PDA

View Full Version : An Anonymous Valentine and Gift

Joycecwilliams
02-23-2008, 07:07 AM
Today the secretary from the newspaper for which I work, called me and said I had a letter at the office. I thought perhaps it was something regarding my column but she said no. It looked personal and had hearts on the envelope.

She held it up to the light and said it looked like a doily was inside. Well I had a lot of romantic thoughts about a tall, handsome stranger sending me an anonymous valentine as well as many other thoughts. It created a flood of creative ideas on why someone would be sending a valentine. I wrote all these down and hope to do some stories on them. I almost hated opening up the card, because the "mystery" would be gone.

The envelope was a plain white mailing smaller size envelope. It had "local" postmark along with a heart sticker in one corner, and a different heart sealed on the flap. There was no returned address. It was address to me at the newspaper address.

When I opened it, there was a lovely heart shaped doily that had a smaller solid white heart in the middle. Inside the solid white written in red ink was:

Dear Gayle (my real name)
Happy Birthday

Your Heart, Your Passion,
Your Dreams will lead you to Life's Most Beautiful Places!
Happy Valentine's Day
Your Secret Pal

I have no idea who it is from. The two people I thought it may be definately did not send it.

What is so wonderful about it, is my creative juices are still flowing. It is the best gift a writer can get.

I am thinking of using this as a prompt for some of my writer friends.

sassandgroove
02-23-2008, 07:10 AM
that's neat. Glad you are enjoying is so much.

TrainofThought
02-23-2008, 07:16 AM
Aw... that is romantic. If someone sent me a secret valentine, I think the box would be ticking.

Whoever sent it to you, I hope they get the courage to personally tell you how they feel.

ToT, who doesn't have courage. :)

Joycecwilliams
02-23-2008, 07:23 AM
Aw... that is romantic. If someone sent me a secret valentine, I think the box would be ticking.

Whoever sent it to you, I hope they get the courage to personally tell you how they feel.

ToT, who doesn't have courage. :)

ToT My news years resolution is to have courage. I wrote about it on my blog. I am very brave, but lack courage. I resently sent a letter to someone I wanted to keep in contact but had moved away. It was difficult for me, but I did he. He hasn't answered me and that's okay, but I feel happy that I made the effort.

I hope the person comes forward also...and I hope you adopt courage.