William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
This 2-year-old boy loves his Elmo, but the feeling isn't mutual. After replacing the batteries of his PC-syncing Elmo Knows Your Name toy, it awoke with a new vocabulary: the phrase, "Kill James?" So what was the child's reaction? He repeats it, getting an enviable early start on his life of self-loathing awaiting ahead. As the news report states, the mother is conflicted as how best to deal with the situation. "Melissa has dilemma, this Elmo is her son's favorite toy...[but it wants to kill him]."

http://gizmodo.com/359993/elmo-doll-wants-to-kill-child-we-still-want-to-kill-elmo

Esopha

bam pow zap.
Registered
Reaction score
I keep seeing scenes from Child's Play flash before my eyes.

Run, James! Run!

Captain Scarf

Smart-casual Ninja
Registered
Reaction score
My sister had a Furby that went evil and kept screaming.

It did not like it when turned it upside down (it yelled: "Maybe monsters) and took the batteries out. We never replaced them.

Evil evil thing

Ever wanted to see what happens when you put a Furby in a microwave?

Someone did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lNfBZTz2xQ&feature=related (NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH- Furby dies)

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
elmo's always given me the creeps. even before i knew its name.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It really wasn't all that threatening. He wasn't saying Kill James! He was only innocently asking, Kill James?

Is that really so creepy?

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
It really wasn't all that threatening. He wasn't saying Kill James! He was only innocently asking, Kill James?

left out of the story is the fact that he sits in silhouette at the kitchen table while asking it, a cigarette burning in an ashtray as he picks his teeth with a knife.

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score

yeah. implies elmo's little wheels are turning.

creepy.

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
left out of the story is the fact that he sits in silhouette at the kitchen table while asking it, a cigarette burning in an ashtray as he picks his teeth with a knife.

oh-kay. now yer writin'.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Back when the first "Tickle Me Elmo" craze hit, I just about cracked my skull bashing it against my walls trying to figure out what nitwit parent could possibly purchase one of these things for a kid. It got worse with the updated "crazed Chucky" version of Elmo that came out a year or so ago. And the idea that people would camp out all night in freezing weather just to be in line to buy these things . . . I can't . . . I can't . . . please, Jesus, let me forget . . .

I suspect we now better get ready for something like the "I Scream Until I'm Blue in the Face Elmo", where he goes off on a 120-decibel tantrum and the nanotech fur on his face turns blue, unless your child pats him on the back, or you shoot him, whichever comes first.

. . . what was I talking about?

Thank you, Lord. Amen.

caw

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
someone gave me elmo slippers as a present once. i bleached them.

...oh wait, that was me. must've been sleepwalking at the time.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
Reminds me of that old Twilight Zone episode with Telly Savalas (?) Talky Tina who ended up killing him. I then was given a Chatty Cathy by my mother, who resides in a box in the closet. I wonder what she has to say some 40 years later after being boxed.:)

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
telly savalas was in twilight zonk??

me missed 'at one..

Status
Not open for further replies.