PDA

View Full Version : Be Kind Rewind

Jersey Chick
02-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Anyone else seen this? Jersey Guy and I went last night (I wanted a night away from the little heathens, to just sit and laugh for 90+ minutes)

The beginning was a little slow, the ending a little schmaltzy - but the middle was funny as hell! I think my eyes actually watered a little... ;)

maxmordon
02-25-2008, 12:01 AM
I read about it on Wikipedia and seemed quite interesting! I hope to see it someday

burgy61
02-25-2008, 12:11 AM
Michael and I saw it last night also, I will agree the beginning is a little slow. But some of the remakes they did were hilarious.

Saanen
02-25-2008, 01:17 AM
I just got back from seeing it. I thought it was really good. It did start slow, but I liked the pacing--sort of deliberate when it might have ended up frenetic in the hands of another director. I laughed a lot. :)

Hillary
02-25-2008, 03:03 AM
I saw the Amanda Show clip and decided that was close enough.

Jersey Chick
02-25-2008, 03:06 AM
I almost fell out of the chair when they were getting ready to sabotage the power plant and the cops showed up. And yes - the remakes were great. Wish Blockbuster "Sweded" movies :D

MonaLeigh
02-25-2008, 06:11 AM
I'm glad to hear everybody liked it. I have to admit I thought it looked stupid, but I'll check it out.

Jersey Chick
02-25-2008, 08:19 AM
I read a review of it in our paper - it got 3 stars so I figured it was worth a shot. At first, I though I'd never hear the end of it from my husband (I'm notorious for picking "funny" movies that absolutely suck - I do better picking dramas but I need funny). I was so glad I hadn't picked yet another clunker.

Perks
02-25-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm glad to see someone say something positive, because I found the trailer almost unwatchable. But then again, comedy films are my pickiest catagory.

Hopcus
02-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Sorry to ruin this thread of good reviews but I for one could barely stand to sit through this movie. The twenty minutes of re-makes in the middle were amusing (though never enough so to actually make me laugh), but the save the shop theme was schmaltzy and overdone and plot lines just started and ended at random. Jack Black is magnetized and then not, a romance starts to develop then quickly disappears, characters are left half-created with absolutely no back story to show us why they care so much about the shop/movies. Anyway, sorry if I offended anyone, I just wanted to offer an alternate opinion.

mikeland
02-26-2008, 04:44 AM
At first, I though I'd never hear the end of it from my husband (I'm notorious for picking "funny" movies that absolutely suck - I do better picking dramas but I need funny). I was so glad I hadn't picked yet another clunker.

I once convinced my wife to go see City Slickers II. It took me three years of very carefully picking movies to climb out of that hole.

Jersey Chick
02-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Three words - Muppet. Treaure. Island.

Honestly, I never thought a muppet movie could be bad. how wrong I was...

MovieBlogger
02-26-2008, 08:40 PM
I have to agree with Hopcus, this was a very disappointing film. It had a lot of potential, but didn't work.

I wrote my review here:

http://talkingmoviezzz.blogspot.com/2008/02/theatrical-review-be-kind-rewind-2008.html

mmurphy
02-26-2008, 08:59 PM
It's the kind of amusing film you can wait to see on DVD

Rogert Ebert pretty much sums my take on it. It'll be a nice rental when it comes out.