Not open for further replies.

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
It's a weird thing, humanity...

My wife and I were on our way home last night, had just left church and turned onto a side street. There, blocking the road, was a car with a man and woman chasing each other around it.

Then they started in on each other.

Nothing too terrible, just a lot of shoving and pushing. But I decided to call it in before it escalated.

So, with my headlights on them, I dial 911 on my cell. The two continue chasing each other, jumping in and out of the car, while I'm on the phone with the dispatcher, giving details and descriptions.

We left as the squad cars arrived...

What's strange is that anyone would stop their car and start having a physical argument out in the middle of a city street. Did they not think that the cops would get called? If not by me, by someone in their home? Maybe by the other drivers coming from the other direction?

Just plain weird...

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Dang, I'm gonna have to stop shoving my husband in public with people like you running around. ;) (We play the "I SHOVE YOU!" game, which involves shoving the other person as hard as you can while yelling I SHOVE YOU!)

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
In my experience, a relationship filled with domestic violence seldom shows any sign of rational behavior. Driven by the abuser's need to control his/her partner, the rest of the world and all manner of accepted conduct fly out of the window. What you witnessed was probably only the tip of the iceberg where these two are concerned. I can only imagine what went on behind closed doors after the police came and went.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
My daughter and I called 911 on our OnStar about two months ago. A couple were stopped at a red light literally pummelling the crap out of each other. When the light turned green they started moving...but continued beating the apesh*t out of each other. They were swerving all over the road. We were sure they no longer knew they were in public...or even that one of them were driving a car. We could actually hear the yelling and screaming in our car behind them. They were being so violent heads were smacking off windows. It was extremely ugly. And they were putting everybody else in danger. Everybody. They were in the other lane...just insane. Good thing there was no traffic coming or somebody surely would have been killed. I don't think people think when they are lost in that kind of anger and hatred...those people you saw running around that car were probably lost inside themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.