, the ship will sink on the way to the US and there won't be any copies available for the big fall knitting season or Christmas. And if there are copies, no one will want it anyway. It'll be so embarassing. I spent a year of my life...well, 9 months...OK OK, I procrastinated and actually wrote it in 6 months. But I worked really hard, and no one's gonna like it! ::sniff:: :D

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
It means much, it means the world!!!

Be proud. Scream from the rooftops! Print out that page from Amazon & keep in a small frame, the same way new businesses frame that first dollar they earned....it's incentive for those days that you ask yourself: what am I doing? am I really a writer?

Beyond stoked for you!

yes...I realllly said 'stoked'....I was watching the BeeGee's documentary the other night, and now I'm stuck in disco mode...um...er...yes...that's right...BeeGee's.... :e2file:

K1P1

Registered
Reaction score
And, amazingly, hours later, the ratings still have my book at the top. This is incredible, since you can pre-order a bunch of the new spring releases, and my book was released back in 2005!

The other truly interesting thing to note is that, of the top 5 knitting books, 3 are published by my publisher, Storey, and 1 by Storey's parent company, Workman. Looks like they're doing things right, eh?