REJECTED... again

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone actually been published with Parents magazine without, like, a Phd in mommying? Because it seems like they reject everything. :( At least everything I've ever sent them. I was hopeful when they put out a call to their readers for freelancers last fall, but apparently I don't make the cut.

Seriously, anyone here been published with Parents? What got you in the door?

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot to add... I mailed this sucker ONE WEEK AGO. That's barely enough time for it to have gotten there and back. Ouch.

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch, indeed. Here, have a cookie. What was your article about? Where else can you market it?

Maryn, who barely survived mommying, much less earned a PhD

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
It's about overmedicating kids, so I can sub it to other parenting mags, but I thought I had a shot since they practically begged readers to submit. *Sigh*

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I"m thinking that "Stressed" who is here sporadically submits to Parents. She's the only one I know of.

Hugs.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Aww, sorry, honeymuffin. I don't know this mag, so can't offer any constructive advice, just a big :Hug2:. (And I'll think bad words about them in my head, if you like).

Dan Razor

Bringing Flanel back
Registered
Reaction score
It's about overmedicating kids, so I can sub it to other parenting mags, but I thought I had a shot since they practically begged readers to submit. *Sigh*

That is a great subject, but it makes me think that is the reason of rejection. Some people don't believe it is possible. But that could just be me.

IHeartWriting

Lurking in the shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jblynn.wordpress.com
I would imagine they get a ton of submissions on this very subject, so try not to take it personally.

(I spk from experience -- a couple of years ago I was working on an article about banking cord blood, sent off the query to the editor I worked with, and she replied saying she'd just contracted with another writer the day before to write on the very same subject.)

Good luck placing it somewhere else!

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't read anything about it, but I know a lot of the mainstream mags like to keep the neurotic parents happy (and by this I mean the mommies who give their child penicillin when they sneeze). :)

I'm over it... but I have tried to get a wide range of stories in this magazine, and I can't seem to break in. Humph.

Status
Not open for further replies.