PDA

View Full Version : I hate routines!

ZannaPerry
02-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Does anyone else feel they have fallen into a self-made routine that you live by day to day, and are completely ignoring the fact that you have created this routine??

Well, I've noticed I created a routine in my life and I hate it. I recently discovered I hate to be in a planned enviroment every single day.

I wake up, go to the gym for an hour, shower, go to work, go to class, have dinner, read a few chapters of my current book, fall asleep, then do it all over again the next day and the next day and the next day...

Why can't I live on impulse? Would it relieve some of the tension in my life? And do I even have time to breathe and think about tension? I don't know. I just know I hate routines....

Comments.......

bluntforcetrauma
02-25-2008, 09:47 AM
The exact teason I've held over 50 jobs, been a musician/songwriter, painted, and now write. It's a tough row to hoe when you're as restless as I am.

DamaNegra
02-25-2008, 09:51 AM
The only thing that's scheduled in my life is my classes. Other than that, I just follow my whims.

Mandy-Jane
02-25-2008, 10:17 AM
I really like routine. It makes me feel secure and comfortable. Every now and then I'll do something on impulse and it feels good. But usually, I'm happy with the day to day.

Sean D. Schaffer
02-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Does anyone else feel they have fallen into a self-made routine that you live by day to day, and are completely ignoring the fact that you have created this routine??

Well, I've noticed I created a routine in my life and I hate it. I recently discovered I hate to be in a planned enviroment every single day.

I wake up, go to the gym for an hour, shower, go to work, go to class, have dinner, read a few chapters of my current book, fall asleep, then do it all over again the next day and the next day and the next day...

Why can't I live on impulse? Would it relieve some of the tension in my life? And do I even have time to breathe and think about tension? I don't know. I just know I hate routines....

Comments.......

Huh! I'm just the opposite. :o I wish I could live according to a routine instead of impulse. One of my biggest headaches is getting an impulse to write a new story -- or an old one, as the case may be -- and then the next day the impulse turns around and tells me to stop.

I envy the person who could live according to a routine. I've been trying to get into such a lifestyle for years.

--Sean

sunna
02-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Just the opposite for me - I'm constantly fighting to keep myself to a routine, because that's the only way I get things done. Structure just isn't in my nature at all, but I'm an unorganized blob of impulse without some self-imposed order. Took me years after graduating to realize that the real reason I wasn't writing was because nobody was giving me deadlines.

So now I make myself: go to the gym before work, eat something for lunch, make dinner right when I get home, and write for at least 2 hours before I get online. Last week I set up my router so that my office PC is disconnected from the internet from 5-7 every weeknight. And on weekends I get up at 7, and I have to be sitting in front of my computer, coffee in hand, by 8. I don't leave it until noon, barring social obligations and lonely husbands looking for nookie. :D

Don Allen
02-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Routine gets things done, but impulse rocks. The key.... get an impulsive routine....ooooohhhh I like the way that souunnnddsss!!!!!

writerterri
02-25-2008, 10:34 PM
You can take my three kids for a while? Then you'll appreciate your routine. :D

Go to the gym after work and read in the morning. *shrugs*

kellytijer
02-25-2008, 10:35 PM
I have kids so routine is routine for me. It's the only way I can plan anything impulsive for myself.:D

bluntforcetrauma
02-26-2008, 12:42 AM
I have 7 kids. Routine? Ha! I laugh at routine.