PDA

View Full Version : Author House Guy On TV

bluntforcetrauma
02-20-2008, 01:32 AM
I was watching Fox 59 news this morning and some guy from Author House was on. Not once did they say they were a POD house. He represented his company as a 'publisher'.

I would think if you were a reputable business you would have people coming to you. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed a bit misleading.

OK, rant over.:Soapbox:

Maryn
02-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Hey, it's Fox. I expect no better.

If this was national feed, I expect they'll come to regret it, as hordes or self-published authors, with burning brands and pitchforks, storm the station demanding airtime.

Maryn, no fan of Fox

Shadow_Ferret
02-20-2008, 07:09 PM
I'd be curious to know the context. Was he on because he's local? Might just have been a human interest type story. Local guy makes good sort of thing.

I'm not as quick to condemn it simply because it's Fox.

bluntforcetrauma
02-21-2008, 01:57 AM
I'd be curious to know the context. Was he on because he's local? Might just have been a human interest type story. Local guy makes good sort of thing.

I'm not as quick to condemn it simply because it's Fox.

No. He was the president of AH or something. I think he's touring around trying to get folks to 'pitch' their stories to AH. Gave terrible advice on writing- I thought anyway. There were some filmclips of suppposed AH editors hard at work. Looked more like cubicles of telemarketers.

I love our local Fox news station, but they didn't do any checking for this story.