Query letter question

justme

Well butter my biscuit!
Registered
Reaction score
An agent encouraged me to submit my next manuscript to her when it is complete. Do I need to send a formal query letter? We’ve exchanged a few emails and I feel like such a formal letter would be weird. Although, I do not want to seem rude by sending such an informal email. Any suggestions on how to handle this situation?

Valona

Registered
Reaction score
Yes. You need to send a query, but in the opening paragraph, you can mention her request to see your next manuscript.

ExposingCorruption

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
An agent encouraged me to submit my next manuscript to her when it is complete. Do I need to send a formal query letter? We’ve exchanged a few emails and I feel like such a formal letter would be weird. Although, I do not want to seem rude by sending such an informal email. Any suggestions on how to handle this situation?

How's this for a paragraph in your query:

"You encouraged me to submit my next manuscript to you when it is complete. It is now complete and ready for your review. I don't know what your work load is right now and I didn't want to send it without asking, so should I go ahead and send the manuscript?"

Last edited: