Not open for further replies.

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Sure, Jenna. I have a couple - kind of sardonic, though? I have no shame, so if Amy wants to read and say thanks but no thanks, s'okay by me. Send to her?

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Oh - can you tell I'm getting the hang of this padding your post thing - I know you refer us to the guidelines, but I'm sooooo close to 50! :)

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Far be it for me to stop you. Pad away!

And yes, please send anything you've got to Amy.

She actually has an open slot in this week's newsletter, so the sooner the better! :)

rich

I believe I submitted one to her about 3 weeks ago. I wasn't sure because I couldn't find it in my "Sent" folder. Last week I emailed her to see if she got it. Haven't heard anything yet.

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna

While I'm sure this would be easier to answer in PM, I figure others would want to know the answer so I'm asking it here.

Is there a limit on the number of articles and how often they can be submitted to AW?

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
Richard said:
Heh. I'll try and knock something out when I get a sec.

Richard, that is NOT the way to score brownie points with our illustrious editor. Try: "I'll slave over my keyboard for hours - days if need be - to craft a hilarious and informative piece that I pray will be worthy of publication in your fine journal."

Worked for me. Okay, that, plus I gave Jenna and Amy each 10 bucks.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
aka eraser said:
Worked for me. Okay, that, plus I gave Jenna and Amy each 10 bucks.

Eek! You've been accepted already? Did you submit during this go around? Me, I've heard nothing. Must've missed some crucial piece of information in the guidelines. Either that or the cash included in the e-mail slipped into the nether regions of the internet before it reached them.

Oh, well. Back to the drawing board. If I can find it. I know it's under all this paper somewhere.

rich

Also, keep in mind that we need to confess our AW rejections in the rejection count topic.

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
Birol said:
Eek! You've been accepted already? Did you submit during this go around? Me, I've heard nothing. Must've missed some crucial piece of information in the guidelines. Either that or the cash included in the e-mail slipped into the nether regions of the internet before it reached them.

Oh, well. Back to the drawing board. If I can find it. I know it's under all this paper somewhere.

No Lori! Don't panic. I wrote a piece that appeared a few months ago. :)

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Nah, Frank, wasn't panicking. But good to know all the same. I would confess the amount of work that went into what I sent, too, but it falls under the category, "Not the way to score brownie points". ;)

Mr Underhill

Writer,Burglar,Adventurer
Registered
Reaction score
Pad Your Post Count!

mommie4a said:
Oh - can you tell I'm getting the hang of this padding your post thing - I know you refer us to the guidelines, but I'm sooooo close to 50! :)
Speaking of which, perhaps we could just boil down the Pad Your Post Count for the humor submission. It gets pretty wacky sometimes, especially late at night.

Oh, and BTW I'm now at 49. :Thumbs:

rich

Just got an email from Amy. She accepted my humor piece--scheduled for 4/13.

My bribe was donating my check to The Water Cooler. The wife didn't like my charitable gesture, since without that check we'll be putting off our world cruise for another year.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna was not exaggerating about being "pathetically short on humor essays." I know this because I got an acceptance last night. My piece is scheduled to run in the Just for Fun section of the May 4th newsletter.

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
Way to go, rich and Birol! :Thumbs: I'll be eagerly awaiting the day when I can read your work in the newsletter. :)

rich

(Just can't get used to the name Birol. I keep thinking beer-all.)

Well, Lori, it just better not be funnier than mine. Kudos.

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
Congrats you two!

Pay no attention to the fine print at the bottom of Amy's acceptance letter. Just an unimportant little clause I had her add about promising to not send out a weekly emailed humour thingy.

No biggie.

Carry on.

:gone:

Status
Not open for further replies.