• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Urgently Needed for Urban Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

katfireblade

Fluffy lurker in shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Genre:
The genre is Urban Romantic Fantasy.

Story:
Total fantasy. Expect Fae but no elves and a crossing of worlds, as well as a few more intimate moments. Expect albino twins, demon children, dark magic, fast food jobs, gargoyles, dancing, and one slightly confused heroine.

Manuscript:
Its past 100,000 words but not quite done yet. I keep trying to cut bits out but only succeed in adding bits on (argh!!). However, I am on the final chapters as we speak.

Give it to me straight. I don't care about coddling or hand holding and it wouldn't be the first time a piece of criticism made me cry. My reaction is to feel sorry for myself for a bit, then fix it and get on with my life. I promise not to chew you out for an honest opinion.

All I ask in return is to be polite and be SPECIFIC. Don't tell me its crap, tell me why. For that matter, don't tell me you love it, but tell me why there, as well. The more I know the better I write.

A plus would be people who can catch the chicken-scratch comma syndrome (AKA: the where, the heck, do these, commas, go, anyway,,, syndrome) and point out when I am yet again indulging in some serious run-on sentences.

Credentials:
Don't care, just take it seriously and get back to me a in a timely manner and/or let me know if you'll be delayed. :tongue

Deadline:
Insane. I'm angling for the end of the month. If not, then as soon after that as humanly possible.

Return Promises:
I have to get this done NOW, so currently, well, none. I am full up with other beta reading of my own as well as this project. But if you aren't in a hurry once this is completed I will free up my time and return the favor.

Windsong

Registered
Reaction score
Does it have any swearing, sex, or graphic violence in it? I try to give good critiques so I probably wouldn't have this done by the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.