March Flash Fiction Carnival

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:The theme announcement will go LIVE! at midnight EST tonight! :hooray:
:TheWave:
I'll post it in this thread as well. Please ask any questions either at the FFC 2008 blog or here so everyone can benefit. No question is unimportant.:Lecture:

GET READY TO WRITE, BABY ! ! ! :PartySmil

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Awesome. Just came to the forum to ask about the next one and here it is.

Feeling the writing bug come on again so need to write some flash to warm up.

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
The theme announcement is LIVE! at the FFC 2008 blog, but I'm copying it verbatim below:

First off, please excuse my not getting this posted sooner. I went to bed early last evening and actually managed to sleep through the night for once.

Now then, the theme for March is LETTERS and/or NUMBERS.

By letters, I mean alphabet letters. This can take you anywhere you can imagine and follow any genre. The numbers can be numerals of any flavor. Arabic numerals, Roman numerals, Mayan ones. Or even some system you create yourself.

The only limits to this topic are the ones you impose on yourself, so BE FREE!

Now for the nitty gritty:

1. You have two weeks to write and submit. I must receive a link to your story in your blog or elsewhere or en email containing the text for your story to be hosted here at the FFC blog by
12 pm US Eastern Standard Time on March 12th. Email your links and stories to me.

2. All genres and all writers are welcome.

3. Word count should NOT exceed 1000 words.

4. Please PROOFREAD before you send us a story to be hosted. I'm usually pretty nice about hollering at folks, but sometimes (like now) I have other things I'm doing and cannot be your mama or your English teacher.

That's about it. Please ask any questions in the comments at the FFC blog or here. You are likely NOT the only one who has your question.

Ah, one more thing. Do NOT post links to stories in the comments. If I do not have an email from your email address, I will not post it a link to your story. This is a new rule necessitated by our need to confirm that we have full permission of the author to link to and/or post the author's work. This is non-negotiable. No link or story will be posted if the FFC admins cannot confirm its origin. No IP address, no participation. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Now then, GO WRITE!

Last edited:

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
Hey, Virginia!

I have my parents coming into town and must cater to them, but maybe in May I could try hostessing one of these puppies. I imagine the first time is the scariest. Ha ha.

Otherwise, I have two weeks until they get here and would loooove to write up something for this one.

Hope you and my favorite Ms. Mama are doing well. Will e-mail ya soon.

terrie

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
This one sounds interesting. It leaves it open to be either abstract or literal and I just got a kind of scene in my head. No idea where it's going but let's see where it takes me, hey?

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:Madderblue, honey, I look forward to seeing what you can do with this theme. You never cease to amaze me. And I'll give you a holler about May. *evil chortle* Hopefully, I'll be in serious need of someone to fill in about then.

BEN! :hi:That's why I tried to choose a less personal-seeming theme. Letters and numbers can be so cold and impersonal, but the things they can do can impact greatly on our lives. It's all in the manipulation of them. I look forward to your story, my friend.

:e2Order:Okay, you Absolute Writers! It's time to kick yerself in the tuckus and type Type TYPE ! ! ! :e2BIC:

:e2cheer:GO WRITE ! ! !:e2cheer:

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
Is everybody taking advantage of Leap Day as an extra opportunity to write? If so, don't forget that the topic for the March FFC is LETTERS & NUMBERS!

:e2cheer:Write, Baby! WRITE ! ! !:e2cheer:

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay kids, so far today I paid my March bills, bought time for my cell phone, made hummus, guacamole, and fat-free cole slaw from scratch, as well as watched 2 ACC basketball games so far with a 3rd one starting now. As soon as this game is over I'll be working on a flash for the March Flash Fiction Carnival.

:e2Order:HAVE YOU BEGUN WRITING YET? ! ? !:e2BIC:

:e2cheer:WRITE, BABY!WRITE!:e2cheer:

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
:e2Order:NINE DAYS TO WRITE, PEOPLE ! ! !:e2BIC:
:e2cheer:WRITE!:e2bear:WRITE!:hooray:WRITE!:e2cheer:
:PartySmil:TheWave::PartySmil

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
:tongue Okay, Serenagoob. Don't forget -- I have your email addy too! :poke:

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
:partyguy: The submissions are trickling in for the March FFC and if I were a birdie in a Disney cartoon I'd be downright twitterpated with excitement. :e2cloud9:

Now I realize that across the USA in most places we're going to spring forward into Daylight Savings Time in the wee hours of Sunday morning, so you need to take that lost hour into account if you haven't started writing as yet.

Don't forget that anything you have written already that fits the theme of LETTERS and/or NUMBERS is just fine, so look in your files if you're pressed for time. We believe in recycling at the FFC!

:e2cheer: :e2writer: :e2cheer: :e2BIC: :hooray: :e2cheer:

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
:Sun:FOUR DAYS TO WRITE & SUBMIT ! ! !:Sun:

:poke:Write, baby! WRITE ! ! ! :e2cheer:

padnar

Registered
Reaction score
Hi ,
I am Padma . Hope yu got my mail and