Haircuts for older men

Azure Skye

Huh?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for the name (if there is one) of a haircut an older man might get from a barber shop. He's over 65.

I tried to Google this but came up empty. It's possible I'm using a wrong search query.

Any help would be appreciated.

kellytijer

What the hell is going on?!
Registered
Reaction score
My father has always said, "Cletus, gimme the regular."

"Short top and sides?" asks Cletus.

"Yep," says Dad.

Sarpedon

Banned
Reaction score
I seem to recall in the introduction of 'The Man Who Wasn't There' a number of fifties styles of haircuts were named. I don't recall what any of them were. But thats the movie where Billy Bob Thornton plays a barber who kills his wife's lover.

Azure Skye

Huh?
Registered
Reaction score
I seem to recall in the introduction of 'The Man Who Wasn't There' a number of fifties styles of haircuts were named. I don't recall what any of them were. But thats the movie where Billy Bob Thornton plays a barber who kills his wife's lover.

I'll look that up. Thanks.

I just found the script on-line and wrote down some of the names. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Whenever my uncle or granddad got a haircut, they asked for it by number. I think a number five was his usual, which wasn't too short or too long. They got shorter as the numbers lowered I think.

Gary

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm over 65, and I always ask for a "regular...medium on the sides". Some barbers refer to it as a military cut, but that refers to a military cut from 20 years ago, not the current style worn by many of our troops.