PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching AMERICAN IDOL?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

small axe
02-14-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm up for another season, yes I am. Looks like there will be some really good singers and some REAL competition this year based on actual TALENT and not ... absurd hair.

So far, I'm putting my SuperDelegate support behind:

MICHAEL JOHNS, the guy who sang "Bohemian Rhapsody" -- I think he's ready for stardom NOW: sings great, looks great, charming on stage. Fans will love him ...
http://mjsbigblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/michaeljohns.jpg

(but the little girl voting blocks will cry over that younger kid Danny Noriega
http://mjsbigblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/dannynoriega.jpg who I might as well be the first to tell you the ugly truth: is said to be the son of Panamanian dictator and drug lord Manuel Noriega ... and has his exact pockmarked skin under the American Idol makeup! Girls ... don't waste yer votes, he's not your dreamboat, he's not Sanjaya!

BROOKE WHITE, she's beautiful, vulnerable, and has a beautiful (if not powerful) voice, imo.
http://mjsbigblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/brookewhite.jpg

Who are your favs and least favs?
http://mjsbigblog.com/just-another-top-50-update-spoilers.htm

Love 'em all or hate 'em all ... I fear more hopes and dreams will be invested in "Who'll Be the next American Idol?" than "Who'll Be the Next President of the USA?":Shrug:

We might as well have a GOOD one!

edgyllama
02-14-2008, 07:05 PM
I think the singing of Bohemian Rhapsody should be banned on Idol. It's tiring.

Shadow_Ferret
02-14-2008, 07:06 PM
That show's still on?

III
02-14-2008, 07:07 PM
I always watch Idol up through the final cuts, but now's when the show loses all interest for me. Unless Sanjaya's singing, then I'm in.

RumpleTumbler
02-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Brooke White is hawt. :)

If this guy (http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season7/david_archuleta/) doesn't fold mentally I think he has a chance of taking it. I'm not particularly fond of him but I think "America" will be.

edgyllama
02-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Her being hawt is what they're counting on ;)

Siddow
02-14-2008, 07:21 PM
My favorite went home last night...that homeless kid who lives in his car and sings with a British accent. Now I'm worried about him.

Michael's hawt. Did that dude with the effed up hair go home?

RumpleTumbler
02-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Cardin McKinney was verra hawt.

dolores haze
02-14-2008, 07:46 PM
My sad addiction to this show is only rivalled by my equally sad addiction to AW.

I'm liking that Joplinesque nurse with the head injury and the green card wavin' Irish gal. But, as usual, I will no doubt change my mind several times throughout the season. My three guys all have to go watch a movie in the bedroom when Idol is on. Someone please help me.

RumpleTumbler
02-14-2008, 07:51 PM
My favorite went home last night...that homeless kid who lives in his car and sings with a British accent. Now I'm worried about him.

He's from Tennessee and the British accent is fake.

He was able to go to California which is more than I can do and I'm not homeless. Amazing how even homeless people have more money than I do.

I'm sure he will blubber his way through another $1,000 a day begging spree living the high life while all of us who work can't afford to buy clothes that fit.

III
02-14-2008, 07:58 PM

Ugh, I couldn't stand that kid (although my daughters loved him). Anyone who disses their band automatically drops to the bottom of the food chain for me. Especially if they dismiss the band and go on to do a horrific a-capella performance with an inexplicable fake British accent. But I agree that he probably needs to go back home. Dude was not emotionally stable.

Brooke White is hawt. :)

If this guy (http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season7/david_archuleta/) doesn't fold mentally I think he has a chance of taking it. I'm not particularly fond of him but I think "America" will be.

I actually really like that kid and I think he'll probably be top 3.

Dang it, I need to put this thread on ignore before I get totally sucked in.

dolores haze
02-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Dang it, I need to put this thread on ignore before I get totally sucked in.

III - You're my buddy, my pal, my friend. PLEASE tell me how to put a thread on ignore. PLEASE - I'm beggin' here.

jannawrites
02-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Ooh, I LOVE watching AI with my daughters. (I never said I wasn't lame...)

I'm diggin' Michael Johns (the Aussie), Brooke White (she's flippin' adorable, and the kind of idol our girls need), or Carly Smithson (the Irish girl). I do believe this'll be the best season yet, they're all so super talented.

Jcomp
02-14-2008, 08:31 PM
The talent this year actually seems pretty solid all around. I like the rocker chick and the black chick who lost her pops. And the dude above, Michael Johns, seems to have some soul in him, and I'm always all right with that...

jannawrites
02-14-2008, 08:33 PM
.. the black chick who lost her pops...

Oh, yeah! I've got to support her, too; she's from my home state. What a sad story, but she's really shown her strength.

... And I was so disappointed the woman who has a daughter with developmental delays didn't make it. She's so talented! But I guess she was meant to go back home with her girl.

cray
02-14-2008, 09:04 PM
III - You're my buddy, my pal, my friend. PLEASE tell me how to put a thread on ignore. PLEASE - I'm beggin' here.

until dance war - bruno vs. carrie ann is over III ain't watching anything.
and i mean anything!

fact: he practices the dances after the show.

Soccer Mom
02-14-2008, 09:50 PM
You gotta know I looooooove AI. Last season, I posted a weekly poll after performances for who should go home. :D And I intend to do so again because I'm just that kind of a geek.

Sign me as an early Michael Johns fan. I :heart: him.

NicoleMD
02-14-2008, 10:14 PM
Ohhhhh...I miss Sanjaya!!! I wish that curly haired nerdy kid would have made it. He was fun to watch. I have a feeling that this season is going to lack in the personality department.

Nicole

edgyllama
02-15-2008, 12:43 AM
He's from Tennessee and the British accent is fake.

He was able to go to California which is more than I can do and I'm not homeless. Amazing how even homeless people have more money than I do.

I'm sure he will blubber his way through another $1,000 a day begging spree living the high life while all of us who work can't afford to buy clothes that fit.

I didn't have any sympathy for him...he dropped out of high school and lives in his car. Go back to school, kiddo.

Sarita
02-15-2008, 06:45 AM
My favorite went home last night...that homeless kid who lives in his car and sings with a British accent. Now I'm worried about him. Josiah. He was my favorite too. I hope he's okay. He had such a sweetness to him, so innocent. His voice was so pure.

Elaine Margarett
02-15-2008, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE=RumpleTumbler;

If this guy (http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season7/david_archuleta/) doesn't fold mentally I think he has a chance of taking it. I'm not particularly fond of him but I think "America" will be.[/QUOTE]

TMZ had a report about him. The "Aw, shucks, can I really sing, or are people just being nice 'cos I'm little?" is an act, sorry to say. He won Star Search when he was 12, has made lots of paid public appearances singing since he was even younger. He has a wonderful voice but just goes to show "smarmy" has no age restrictions.

Incidently...has anyone else drawn the conclusion that I have? ~~ All those dreadful hopefuls who don't have a clue how bad they are lining up for the judges during the mass auditions...makes me think that's what it's like for editors/agents at writers' conferences when they get hit with all those awful pitches. Makes my head swim to think of it. <g>

EM

jannawrites
02-15-2008, 08:09 PM
...All those dreadful hopefuls who don't have a clue how bad they are lining up for the judges during the mass auditions...

I've always wondered how many are there as a dare. Surely their friends put 'em up to it. Or, they're actors, seeing how far they can get with it. A couple seasons ago, a lesser know actor/comedian did that... Chris something. Can't think of his name...

Elaine Margarett
02-15-2008, 08:22 PM
I've always wondered how many are there as a dare. Surely their friends put 'em up to it. Or, they're actors, seeing how far they can get with it. A couple seasons ago, a lesser know actor/comedian did that... Chris something. Can't think of his name...

True, but the vast majority (and I mean tens of thousands) of people who show up and never make it on camera really think they can sing!

When I hear the number of mss submitted as opposed to the number that actually make it all the way to the bookshelves, I can't help but draw the comparison.

Elaine,
hoping she can sing -- I mean write. <g>

jannawrites
02-15-2008, 08:25 PM
True, but the vast majority (and I mean tens of thousands) of people who show up and never make it on camera really think they can sing!

I hear ya. And they say "everyone" has always told them they're a good singer. Pfft.

:D

MelodyO
02-15-2008, 08:27 PM
I love this show, although I'm not quite as obsessed this year - probably because I know all my favourites will inevitably be kicked off. I don't know why they do this every year, but they tend to drop the kids with some personality and quirkiness for the kids with hot bods. But the good looking kids tend to be bland as white cupcakes, as we'll rediscover in the coming weeks. Why did they get rid of the guy with the glasses who wants to be a Senator? Of course he won't win, but he would have put some much needed fun into the show. Simon knew it, but Paula and Randy went with the safe kid who'll be forgotten even if he goes on to win. NOT THAT I'VE BEEN OVERTHINKING THIS.

Heh, I could talk about AI forever.

Siddow
02-15-2008, 08:33 PM
...Simon knew it, but Paula and Randy went with the safe kid who'll be forgotten even if he goes on to win.

Oh, yeah! When he sat down in front of the judges with the geekboy, I didn't remember ever seeing him before. Did they run his auditions? Totally forgettable.

III
02-15-2008, 08:45 PM
until dance war - bruno vs. carrie ann is over III ain't watching anything.
and i mean anything!

fact: he practices the dances after the show.

Yeah, keep it up and I'll be practicing a dance war ....................................... ON YOUR FACE!!!!!!

Duh, just put white-out over that part of the screen.

jannawrites
02-16-2008, 01:34 AM
Interesting articles on Yahoo today:

Irishwoman Carly Smithson had previous record deal (http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/13980/irish-idol-smithsons-secret-past)

and

For Josiah's fans (http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/12062/lemingheads-lament-josiah-is-gone) (includes clips of original songs)

Soccer Mom
02-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Who should go home? I'm not posting a poll until we get to the final twleve because there are just too dang many people right now (and way too many of them are named David. Yeesh.) Here are my feelings on the Top 12 guys in the order they performed. Some of the song names aren't correct, but you'll remember which song.

1. David H: sang Midnight Hour. Good start, rough end.

2. Chikeze: I Love You More Today. Ugly orange suit, mediocre vocals and an argument with Simon. Not an auspicious beginning

3. David C: So Happy Together. Bad hair. Good singer. I loved the rocker vibe. One of my favorites.

4. Jason (the dad): Moonriver. Very bland. A nice man with a cute kid and a cheezy deliver.

5. Robbie (long-haired rocker): One is the Loneliest Number. Much nicer voice than I expected with good range. I liked him.

6. David A (the kid): Shop Around. I'm impressed with his command of his voice at only 17. But I think his lower register is lacking. He has the performance skills to go very far.

7. Danny N: Jailhouse Rock. Meh. I didn't hate him as much as Simon did, but he did nothing for me.

8. Luke: Skipping Over the Ocean like a Stone. Ugly hoodie jacket. His voice was soothing. Like a nap. Another forgettable performance. When I first saw him, I thought "WHO?" I'm still thinking that.

9. Colton (blond boy): Suspicious Minds. A cute blond boy with a decent voice. I wish they had put the kid with glasses through instead.

10. Garrett: Breaking up is Hard to Do. Poor kid was really nervous and shaky.

11. Jason (dred boy): What a Day for a Daydream. I loved him. I know he doesn't have the best voice, but I smiled all the way through his song. :heart: My favorite performance of the night.

12. Micheal (Aussie): Light my Fire. Probably the best voice in the competition. Goofy scarf. Hot vocals. My second favorite.

Who should go? Luke and Jason were the two biggest snoozes of the night for me. I bet you had to look up-thread to even remember who they were. Didn't you? Not memorable at all.

So.....

Who do you like?

JennaGlatzer
02-20-2008, 08:56 AM
I wouldn't be too sad if Chikeze, Luke, or Colton went. I liked Michael, Robbie, and Jason (dreds)... the others had good spots and bad. Didn't fall in love with any of them, but most are certainly talented.

NicoleMD
02-20-2008, 10:58 AM
I think Chikeze will go a long way, just because he isn't named David or Jason. :)

I'm so confused...

Nicole

Soccer Mom
02-20-2008, 06:50 PM
The sad part is that I like most of the Davids. Ack! What if we ended up with a final four composed entirely of Davids?

Shadow_Ferret
02-20-2008, 07:19 PM
I accidently tuned it in last night looking for election coverage and caught that Michael guy singing "Light My Fire." Then they played clips of all the rest.

Why bother? Just annoint him now and be done with it. The rest of the pack was either horrible or creepy.

kellytijer
02-20-2008, 08:20 PM
I think Luke and Jason (the dad) will get kicked to the curb...sad though, they might have brought something if it hadn't been 60's night...

Stew21
02-20-2008, 09:36 PM
David C., Jason, Michael, Robbie - they were all great. I'm just waiting for everyone else to get out of the way because I think they are the real competitors.

David A - the kid - won't have the staying power, Garrett - nah - I just don't think he's ready, Danny - in a few weeks we are going to consider him the Sanjaya of the season and be begging for him to go away already. Colton - not ready. Luke and Jason (the dad) - I wanted them both to do better than they did. I was disappointed in them. I wanted so much to like them and just didn't. Chikeze - I thought he was awful. Won't be sorry to see him go at all.

Soccer Mom
02-20-2008, 09:57 PM
60's night was an odd start. I wasn't crazy about the choices a lot of them made. I think David A will be this year's Paris. He'll start strong and then fade.

I'm afraid Danny may be the one propped up by Vote For The Worst. :( Grrrrr

Sarita
02-20-2008, 10:02 PM
I really liked Michael Johns and Jason (with the dreads.) Aside from Josiah, Michael was my second favorite guy. He's really good. I was just surprised at Jason. They didn't feature him at all in the audition process. He was good!

underthecity
02-21-2008, 05:40 AM
I'm VERY disappointed they dropped the "group singing" for the singing while playing an instrument. Besides the auditions, the group singing segment has always been my favorite part of the show. It's awesome. They put all these people with egos together, make them form groups, make them stay up really late and learn a song and basic routines, and let the fireworks fly! All the tension, arguments, and fighting just made for great television. (Will anyone forget the singers who hit the hot tub and bars instead of rehearsing? Classic!)

Anyway, I thought the instruments didn't work out. It didnt' add anything, IMHO.

Back to the thread,

allen

Sage
02-21-2008, 05:44 AM
I like Kid David the best. I also enjoyed Dread Jason's performance. The rest were just okay or bad.

And I seem to be the only one not in love with Michael's voice.

Sarita
02-21-2008, 05:51 AM
I'm DVR'ing the girls. I'll watch it tomorrow or something.

Soccer Mom
02-21-2008, 08:01 AM
****SPOILER ALERT****

This contains info about the girls and their songs, so skip this if you haven't had a chance to see them yet.

1. Kristy: sang Rescue Me. Just okay for me. No WOW factor.

2. Joanne: Say a Little Prayer. Again just okay.

3. Alaina: More Than Yesterday. Cute and bubbly. She was fun. I enjoyed her.

4. Amanda: (rocker-nurse chick). Please Don't Go. Mumbly, but still enjoyed her. She's fun and different.

5. Amy: Where the Boys Are. Flat and boring. Very beauty pagent.

6. Brooke: So happy together. Very likeable and entertaining. She could grow on me.

7. Alexandrea: Spinning Wheel. nice.

8. Katie: Groovy Kind of Love. Like her voice. Very controlled, but could use more passion.

9. Asia'h: Another Little Piece of my Heart. I loved her. Fresh and fun.

10. Ramiele: You Don't Have to Say. The best ballad we heard. She was my favorite of the evening.

11. Syesha: Tobacco Road. Big, powerful voice. I loved her too.

12. Carly: The Shadow of your Smile. I don't get her. They are pimping her so hard and her voice is good, but she doesn't nothing for me.

Amy, Kristy, Katie or Joanne could go home without me noticing.

small axe
02-21-2008, 11:44 AM
I forgot to record the GUYS night, so all I remember from the GUYS was: that Colton (blond boy): Suspicious Minds. I thought was the one really weak one (to the extent that it was annoying he was even there, when better ones never even made it!

Axe him, and the rest of the Guys are pretty good (unlike last season, where MANY of the males were lame and didn't deserve to inhale the Chicks' dust!)

Micheal (Aussie): Light my Fire. I loved him the previous week when he did Queen, I still think he'll be there a LONG time (great voice, good rogue looks) -- but I thought he was pretty so-so on the Doors song. Nothing that lit my fire -- and I LOVE that song. Judges ate him up like candy, oddly enough.

6. Brooke: So happy together. She's my fav, and she has a great package (voice, angel looks) -- but she needs to let herself WAIL. Middling song, and Simon did her zero favours by saddling her with the "goody two shoes" yoke.

8. Katie: Groovy Kind of Love. Is her name Kady? None of the judges liked her? (Maybe I'm mixed up) One had a beautiful sultry voice, but was just too lowwwww energy and the judges jumped her? But her I liked.
9. Asia'h: Another Little Piece of my Heart. I think she's great, too. She SASSY and sexy and totally charming!
10. Ramiele: You Don't Have to Say. AMAZING voice, and beautiful exotic looks. She'll go FAR, I'll predict.

11. Syesha: Tobacco Road. Another of my favs ... but I hated that song, it went nowhere. But she's pretty and we know she can belt it out from last time -- when she could barely speak aloud, she wailed!

RumpleTumbler
02-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Brooke needed different eye makeup.

Otherwise still hawt.

CaroGirl
02-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Interesting articles on Yahoo today:

Irishwoman Carly Smithson had previous record deal (http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/13980/irish-idol-smithsons-secret-past)

She admitted all that on the air last night. I was a bit surprised to hear it, mind you. But she doesn't seem to be covering it up in any way.

jannawrites
02-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Darnit! I caught all the boys' perfomances (which I thought were largely lacking) Tuesday, but we were on the road last night and I only caught part of the very last song. And what's with Songs from the 60s? You can't successfully pull off a theme like that, IMHO, with the ages of those on stage. Yes, I realize the idea is to show the range of the singers, but I thought it was a little boring. Except for Michael Johns. He rocked! Okay, and I get, too, it has to do with their selections. Most of them didn't put enough thought into what song they sang. IMHO (again).

She admitted all that on the air last night. I was a bit surprised to hear it, mind you. But she doesn't seem to be covering it up in any way.

What did she say about it?

MelodyO
02-22-2008, 12:23 AM
What did she say about it?

She said the record company folded, and that's why she's on AI. She also said she felt like she was getting a second chance. Although the bronchitis gods gave her a good poke last night, so we'll see what we see about that.

Soccer Mom
02-22-2008, 01:58 AM
In a sick way, I can't wait to see a group go home tonight. There are some talented folks, but there's a lot of dead weight in the way.

small axe
02-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Even Paula brought up the "previous record deals and experience" issues on the show tonite.

They seem to be pretty firm on facing up to the "scandal" (well, it's a scandal-wanna-be, a tempest in a tea saucer, it is the Sanjaya of scandals) and deflating it, right up front.

Power to them. They've got a finally 24 who can really sing. And the Top 20 really are very very good.

small axe
02-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Goodbye, you two guys who most-deserved to be axed. No regrets seeing you go.

SPOILER ALERTION!
AMY was sad because she stank the first night but in her "goodbye" performance she did it really pretty well!

And sending ALAINA home?! That was utterly CRAZY! I thought she was really great, both nights!

The thing is, there are so many GREAT contestants this season, from now on it will be really sad seeing them get cut!

They said they got 28 million votes. I know, I must've tried to vote 10-12 times, across several hours, and the line was always busy! Never got through!

Does it cost money to vote?

Sarita
02-22-2008, 05:27 PM
In a sick way, I can't wait to see a group go home tonight. There are some talented folks, but there's a lot of dead weight in the way.I felt the same way. I wasn't too surprised with who went home.

KTC
02-22-2008, 05:37 PM
My money is on David Archuleta. He's got the whole package...if he can sustain. A lot of the younger ones don't have the staying power but I think he might come through.

jannawrites
02-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Here! For all the Josiah fans. He's got a MySpace music site. You can purchase cds with recordings of all his songs (or just listen to a few for free), which he's had produced since his time with AI.

http://www.myspace.com/josiahleming

MelodyO
02-22-2008, 08:48 PM
So, after this week my favourite performance was Jason Castro. When he first got on stage I thought, "Who's this dork with the hair?", but after he started singing I couldn't take my eyes off him, and also couldn't stop smiling the whole time. There's just something about him! Here's his performance. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO3KU0ACyyE)

A close second was Michael Johns (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgW54_Htkvg), who was actually too perfect for my taste! I like 'em quirkier (hey, just like the characters in my WIP). Regardless, he also had enough charisma to launch a thousand 'ships. Heh, fanficcers might be the only one to get that joke.

As for the guys who got kicked off, right on the money IMO. I was glad, glad, glad to see both of them go. I wasn't so sure about the women, but what can you do?

And Simon was his usual jerky self to the losers. Which is why I love him. :)

ChaosTitan
02-22-2008, 08:58 PM
FYI: I merged this thread with Soccer Mom's Top 12 thread. The redirect looks a little funky, but all posts are secured. :)

Susan Breen
02-22-2008, 09:05 PM
I felt badly for that cute blonde kid who got voted off, especially when Simon told him he should get a job doing something else. How self possessed these kids are to stand up there and hear these things--or maybe you have to be seventeen in order to be able to take that. And then you have to sing. I would have been a puddle.

Soccer Mom
02-22-2008, 09:27 PM
So far, I love the Aussie, Dredlocks, Asia'h, and Ramiele. I'm not upset with any of the folks sent home.

Soccer Mom
02-22-2008, 09:28 PM
You're awesome, Chaos!

KTC
02-22-2008, 09:29 PM
You're awesome, Chaos!

Awesome chaos?! That just sounds...well...it sounds chaotic.

Soccer Mom
02-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Should we call her Titanalicious?

KTC
02-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Should we call her Titanalicious?

It's your dime, lady. Call her fantabulicious if you wish.

Soccer Mom
02-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Chaostastic Titanalicious it is, then. :D

small axe
02-23-2008, 04:49 AM
Chaostastic Titanalicious

If Paula said that about a singer's performance, it would sound like the sweetest praise.

But somehow, I can also hear Simon wrapping his harsh serpent vowel'd voice around that too ... and it would sound Evil!

Randy would say: "Chaostastic Titanalicious, dude (or dawg). You kept it real!"

Soccer Mom
02-23-2008, 07:33 AM
Randy: Dawg, that was Chaostastic Titanalicious. You blew it outta da box."

Paula: What I love about you is that you're so Chaostastic Titanalicious. And you have a beautiful spirit of unicorns. I see butterflies when you daisy. Purple.

Simon: If I'm going to be completely honest, it was all a bit "Chaostastic Titanalicious" for my taste, just like you would get on a dreadful cruise ship to hell.

ChaosTitan
02-23-2008, 07:41 AM
OMG, I'm a catchphrase. :eek:

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Soccer Mom, you are awesome. :D

jannawrites
02-23-2008, 07:48 AM

Paula: What I love about you is that you're so Chaostastic Titanalicious. And you have a beautiful spirit of unicorns. I see butterflies when you daisy. Purple.

Funny thing is, I could hear her saying it.

:ROFL:

mikeland
02-23-2008, 08:56 AM
I agree with small axe. I think Ramiele is the sleeper to watch in this race. That girl can sing.

I really liked both Jason Castro and Brooke. I think you could send the two of them on the road to coffee shops around the country right now -- call it "Deer in Headlights Tour '08". They both need to work on stage presence a bit.

David Archuleta bugs the hell out of me. Am I the only one? But our Brazilian au pair loves him, so he'll probably be with us for a while. I think she's a pretty good barometer for that lucrative 15-24 girls demographic vote that seems to keep goofballs such as Sanjaya, Kevin Covais and that annoying redheaded kid around way past their expiration dates.

I've had enough of Carly. To paraphrase Simon, she's not as good as they think she is.

small axe
02-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Randy: Dawg, that was Chaostastic Titanalicious. You blew it outta da box."

Simon: If I'm going to be completely honest, it was all a bit "Chaostastic Titanalicious" for my taste, just like you would get on a dreadful cruise ship to hell.

Funny thing is, I could hear her saying it.

:) I laughed out loud. You've captured them pretty exactly! The next time Paula goes on one of her spacey rambles, that's exactly what I'll hear!

RumpleTumbler
02-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Brooke continues to be hawt while her choice of attire sucked.

Hated the boots.

Her guitar was filthy but her hawtness prevailed. ;)

Sarita
02-28-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm being underwhelmed by the girls, save Carly and Brooke. The guys are doing ok.

mmurphy
02-28-2008, 06:42 PM
I am kind of underwhelmed by all them it's year. Maybe its because none are standing out, maybe it's because I've seen this show sicne season 1 and and they all look and sound the same.

RumpleTumbler
02-28-2008, 06:44 PM
It's hilarious that Simon can make all this happen just so he can swim in money and everyone thinks they're being entertained in the process.

My hat is off to him.

Soccer Mom
02-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Not that great of a week. Here's my take on the guys:

The Chaostastic Titanalicious: It was a good week for the davids:

David H: Love his voice
David C: This guy is the real rocker
Chikieze-this was his week to shine. I finally got why he was in this competion
Michael Johns is still awesome. Love his voice

The mid-listers:
Jason: Still has tons of charisma and I fangirl him, but he was just aw'ight, dawg.
Robbie: not bad, but not the rocker he thinks he is

Who's in trouble:
Luke: good vocals but no personality when he sings;
Danny N: Get him off my screen already. The good news is that he was better than last week. The bad news? Still not good.
Jason Y: seems like a super nice person, but not a pop star. Sorry.

The over-pimped:

David A: Can the judges kiss his ass a little more? Honestly! He's okay, but I don't get him. He's a young kid with a pretty voice. That's it for me. Not Chaostastic Titanalicious yet in my book. Maybe when he grows a little chest hair...

My picks for going home: Jason Y and Danny N.

Soccer Mom
02-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Okay, here's what I think of the girls. Definitely not a good night.

Chaostastic Titanalicious: Only two.
Brooke: I love her vibe. She's so appealing
Carly: Last week I had her in the over-pimped, but this week she rocked it out and I loved her. She can blow it down, dawg!

The mid-listers:
Ramiele: I still love her, but that was a bad song choice.
Kristy Lee: Thousand times better. She has the potential to move into Chaostastic Titanalicious territory with the right choices
Syesha: She can and will do better
Asia'h: blah

In trouble:
Kade: Love her personality, but her voice is sadly lacking
Alaina: Just another blonde with a pretty voice. These girls all blur together and I think their days are numbered.
Alexandrea: Wasn't that good and a quiet performance early can send you home
Amanda: That was bad. Just bad.

My picks for going home? Amanda and Alaina

KTC
02-28-2008, 07:16 PM
My money is on David Archuleta. He's got the whole package...if he can sustain. A lot of the younger ones don't have the staying power but I think he might come through.

I still agree with what I said. My money is on him to take it.

mmurphy
02-28-2008, 07:28 PM
It's hilarious that Simon can make all this happen just so he can swim in money and everyone thinks they're being entertained in the process.

My hat is off to him.

Oh yes, he knows exactly what's doing on Idol. The contestants aren't picked purely for their singing, or their looks, but to advance a certain kind of talent they want so they can sell millions of records.

He'svery good at what he does.

Sarita
02-28-2008, 07:59 PM
SM: I totally agree on your picks to go home. I think you're right on. I do like David Archuletta. His voice was spectacular. I can totally see him being Marius in Les Mis in like 5 years (if they hadn't pulled it from broadway :( ) So, yeah. I think he's more broadway than pop, but that's all good in my book.

Soccer Mom
02-28-2008, 08:27 PM
I think I'll like David A in another year or two. He's still such a baby. I can totally see him doing Broadway.

Siddow
02-28-2008, 08:59 PM
I wish they'd get this guy a stylist:

http://media.americanidol.com/photos/226/29057.jpg

Dude, you're going bald! Go with it! Get rid of the comb-forward!

RumpleTumbler
02-28-2008, 09:17 PM
lol...he sucks tooooooooo.

Soccer Mom
02-29-2008, 01:39 AM
Noooooo!

Well, no to the suckage. He rocks!

But his hair? Oh, that's bad. He needs a stylist desperately. Don't they get the makeovers at final 12?

jannawrites
02-29-2008, 06:58 AM
Noooooo!

Well, no to the suckage. He rocks!

But his hair? Oh, that's bad. He needs a stylist desperately. Don't they get the makeovers at final 12?

I said the same thing to misterwrites the other night. He needs a total makeover. I was thinking it's the top 12 who get the stylists, too.

Siddow
02-29-2008, 07:12 AM
*slaps hand over mouth for the west-coasters, but nonetheless a scream comes out*

OMG! WTF? Are you all high???

Soccer Mom
02-29-2008, 07:13 AM
******Spoiler for West Coasters************

Oh boy, are there some who could use help. Too bad Robbie won't have someone to make him shave that chin fuzz.

And I don't get saving Amanda. She really needed to go home. Maybe they want her to get the makeover? :shrug:

RumpleTumbler
02-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Hey West Coasters!

The douchebag with the wig is outta here!

Yippee! :)

small axe
02-29-2008, 07:22 AM
SPOILERS:

I was utterly shocked that the beautiful singing Alexandrea was sent home, while the totally talentless, shouting biker bimbo Amanda was allowed to stay. She cannot even carry a freekin' tune, imo. :rant:

The first didn't have a good night last time, but my gosh, it was obvious she could SING! The latter will be the one trick/one voice pony that wastes the oxygen the REAL singers deserve!

Brooke White is so good, but if she doesn't choose better songs and do something with her straight hair ... she's too white bread and vanilla to last long, imo. She has the voice, cat up her image before it's too late!

Ramiele amazes me, she is so exotic and wals so well for a tiny sized femme!

The guys: I gotta agree that JASON Y. deserved to be sent packing, but I would've whacked Danny Noriega too. If he flips his hair one time, I'm sending one of his daddy's dictator Manuel Noriega's death squads after the brat!

Michael Johns owns it, I think. But they are all very good, except this Noriega creature.

Soccer Mom
02-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Small Axe, may I just say that you're Chaostastic Titanalicious? I agree with everything you've just said. (except I loved Brooke's song choice this week).

bubbagringo
02-29-2008, 07:54 AM
I was thinking it's the top 12 who get the stylists, too.

and boy could they use it...

JennaGlatzer
02-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Bummer. I liked Robbie. Jason Y was the one with the blonde streak in his hair, right? He was like a politician campaigning for votes during his songs, smiling and pointing at inappropriate times. It was strange-- if I listened without looking, he was good, but he gave off a smarmy vibe. Too bad for the guy.

I thought Danny's Imagine was terrific. I'm not yet a wholehearted fan, though, and I can't pinpoint why. Maybe I just expect a little sex appeal in my American Idol. ;)

I like Brooke. Like Syesha. Combover guy is cool (who can resist a rocking word nerd?)-- am praying the stylist fixes him up.

Very few stinkers this year. They all have talent, just some more memorable than others.

Oh. Except biker nurse. I'm done with her. And her family. They just looked evil when Paula was trying to find something pleasant to say.

KTC
02-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Bummer. I liked Robbie. Jason Y was the one with the blonde streak in his hair, right? He was like a politician campaigning for votes during his songs, smiling and pointing at inappropriate times. It was strange-- if I listened without looking, he was good, but he gave off a smarmy vibe. Too bad for the guy.

I thought Danny's Imagine was terrific. I'm not yet a wholehearted fan, though, and I can't pinpoint why. Maybe I just expect a little sex appeal in my American Idol. ;)

I like Brooke. Like Syesha. Combover guy is cool (who can resist a rocking word nerd?)-- am praying the stylist fixes him up.

Very few stinkers this year. They all have talent, just some more memorable than others.

Oh. Except biker nurse. I'm done with her. And her family. They just looked evil when Paula was trying to find something pleasant to say.

It's David, silly. Remember his name...he's gonna live forever. Remember, remember. (-; Here's his performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpVuogzmWhg

Shady Lane
02-29-2008, 04:41 PM
I need to marry David with much haste. You all are invited.

Sarita
02-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Yay! I needed an excuse to go dancing. You'll have dancing at the wedding, yes?

I was a bit surprised that Alexandrea went home instead of Amanda, but i'm sure Amanda will be next week unless she rocks it out hardcore. And Danny was so good through auditions, I'm really disappointed that he's not doing better. Because he's really stinking up the joint.

I'm still grooving on Jason, Michael, Brooke, and Carly.

Soccer Mom
02-29-2008, 07:34 PM
I love a good wedding! Everyone gets crazy and then blames it on the alcohol. As if.

I think Amanda will go home next week. She has to. I'm over Danny N. as well. Buh-bye.

Southern_girl29
02-29-2008, 08:47 PM
I liked Amanda at first, but she sucked so bad the other night. And, man, what was going on with that hair. I disagreed with both of the girls that went home last night and was ok with the guys that went.

jannawrites
02-29-2008, 11:41 PM
I thought Danny's Imagine was terrific...

It's David, silly. Remember his name...he's gonna live forever. Remember, remember. (-; Here's his performance.

I think I've decided he's the best male vocal, especially just having listened to it again (thanks for the link, KTC). But I can hardly stand to hear his breathing during his songs! It sounds so raspy and... lispy... for lack of a better word.

Sage
03-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Kid David does have a problem with breath control. I noticed it during his audition. Beautiful voice, but no breath control. Hopefully, they work on that during the course of the show.

JennaGlatzer
03-01-2008, 02:47 AM

Oops! Thanks! I'm not secure with any of the names yet. They're all "big hair girl" and "combover guy" and "girl who sold her horse" to me so far.

My aunt has been obsessively watching it on her DVR... now that she's on vacation, I'll send her that link so she can continue obsessing away from her TV. ;)

kellytijer
03-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Kid David does have a problem with breath control. I noticed it during his audition. Beautiful voice, but no breath control. Hopefully, they work on that during the course of the show.

Damn! Now he's breath control is going to bug me.

Rocker nurse has to go. I can't stand her. And her hair is horrifying, I can't believe no one has talked her into changing it yet.

Sage
03-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Damn! Now he's breath control is going to bug me.Surprisingly, it hasn't bothered me very much since the audition. But at the audition, he really seemed to wheeze a lot.

III
03-05-2008, 01:24 AM
David Hernandez outed as a stripper (http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/theampersand/archive/2008/03/04/american-idol-contestant-david-hernandez-outed-as-stripper.aspx). We'll see if AI boots him like they did Frenchie.

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/david.jpg

Tika
03-05-2008, 01:50 AM
I LOVE American Idol! I've watched it since Season 1. Is it on tonight? Tomorrow?

Tika ;)

Southern_girl29
03-05-2008, 01:52 AM
David Hernandez outed as a stripper (http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/theampersand/archive/2008/03/04/american-idol-contestant-david-hernandez-outed-as-stripper.aspx). We'll see if AI boots him like they did Frenchie.

I just saw that on the AP wire at work. I wonder what they will do. I think to be fair they will have to oust him.

Soccer Mom
03-05-2008, 01:52 AM
Tonight is the men and tomorrow is the ladies, Tika.

Oh Jay! :( I hope they don't boot him off. I think they learned from the Frenchie experience that America wasn't happy with that decision. That's why they kept Antonella last year in spite of the photo kerfluffle.

Toothpaste
03-05-2008, 01:54 AM
It's on every night.

Well practically: tuesday, wednesday and thursday.

jannawrites
03-05-2008, 01:55 AM
Yay! It's Tuesday again! Can't wait to see what'll happen tonight. :popcorn:

III, I'm both surprised and yet not surprised to hear about David Hernandez. He does kind of have that look about him. Oh. But, of course, I know nothing about that sort of look. I'm a married woman, for goodness sake...

:D

Soccer Mom
03-05-2008, 02:05 AM
It doesn't sound like your exactly his type, Janna

Sage
03-05-2008, 05:13 AM
Kid David would do well to get an inhaler. His voice is awesome, but the gasping for breath is a big problem.

Sarita
03-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I just watched this morning. Two things:

I was shocked, I tell you SHOCKED! At David Cook. Holy shit, that was amazing! Amazing! Who knew Lionel Ritchie could sound so as rock.

And Jason Castro. Wow. I love Jeff Buckley and of course he wasn't nearly as good, but WOW. He sounded great, delicate voice, great raw tone. I loved it!

Now I'm wishing that the top 12 didn't have to be 6 girls and 6 guys. I think the guys are much stronger this year. Much stronger.

mikeland
03-05-2008, 05:40 PM
I agree completely on David Cook and Jason Castro. They were both amazing.

My wife and I had been wondering why anyone would download any of these performances on Itunes. Then, we heard Cook's version of Hello and now we understand. I may actually buy that one.

I worry a bit that Castro's voice is going to get swallowed up by the big stage, but he'll be around for a while.

So, who's going home?

Luke's in deep trouble. I can't imagine him sticking around.

But I have no idea who is number 2 to go this week.

David Archuletta's fan base is too strong. he's not going anywhere. But I do have to say if anyone else had picked that song, we'd have heard an earful from the judges about terrible song choice. I mean, really -- Another Day In Paradise by Phil Collins?!?!?!?

Michael Johns seems to be coasting on great early performances. Not sure how much longer that can last. Probably a couple more weeks at least.

That leaves Chikezie, David Hernandez and Danny Noriega.

I think Chikezie may make it through because there is no one else for the R&B lovers to back at this point.

Noriega is too much fun to lose right now. And his status as Vote for the Worst choice might give him the necessary bump.

So, I'd put my money on Hernandez leaving. Great voice, but kind of boring compared to the others. The producers would be thrilled because it would get them off the hook of having to address the whole stripper thing.

Sarita
03-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking Luke, Danny, Chikezie, and David Hernandez are in trouble. They may just fix it to boot Hernandez if the stripper thing is that big of a deal to them.

Soccer Mom
03-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Chaostastic Titanalicious:
David C totally rocked it.
Jason has such a lovely voice that I hope he sticks around a while.
Michael Johns. :heart: him.

The okay:
David Hernandez (I love his voice, but wasn't crazy about his song choice.
David A: good voice, bad song. Stop with the "issue" music kid. You're sixteen. Lighten up.
Chikeze: He's grown on me a lot.

The Rllngthunderiffic:
Danny N.: Ugh!
Luke: cute boy, tiny voice

Who do I think will go? Luke and David H. Too bad, because I think Danny should go, but judging by the squealing girls, I think he'll be around to assault my hearing for several more weeks, long after superior performers have gone.

jannawrites
03-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Luke and Chikezie are my picks for going home this week. Luke has been weak this whole time, IMHO, and last night was craptacular. I like Chikezie's personality, but his song choices and performances aren't holding up as well as some of the others'.

Can't wait for the girls tonight!

Soccer Mom
03-05-2008, 07:26 PM
The girls were weak last time. They had better bring it.

Sarita
03-05-2008, 07:27 PM
The girls were weak last time. They had better bring it.
My thoughts exactly!

jannawrites
03-05-2008, 07:31 PM
I hope the 80s theme will make a difference with the girls. I think it sure did with the boys.

Southern_girl29
03-05-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm really hoping it's Danny and Chikezie going home, but it will probably be Luke and David Hernandez. I cracked up when Danny was telling his most embarassing moment story, and he said he turned as red as a cute little tomato. LOL

NicoleMD
03-05-2008, 09:50 PM
I used to like that song until Luke sang it. :(

Nicole

mikeland
03-05-2008, 11:31 PM
The guys are definitely starting to be more interesting than the girls. I'm actually having a little trouble remembering who the girls are.

Hey, did anyone else catch Randy confusing Simple Minds with INXS last night? I'm pretty sure he told Michael Johns that he sounded like Michael Hutchense. Did I hear that right? For a group of pop music "experts," the judges sure seem a bit clueless at times. (Kind of like last year when none of them had heard of 311.)

jannawrites
03-05-2008, 11:37 PM
And Paula? She was the worst she's been in awhile last night. Anybody familiar with Fred Armisen's SNL skit during Weekend Update, where he comes out as a comedian? He's supposed to provide witty commentary on newspaper headlines, but doesn't complete a single thought...

"Did you know that..."

"You know it..."

"I really feel..."

"You should feel..."

"Feeling that way is..."

It's HILARIOUS when Fred does it. Quite sad when Paula does it, and not as an act, on live television.

MonaLeigh
03-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Luke and Chikezie are my picks for going home this week. Luke has been weak this whole time, IMHO, and last night was craptacular. I like Chikezie's personality, but his song choices and performances aren't holding up as well as some of the others'.

Can't wait for the girls tonight!
Ditto. :)

Soccer Mom
03-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Confession, I always TIVO and watch later. I listen to Randy and I listen to Simon. I mostly hit the fast-forward button through Paula. She makes no sense to me.

And there are so many great 80's songs for women if they will just lay off Celine and Whitney. Why do these newbs always want to try and be Celine? They never are. Don't even try. Even the ones with big voices don't have those kinds of chops.

III
03-06-2008, 12:14 AM
And Paula? She was the worst she's been in awhile last night.
It's HILARIOUS when Fred does it. Quite sad when Paula does it, and not as an act, on live television.

I totally agree with you Janna. That's actually the only reason I'm watching AI now. Paula can't put together a single coherent sentence. They could put Tinkie Winkie up there in her place and have the exact same commentary. Did you see the ending when she stood up to leave and Ryan asked her a question, she practically fell down trying to sit back down and she could barely open her eyes and she blurted out "Two words! Fuh-nommmunnul!" and Ryan just stood there with a deer in the headlights look like "we need to get her into rehab NOW!" and Simon was obviously just disgusted with her. The real question is, will she make it through the season and will Simon walk off?

And as much as he creeps me out, David Cook has the strongest voice (with the possible exception of Archuletta). I would actually buy one of his records.

Going home tomorrow night: The Stripper and Orlando Bloom.

Siddow
03-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Did you guys see this?

Edit: nevermind, it didn't have the part where danny said he hopes Santa Claus rapes your mother. Shucks. I didn't want to play it because the kids are closeby.

III
03-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Did you guys see this?

Edit: nevermind, it didn't have the part where danny said he hopes Santa Claus rapes your mother. Shucks. I didn't want to play it because the kids are closeby.

I had heard about that video but hadn't seen it. Shocking. Danny seemed so classy and mature. :D

Siddow
03-06-2008, 12:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-LVm9j92Sc

Ah, here it is!

Toothpaste
03-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Have you guys read any of the comments under that video? Some pretty disgusting homophobic racist stuff there. It's weird, even though I know people like that exist in the world, I'm always surprised when I read stuff like that.

Soccer Mom
03-06-2008, 12:40 AM
I'm guessing this is not work safe and I should wait until tonight to view and read.

Kerr
03-06-2008, 04:48 AM
http://media.americanidol.com/photos/232/29622.jpg

Ready, set, here comes the girls! I predict it'll come down to the Irish girl and David Archuletta.

mikeland
03-06-2008, 05:01 AM
Sigh. I fear you may be right, Kerr. If the producers had their way, they'd put those two in the finals right now.

I'll go on record as saying I'll be annoyed if that's what happens. I don't really like either of them much.

KTC
03-06-2008, 05:10 AM
Jason Castro is #2 for me now. That Cohen song...he killed it. Amazing! My all-time favourite song. He did great.

RumpleTumbler
03-06-2008, 06:01 AM
Carly and Brooke kind of laid waste to most everyone tonight.

MonaLeigh
03-06-2008, 06:02 AM
Amanda was much better tonight.

jannawrites
03-06-2008, 06:53 AM
Carly and Brooke kind of laid waste to most everyone tonight.

I agree! They're my top two girl picks, though I really liked Syesha tonight, too.

Amanda was much better tonight.

She was, but there's something so... disconnected about her. Do you know what I mean? I noticed this week and last, especially, she just seems distracted while singing. Kind of staring off into funny places. *shrugs* I know I'm overly critical.

Paula seemed a little more with it tonight. And, can I just say? Randy should be commended. I think he does such a good job with her (whereas Simon, being Simon, makes fun of her openly). He's so smooth and unaffected, as if to buffer her social blunders. I dig him.

jannawrites
03-06-2008, 06:57 AM
... The real question is, will she make it through the season and will Simon walk off?...

Do you think they'd get rid of her? What would it have to come down to?

small axe
03-06-2008, 09:56 AM
To me, this is the first time I felt Brooke White had a song that really showed her great ability -- I've liked her always but always feared she came on just a little too subtle and subdued, song choice-wise.

And then what do the judges do? They leave her standing up there while they riff and bicker about who did the freaking choreography in the Pat Benatar video? Which, if you watch it, you think What Is this Idiotic Dancing?

And they're eating up Brooke's screen time, when they should be helping the TV audience understand how amazing her song was!

C'mon, I know the Judges' feuding is part of the show ... but it's uncool and unfair to let it de-rail a contestant's chances and future!

And at the end, Simon has to say how Amanda was the best one singing tonight?! PLEASE! She did "better" -- she found the right song -- but she's STILL this one note one trick pony who'll stay in the same pointless dead-end rut!

Praise her this week, and all it does is get some better singer tossed off NOW ... without having a real chance to explore and grow. And we all know (well, it's my opinion, at least) that soon Amanda's going to get tossed off anyway, after doing another of the same acts next time!

I wonder what ALEXANDREA might have done, with another week, one more shot, etc? Because I know exactly how Amanda will sound, every week from now on, until she's ejected.

JennaGlatzer
03-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Okay, I declare a favorite: it's David Cook for me. :) I even think his combover looked better this week...

I missed Brooke's performance last night, though-- have to watch it later on DVR. I like her.

I have no clue why they kept Paula or Randy after the first season. To me, they're both utterly useless and could be replaced by mashed potatoes, which are at least delicious.

I could be a great AI judge. Swear. I'd be the articulate Paula.

Very much hoping to say goodbye to Amanda this week. No one else I actively dread seeing, but the girls didn't impress me in general. Hoping for Syesha to do something great. And I like Carly better if I don't look at the screen. Her faces make me always think she's straining way too hard. It looks painful.

Soccer Mom
03-06-2008, 06:26 PM
My take on last night...

Chaostastic Titanalicious:
Brooke: she was amazing. I loved what she did with the song. It was fresh and orginal and completely worked. I adore her.
Asia with the unnecessary 'h': Great energy and a fun performance. I really enjoyed her (even if she did tackle Whitney).

Okay:
Carly: Great voice but the song did nothing for me
Amanda: better than last week, but the girl still mumbles. THEY'RE CALLED LYRICS! SING THEM!
Syesha: Beautiful girl, great voice, enough with the secret lover songs.
Ramiele: Please sing something other than a ballad. Be young and fun.
Kristy: I just had to add her in. She wasn't bad. In fact, I quite enjoyed her. But I forgot her when making this post. Isn't she the one Simon called forgettable? Yeah. Too bad.

Rllngthunderific:
Kady: Time for her to go. She doesn't belong. It was bad.

Who should go? Kady and Amanda. Who will go? Kady and Amanda.

Sarita
03-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Last night, I heard my absolute favorite song of all time. Ever. And I didn't like it. I'll let you wonder. :)

Brooke and Carly did great. I still cannot stand Kady. She's driving me crazy.

mikeland
03-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Last night, I heard my absolute favorite song of all time. Ever. And I didn't like it. I'll let you wonder. :)

You're really not gonna tell us. I'm way too obsessive and anal to handle a teaser like that. So, with absolutely no basis, I'm just going to assume it is the Joan Jett song. Yes, that is a template for how I cope with life.

I have to say that I don't remember any of the performances from last night except Brooke and Amanda. Brooke was great -- I hope she sticks around for a long time. I only remember Amanda's performance because I spent the entire time hoping she goes home this week. Seriously though, this morning I don't know what anyone else sang. I think it's the boys' year.

Soccer Mom
03-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Oh yeah, the girls are weak this year (except Brooke and Carly).

Sarita
03-06-2008, 07:06 PM
You're really not gonna tell us. I'm way too obsessive and anal to handle a teaser like that. So, with absolutely no basis, I'm just going to assume it is the Joan Jett song. Yes, that is a template for how I cope with life. Ok, I can't leave you hanging. Against All Odds, but only when Phil Collins sings it.

jannawrites
03-06-2008, 07:07 PM
I LOVE Phil Collins. I was pleased to see he had two songs this week.

kellytijer
03-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Okay, I declare a favorite: it's David Cook for me. :) I even think his combover looked better this week...

David Cook's my new fave too. If he can just keep doing what he did 80's night.

I'd buy his cd, loved him!

jannawrites
03-06-2008, 08:41 PM
I've been playing Barbies with my daughters this morning. My five-year-old handed me one with blondish hair and said, "Here's yours, Mommy. She's the girl from American Idol." (We watch the show together fairly religiously.) I began to ponder who she meant the Barbie to be - Kady? Kristy Lee? - when Emma added, "She's the judge girl." Doh! Now we're pretending to be Paula!

III
03-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Do you think they'd get rid of her? What would it have to come down to?

They probably wouldn't ever get rid of her, but I can see them having a guest judge for a while if she ends up checking herself into rehab, which would be the best for everyone involved.

Voyager
03-06-2008, 09:14 PM
I didn't really care about any of them, except girl who lost her dad (beautiful voice and it was gut wrenching when she sang How Do I Live) until Jason Castro did Hallelujah. No one can do it like Cohen, but until the end, Castro did a damn good job, hauntingly beautiful rendition.

jannawrites
03-06-2008, 09:20 PM
They probably wouldn't ever get rid of her, but I can see them having a guest judge for a while if she ends up checking herself into rehab, which would be the best for everyone involved.

Yeah, that sounds like the best way to handle it. Hmm. I'll be interested to watch the rest of the season and see how it unfolds.

Sage
03-07-2008, 05:18 AM
At the risk of being completely alienated in this thread... am I the only one in the world who doesn't love Michael Johns? I mean, cool guy, great speaking voice, love to look at him, but he just yelled through that song the other night.....

RumpleTumbler
03-07-2008, 05:30 AM
What's weird in these eliminations is it's like "You suck and so give us one more song, everybody in America wants you off the show. Sing another one daaaaling."

lol.....it's just bizarre.

Sage
03-07-2008, 05:34 AM
What's really odd about it is that they do the last song. You know, the one that America didn't like the performance enough to vote for. And that was when the person was on, not when they're trying to hold back their tears 'cuz they just got "voted off." Why not choose the best song you did?

From a "being nice to the contestants" perspective, I can understand letting them have that one last performance. And I can understand that that's the song they most recently practiced, but couldn't they prepare for the option and let the band know which song they would sing if they were sent off?

Soccer Mom
03-07-2008, 06:21 AM
Okay, they guy eliminations were dead on. The girls? I agree with Kady. But WTF is Amanda still on my screen? Blech.

Autodidact
03-07-2008, 08:14 AM
Yahoo, another season of AI! I'm glad to see that some other denizens of AW have an American Idol problem like me.

Looks like a good season. No clunkers. I'm favoring David Archuleta and Brooke. Also Carly. It's fun that Amanda is there but she won't win. I'm sad that the cute little gay boy went home. Not sure about Jason Dreadlock.

Favorite AIs of the past: Fantasia Burino all time favorite. Jennifer Hudson. Kimberly Locke.

See you all at the bitter end.

kellytijer
03-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Okay, they guy eliminations were dead on. The girls? I agree with Kady. But WTF is Amanda still on my screen? Blech.

I agree, can't stand Amanda. I did enjoy watching Danny Noriega, he was so......just interesting. But I agreed that he should have gone.

III
03-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Say what you will about angry young man Danny Noriega and his "Santa raping your mother" agenda, but that boy has some full, lustrous, healthy hair.

Autodidact
03-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Say what you will about angry young man Danny Noriega and his "Santa raping your mother" agenda, but that boy has some full, lustrous, healthy hair.

Oh no, he said, "Hair." Now we have to talk about Sanjaya.

Voyager
03-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Oh no, he said, "Hair." Now we have to talk about Sanjaya.

At least Sanjina wasn't tossing it all the time. Noriega reminded me of Kat Williams talking about his luxurious perm.

jannawrites
03-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Say what you will about angry young man Danny Noriega and his "Santa raping your mother" agenda...

Boy sure could pout, couldn't he?

III
03-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Boy sure could pout, couldn't he?

I still think he's related to Angelina Jolie

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/danny.jpg
http://www.poster.net/jolie-angelina/jolie-angelina-portrait-6500224.jpg

kellytijer
03-07-2008, 11:49 PM
I found myself being jealous of Danny's looks. His perfect hair and skin and whatnot.

jannawrites
03-07-2008, 11:51 PM
He definitely had it all better than me!

Soccer Mom
03-08-2008, 12:03 AM
Eyes. The boy had some gorgeous eyes and he could work the look for sure. I confess to enjoying his antics a bit, but he didn't deserve to take one of the final six guy spots. Although if we could have booted Amanda and slipped him in as a ringer, I wouldn't mind it a bit.

NicoleMD
03-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Eyes. The boy had some gorgeous eyes and he could work the look for sure. I confess to enjoying his antics a bit, but he didn't deserve to take one of the final six guy spots. Although if we could have booted Amanda and slipped him in as a ringer, I wouldn't mind it a bit.

My thoughts exactly!

Nicole

III
03-08-2008, 12:11 AM
And Jason Castro is a young John Travolta

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/jason_c.jpg

http://doc.rmf.pl/media/img_muzyka/wykonawca/0/645.jpg

jannawrites
03-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Do more, III, do more!

III
03-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Although if we could have booted Amanda and slipped him in as a ringer, I wouldn't mind it a bit.

I'm still hoping they get down to the final two and one of them has a lung collapse and they need to bring in ... homeless carboy fake accentboy.

Soccer Mom
03-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Got any Amanda photos next to Madeline Kahn in Young Frankenstein? Cause that's who she reminds me of.

jannawrites
03-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Oy! My husband LOVES Josiah. He's been listening to his MySpace music for days. Which there's nothing wrong with, but I'm tired of hearing him.

III
03-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Do more, III, do more!

Okay, here goes my afternoon . . .

Garrett Haley Before and After American Idol ...

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/garret.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e0/Gollum.PNG

III
03-08-2008, 12:19 AM
He's been listening to his MySpace music for days. Which there's nothing wrong with,

Can I just stop ya there . . .

III
03-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Amanda Overmyer sings "Clang Clang Clang went the Trolley" as the third Sweeney Sister

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/ArtAndPhoto-Fronts/ENTERTAINMENT/080227/g-ent-080227-american-idol-643p.widec.jpg

http://img.snlarc.jt.org/arc/char/NoDu-Liz%20Sweeney.jpg

III
03-08-2008, 12:25 AM
Brooke White and Carly Simon

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/brooke.jpg

http://photos.contactmusic.com/m/charlie_wilson_war_5_171207/carly_simon_1702809.jpg

III
03-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Luke Menard and Orlando Bloom

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/luke.jpg
http://dogs.thefuntimesguide.com/images/blogs/orlando-bloom-dog.jpg

III
03-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Robbie Carrico and Joe Dirt

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/robbie.jpg
http://www.styleburns.com/joedirt.jpg

III
03-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Chikezie and Ice Cube

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/chikezzee.jpg

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/151/43685~Ice-Cube-Posters.jpg

kellytijer
03-08-2008, 12:34 AM
man III, I want you to do me next...

jannawrites
03-08-2008, 12:35 AM
I'm worried. You're too good at this, III.

III
03-08-2008, 12:35 AM
Carly Smithson and Janeane Garofalo

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/carly.jpg

http://www.satyamag.com/sat.site.images/garofalo_may03.jpg

Soccer Mom
03-08-2008, 12:36 AM
Amanda Overmyer sings "Clang Clang Clang went the Trolley" as the third Sweeney Sister

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/ArtAndPhoto-Fronts/ENTERTAINMENT/080227/g-ent-080227-american-idol-643p.widec.jpg

http://img.snlarc.jt.org/arc/char/NoDu-Liz%20Sweeney.jpg

I think THIS (http://www.madeline-kahn.com/Captures/yfdvd069.jpg) is who she looks like.

http://www.madeline-kahn.com/Captures/yfdvd069.jpg

III
03-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Ohhhh. Good one SoccerMom!

III
03-08-2008, 12:40 AM
David Hernandez and Jon Cryer

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Profiles/20061007/244.cryer.jon.100606.jpg

III
03-08-2008, 12:43 AM
David Cooke and Wayne Campbell

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/david_c.jpg

http://homepage.floodcity.net/users/holquist/km.jpg

Sarita
03-08-2008, 12:44 AM
My friend Hannah and I were talking about Luke Menard the other night. He looks like a million people, each from a different angle. We came up with Orlando Bloom, Luke Perry, Jason Priestly, McDreamy (Patrick Dempsey) and Hugh Jackman. LOL. And while all those men are at least attractive, I don't think he is. Weird.

III
03-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Alaina Whitaker and Christine Taylor (as Marcia Brady)

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/alaina.jpg

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/1144403.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939057D9939C83F106E1C1D32F8E36C444 5A5397277B4DC33E

III
03-08-2008, 12:48 AM
Joanne Borgella and Star Jones

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/jo-anne.jpg

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20061018/244.jones.star.101806.jpg

Stew21
03-08-2008, 12:48 AM
My friend Hannah and I were talking about Luke Menard the other night. He looks like a million people, each from a different angle. We came up with Orlando Bloom, Luke Perry, Jason Priestly, McDreamy (Patrick Dempsey) and Hugh Jackman. LOL. And while all those men are at least attractive, I don't think he is. Weird.

I thought he looked like Orlando and Luke Perry - but I do think he is attractive.

III
03-08-2008, 12:54 AM
David Archuleta as a young Derrick Zoolander

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/david_a.jpg

http://graysmatter.codivation.com/content/binary/zoolander_face.jpg

III
03-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Okay, that's all I've got for now. Won't do Colton as Ellen since he pre-empted that strike.

jannawrites
03-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Well done, III. Take a bow!

III
03-08-2008, 01:01 AM
Paula just PM'ed me and said I'm a bright, shining star and she loves my purple aura and she guarantees I'll go on to be a big star, shining bright and purple and spreading the music and painting the doorknob and I'm just great.

Stew21
03-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Paula just PM'ed me and said I'm a bright, shining star and she loves my purple aura and she guarantees I'll go on to be a big star, shining bright and purple and spreading the music and painting the doorknob and I'm just great.

except for the pitchy parts in the middle.

:splayed-finger palm clap:

III
03-08-2008, 01:04 AM
except for the pitchy parts in the middle.

:splayed-finger palm clap:

BOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!

dolores haze
03-08-2008, 01:08 AM

Yeah, but what did Simon say?

Stew21
03-08-2008, 01:08 AM

A bit cabaret for his taste.

Randy said, "that was hawt, dawg."

III
03-08-2008, 01:10 AM

He rolled his eyes and said "Okay, listen, it started off shaky with the Angelina picture, you totally missed the mark with the Sweeny Sisters, maybe you recovered a little with the Joe Dirt picture, but after a while it was like 'which SNL character is he going to trot out next?' It was predictible and it was the same sort of thing I'd expect to see on any cruise ship blog."

dolores haze
03-08-2008, 01:12 AM
He rolled his eyes and said "Okay, listen, it started off shaky with the Angelina picture, you totally missed the mark with the Sweeny Sisters, maybe you recovered a little with the Joe Dirt picture, but after a while it was like 'which SNL character is he going to trot out next?' It was predictible and it was the same sort of thing I'd expect to see on any cruise ship blog."

He also said you were fat. Sorry. That's what he said. I know you're big boned, but Simon is such a bitch.

jannawrites
03-08-2008, 01:13 AM
But he wasn't trying to be rude.

III
03-08-2008, 01:16 AM
He also said you were fat. Sorry. That's what he said. I know you're big boned, but Simon is such a bitch.

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Theater/5003/imnotfat.wav

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Theater/5003/bigbon1.wav

Soccer Mom
03-08-2008, 01:32 AM
Jay before he discovered eating healthy at Subway...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-pictures-orange-jabba-cat.jpg

Esopha
03-08-2008, 04:23 AM
Hmm.

I like Amanda.

Everyone else has voices I've heard before -- they're all the American Idol sound, and I love that someone with a different voice has made it through.

She's not a one-trick pony, she's singing a different genre of music than everyone else.

I'd buy her records. I love her Janis-inspired sound.

Sage
03-08-2008, 04:31 AM
Amanda definitely has a different voice from everyone else, and that's refreshing. I think she's good, but I don't think she's the best of the group.

Autodidact
03-08-2008, 09:08 AM
I want to try.

Kimberly Locke

http://www.michronicleonline.com/articlelive/content_images/Kimberley-Locke-large.jpg
and Janet Jackson?
http://www.top-10.us/uploaded_images/janet_jackson-728946.jpg

JennaGlatzer
03-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Not bad, not bad!

I have to say I was disappointed with Jason's Hallelujah. It recently became one of my favorite songs, too, and to me, his version just lacked emotion.

Also, I had a dream that David Cook was my taxi driver. I was in the taxi with my mom and my brother, and I was trying to tell David that I loved him on AI. However, he was rudely talking to friends on his cell phone the whole time he drove. But he gave me his business card, so the next day, I called him. And we talked for a few minutes before I realized I never identified myself.

So I said, "Oh! By the way, I'm Jenna, the one who was in your taxi yesterday." And then he got all quiet and weird, because I guess he thought he had been talking to someone else all along. And I tried to make small talk, but I knew he was thinking, "Get off my phone, stalker lady."

This is often how my dreams go. People are always blowing me off in my dreams.

bluntforcetrauma
03-08-2008, 02:30 PM
People are always blowing me off in my dreams.

Me, too. :D

III
03-08-2008, 08:47 PM
I have to say I was disappointed with Jason's Hallelujah.

You're the first person I've met who agreed with me on that, Jenna. I thought the song was way too big for his voice and it swallowed him up, but apparently everyone else loved it. I would have loved to have heard David Cook sing it.

Autodidact
03-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Anyone game to make a prediction?

Sage
03-08-2008, 11:46 PM
I really like Jason, but I was underwhelmed by his Hallelujah. But I don't think I know the original at all, so I had nothing to compare to.

Soccer Mom
03-09-2008, 12:17 AM
Final 2: battle of the Davids: Cook vs. Archuleta.

ETA: This is my prediction of what WILL happen. Not what I WANT to happen.

Autodidact
03-10-2008, 08:33 PM
The thread chiller: ask for a prediction. I'm going to put David A., Brooke and Syeesha (sp?) in the top 5.

Sarita
03-10-2008, 08:39 PM
My top 4: The Davids, Carly and Brooke.

jannawrites
03-10-2008, 08:48 PM

Really? I totally agree with Sara as for the top 4. But I can't quite yet get it narrowed down to two in my mind. I guess I'd say Archuletta and either Carly or Brooke. My personal vote would be Brooke.

Autodidact
03-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Oh yeah, and Carly.

III
03-10-2008, 09:54 PM

Yep, I'll agree with SM.

mikeland
03-10-2008, 10:49 PM
I'll give you some predictions. Keep in mind my wife doesn't let me gamble based on the (in)consistency of my past attempts as an oracle.

But here goes:

Beatles night will be a letdown as it dawns on the viewers that they only have clearance for the early songs. It will feel like '50s night on AI.

Jason Castro and Brooke will get swallowed up by the big stage and the band. It will take them a couple of weeks to figure out how to not sound small. I will be very sad to lose them, but I'm not sure either will figure out how to translate their uniqueness to the bigger venue in time to survive.

The girls will initially suffer when up against the boys. A girl will be voted off each of the next two weeks. Bye bye Kristy Lee and Amanda.

David Hernandez is the sleeper in the bunch. He's gonna start belting out with the best of them. And in the next couple of weeks he'll rock out on a crowd pleaser that allows him to dance. Using that stripper training, he'll show America that he is the only finalist who actually knows how to move on stage.

David Archuletta will not win. This happens every year with the 16-17 year old guy contestant. He goes much further than he should because he reminds everyone of a puppy dog and no one wants to crush the dreams of a puppy dog. But at some point, people realize he's not as good as they were led to believe and then there is a train-crash backlash and lots of wounded looks and it is all much more painful that it needed to be. (See Sanjaya, Kevin Covais, Sinatra-mimic red-head boy, etc.) Granted, Archuletta has better pipes, but he's gonna crash and burn on an up tempo song sometime in the next couple of weeks and the knives will come out. There will be a lot of unfortunate jokes about needing an inhaler.

People will get sick of Ramiele crying whenever anyone gets booted and just boot her instead.

Carly and Michael Johns will both realize that they want to win and to do that they need to stop phoning in their performances. Once they stop looking bored and self-entitled, their pipes will carry them into the final 5.

Watch out for Syesha and Chikezie. There is usually a lot more competition in the top 12 for the R&B vote. Not this year. One or two knockout performances and you could see one of these two in the finals. The other one will get knocked out in the next few weeks.

David Cook rocks. He'll come in fourth, form a band and sell more albums than the rest combined. In 20 years, he and Daughtry will team up for a Idol Rockers tour and we'll all pay $200 a ticket to see them.

Who's in the finals? It'll be boy-girl. Either Syesha and Johns or Carly and Chikezie. David Hernandez comes in third.

There you go. You can bet on it. Though my wife might advise against that.

RumpleTumbler
03-10-2008, 10:54 PM
David Hernandez is the sleeper in the bunch. He's gonna start belting out with the best of them. And in the next couple of weeks he'll rock out on a crowd pleaser that allows him to dance. Using that stripper training, he'll show America that he is the only finalist who actually knows how to move on stage.

Man...that was gross. :roll: I had to stifle some vomit on that one.

If you can tell the future can I have a reading please?

mikeland
03-10-2008, 11:02 PM
If you can tell the future can I have a reading please?

RumpleTumbler,

Tomorrow you will experience a sustained period of light followed by a nearly equal period of darkness. There will be either rain or a lack of rain, depending on where you live. Someone during the day will likely talk to you or someone you know.

You can thank me later. The first one is free.

RumpleTumbler
03-10-2008, 11:11 PM
RumpleTumbler,

Tomorrow you will experience a sustained period of light followed by a nearly equal period of darkness. There will be either rain or a lack of rain, depending on where you live. Someone during the day will likely talk to you or someone you know.

You can thank me later. The first one is free.

lol......oracle......smoracle! :e2tongue:

What about love, fame, fortune, health, all the good stuff?

I'm getting too old to just be starting on the basics. :)

mikeland
03-10-2008, 11:23 PM
lol......oracle......smoracle! :e2tongue:

What about love, fame, fortune, health, all the good stuff?

I'm getting too old to just be starting on the basics. :)

Your winning lottery numbers are: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42. Powerball: 7

Serena Casey
03-11-2008, 04:57 AM
Darn it, I have missed out on another good thread by not checking AW obsessively like I used to.

Well, here's my prediction for the top two: David Cook and David Archuleta (in other words, I agree with Soccer Mom)

Who I would like to see in the top two, though, are Brooke White and Jason Castro. They're more my style.

Sage
03-12-2008, 04:07 AM
This is my first time watching AI while it's in HD, I think (I got HD only a few months ago). The rest of the season hasn't been, has it? 'Cuz today just looks shinier.

TheChuck
03-12-2008, 04:26 AM
Chikezie just put on the performance on the season so far, imo.

MonaLeigh
03-12-2008, 04:40 AM
I feel like Michael Johns looks the most comfortable on stage.

TheChuck
03-12-2008, 05:04 AM
Oh ya, he and the stage are close.

MonaLeigh
03-12-2008, 05:06 AM
Oh ya, he and the stage are close.
I wish I were the stage:Hug2:

TheChuck
03-12-2008, 05:45 AM
I just bet ;)

RumpleTumbler
03-12-2008, 05:59 AM
Well......

As painful as it is to say, Chikezie did very well tonight, one of the best.

Carly was very good, the best tonight I think.

Brooke was good.

Everybody else wasted everyone in America's time.

David "dungheap" Archeleta forgot the words was it twice or three times? :roll:

Soccer Mom
03-12-2008, 07:26 AM
The Chaostastic Titanalicious (rully good):

Brooke: brilliant. She totally "gets" whatever she's singing. A real emotional connection.

David C: Finally we have an authentic rocker.

Michael Johns: He could cut an album today. Love him.

Chikieze: He was awesome this week. I thouroughly enjoyed him.

Carly: She was brilliant this week. I love her when she rocks out.

The Okey-dokey:

Jason: Well, he wasn't bad. I'd just have to put him as okay.

Syesha: Meh. Good voice, but she has no clue what makes a song work.

Ramiele: Sleepywalking through the song. She has a big voice, but no emotional connection to what she's singing.

The RllngThunderiffic (rully bad)

Amanda: Sorry. I know she has her fans, but I couldn't understand a word she sang.

Kristy: Weird arrangment.

David A: forgot words. Off key. He looked so nervous and uncomfortable.

David H: I love his voice, but he laid an egg here.

Who should go: Kristy or Amanda.
Who will go: David H.

small axe
03-12-2008, 07:31 AM
Chikezie just put on the performance on the season so far, imo.

Totally the best performance of the entire season!

Chikezie totally wailed and rocked it!

I had only a momentary angst at the beginning, fearful that it would be ... that it would fall into some sort of cheezy "negro barge song" a la Paul Robeson (and I don't mean that insultingly, okay? Anyone who's ever seen EMPEROR JONES can share my angst: a great African-American TALENT being sadly cookie cuttered into an embarrassing schtick)

My angst lasted, maybe ... three notes? And then I thought: cool, the Blues ... and then when he spun it into that amazing Blues-Rock uptempo I was ... This just became AMAZING!

Amazing.

Usually I vote only for Brooke White, though I admire several of them (Ramielle, Michael Johns). I've always liked Chikezie until tonight ... but tonight I voted for Brooke White, first ring ... and then I stayed on dialing busy signal after busy signal after busy signal --- because I had to vote my vote for CHIKESIE too! :hooray:

That one totally awed me!

Serena Casey
03-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Chikezie totally wailed and rocked it!
Good for him! He really did turn it up a notch, didn't he?

I liked (no surprise here) Brooke and Jason the best tonight. They were the most true to the Beatles while still giving it their own flavor.

I also thought Michael Johns and Carly Smithson did really well. I think Kristy has twanged her last twang, though.

JennaGlatzer
03-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Who should go: Kristy or Amanda.
Who will go: David H.

I'm worried about exactly that. Not that I love David H., but he's good and deserves to stay. I worry he doesn't really have his own fan base, though. Amanda and Kristy do strictly because of their genres.

mmurphy
03-12-2008, 04:46 PM
I also thought Michael Johns and Carly Smithson did really well. I think Kristy has twanged her last twang, though.

Kristy was absolutely horrific.

mikeland
03-12-2008, 04:55 PM
I think it'll be Kristy going home. She hasn't been good for a couple of weeks and the judges have been letting her know. And while others were bad last night, she was the only truly horrible, no doubt about it, unexplainable disaster. Didn't the band realize how bad they sounded with that hillibilly-on-speed arrangement? Doesn't she have coaches to tell her that just sucks? The sad part is that if she had given the song a slowed down country treatment it probably would have worked beautifully. I'll be shocked if anyone but her gets the boot.

Soccer Mom
03-12-2008, 05:34 PM
I agree that she is the weakest and deserves to go, but I think David H will for the reasons Jenna articulated. He doesn't have the fan base built up yet, which is a shame becaused I think he's very talented.

Autodidact
03-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Damn, my TiVo misfired. Tell me everything. What did they sing, and how did they work it?

Soccer Mom
03-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Damn, my TiVo misfired. Tell me everything. What did they sing, and how did they work it?

Here is a site (http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/american-idol-top-12-seventh-season-finalists-take-stage-and-perform-6704.php)that summarizes the performances, singer by singer. Enjoy.

KTC
03-12-2008, 08:40 PM
I went to a Leafs game last night. Missed the show. How'd they do? Quick recap?

KTC
03-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Forget it. Just checked upthread. You guys have already recapped. Thanks. (-;

KTC
03-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Quick question, though. You say David C. finally an authentic rocker. What did he do? He's my favoured to win.

Soccer Mom
03-12-2008, 08:56 PM
He did an awesome, indie rock style version of Eleanor Rigby. He was very good and Simon told him that he had a shot to win the thing.

KTC
03-12-2008, 08:57 PM
He did an awesome, indie rock style version of Eleanor Rigby. He was very good and Simon told him that he had a shot to win the thing.

See...I said he would win. I am off to youtube to find it. That sounds AWESOME!

Stew21
03-12-2008, 08:59 PM
go to idolonfox.com - they have videos and will show you all of the performances - just click on the ones you want to see.
I'm going to do that while I have lunch. I want to see a couple of them again.

James81
03-12-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm rooting for the David Archelletta guy (sp?).

He didn't do too great last night though.

Autodidact
03-12-2008, 10:10 PM
THANK YOU!

KTC
03-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Oops. I got my David's mixed up. I'm rooting for A, not C. I hope his forgotten lyrics will be forgiven.

III
03-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Personal peeve - it bugs me that David Archuletta always acts so surprised when the judges like him. The kid already won Star Search (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ8uLFOwmtY), he knows he's good. The whole "oh my gosh, I can't believe you actually liked my performance!" thing is just getting annoying.

Go Wayne Campbell / David Cook.

KTC
03-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Personal peeve - it bugs me that David Archuletta always acts so surprised when the judges like him. The kid already won Star Search (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ8uLFOwmtY), he knows he's good. The whole "oh my gosh, I can't believe you actually liked my performance!" thing is just getting annoying.

Go Wayne Campbell / David Cook.

Oh settle down, Johnny. The boy is, what, 15. Besides...I use that schtick too. It's, in my own eyes, endearing. (-;

RumpleTumbler
03-12-2008, 10:42 PM

Garrrrrsh! Duuuuuhhhhhhhh! HuuuuhhhHuuhhhh! Gaaaaaaaaawwwww!

*blush*

KTC
03-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Garrrrrsh! Duuuuuhhhhhhhh! HuuuuhhhHuuhhhh! Gaaaaaaaaawwwww!

*blush*

Don't knock it until you've tried it. (-;

III
03-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Besides...I use that schtick too.

In bed?

KTC
03-12-2008, 11:00 PM
In bed?

Your Johnny persona is showing.

Autodidact
03-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Wow, that was great. I give it to Brooke. Also Carly.

cray
03-12-2008, 11:06 PM
i don't watch american idol.

i thought that cook fella was pretty good.
and that 8 days a week gal made me ill.
blondie at the piano was ok.

and geez, i can't believe that david other guy forgot his lyrics.
chickeasy was awesome. loved it.
stripper man, gotta go.
i give the night to cook comb-over