Uzumaki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romanking18

Registered
Reaction score
has anyone read these? I've seen the movie now and it looks like it could be a good manga. I just don't want to order it and be dissapointed!

Moon Wolf

Yeah, I did too. Awesome anime, awesome manga... if it IS Naruto, by the way. ^^

Otherwise, no, I haven't.

laurel29

has a lopsided smile.
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't read Uzumaki, but the summary on from Wikipedia was interesting. It isn't the same thing as Naruto. It's a horror manga.

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Spooky, I just read volume three last night (I hope the spiral hasn't started following me...).

Uzumaki is one of my favorite manga ever, and one of the best horror stories I've ever read. I really admire Junji Ito and how he can take a silly idea (a small town plagued by spirals) and make it horrifying. It also helps that his art is gorgeous. It's insanely detailed and just realistic enough to make things creepy but cartoony enough that anything can happen.

uzumakis1of4dm6.jpg

(I tried to find an image that didn't give too much away or that was too disturbing)

It's just an awesome series (personally, I prefer it to Naruto ;) ). I saw the movie as well, and thought it was kind of stupid. What works well in comic format under ito's skillful hand just doesn't look right on the big screen. But hey, if you liked the movie, you'll like the manga as it's a thousand times better.

Status
Not open for further replies.