Worst Night Ever

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
This has been the worst night ever. I was in my room, minding my own business, my music as loud as my speakers would handle, when all of a sudden I felt as if someone was calling my name but I couldn't hear them over the sound of my music. So I turned the music off and after a few seconds I heard my mom trying to yell out my name.

I rushed down to see what was wrong (it was already 11.30 pm or so) and saw her sitting in a chair. When I turned on the light, I saw she was all pale and shaky and didn't look good at all. So I helped her into the car and rushed her to the hospital. My dad was at a dinner, so I had to drive her by myself in the rain. I don't ever, ever want to see my mom half-fainted on a wheelchair again. It's got to be one of the most horrible experiences, all I could do was hold her hand and whisper "It's okay, it's all right, we're at the hospital and the meds will get you fixed up before you even know it" while she writhed and winced in pain. And all I wanted to do was yell WHY THE /#&$& ARE THE MEDS NOT WORKING? WHY IS SHE STILL IN PAIN?

And then my dad came to the hospital and he was a wreck, he couldn't even find his voice because he was so scared so I just told him everything was all right and maybe he should sit down. Mom throws up and it's horrible, my dad goes all pale and starts shaking while the nurse and I hold my mom up, and I start rubbing her back like she did to me when I was little, and all I could do was wait till it was over while my dad looked on, terrified. Afterwards, I sent him back home because he looked awful and was so worried he wasn't really going to be of much help. The painkillers kick in after a while and she became a little more comfortable, so then they took her off to do some tests or something.

So here I am, at the hospital, I even brought my laptop because I've got a shitload of homework but you know what? That's not even important right now, all I want is mom to be okay, I want this to be just something she ate or I don't know, nothing really grave, I want to be home, it's already 1.30 am and I need to sleep, but if mom has to stay at the hospital I'll have to go to the house and take care of my brother and my father.

Any prayers are welcome, please, I'm really scared and I'm kind of alone with all of this. Thanks for listening to me.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Big :eek: Phone your family and friends! Doesn't matter what time it is! They'll be upset if you don't share the load with them.

-Derek

Jo

Travelling the re-write road
Registered
Reaction score
Big :Hug2:, Dama. Sending best wishes as fast as they'll travel. I'd also send matches for those eyelids, but I reckon they'd take too long to get there. Eat something if you can, just to keep your strength up for now. And keep hydrated.

Hugs again.

Writer???

Because EYE said so!
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
All I want is for your mom to be okay as well. I am praying for her and the rest of your family.

I don't know what your spiritual or Karmic beliefs are but I'll just share with you that just today I went through the AW pictures thread and got to know you a little. Interesting to say the least, that both should happen on the same day.

Sorry you had to go through this. I'll be online for awhile yet so call out if you want to talk. :Hug2:

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Hang in there, and good luck to your mom and the rest of your family. Keeping my fingers crossed.

:e2grouphu

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Quick update: mom's back home and asleep right now. She had a few things, not too bad but they were combining to cause her a lot of pain. Plus, it was her kidneys which were hurting her, and her family has a history of serious kidney disease, so we were kind of scared about that. She's been given medication and she'll go for a checkup tomorrow. I arrived home half an hour ago (2.30 am) and am about to start my homework.

I'm really glad I was able to help my mom and be there for her. A year ago I would've just panicked and started calling everyone for help. At least I was useful. Thanks everyone for all your kind thoughts :) I'll have to go now and get some work done. Sorry I panicked.

Jo

Travelling the re-write road
Registered
Reaction score
Good stuff, Dama. And no, you didn't panic. You did great. Hope everything works out well with your mum--and your homework.

Writer???

Because EYE said so!
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Good job from good and loving daughter. Glad your mom is home and getting some rest. Good luck on the homework.

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Quick update: mom's back home and asleep right now. She had a few things, not too bad but they were combining to cause her a lot of pain. Plus, it was her kidneys which were hurting her, and her family has a history of serious kidney disease, so we were kind of scared about that. She's been given medication and she'll go for a checkup tomorrow. I arrived home half an hour ago (2.30 am) and am about to start my homework.

I'm really glad I was able to help my mom and be there for her. A year ago I would've just panicked and started calling everyone for help. At least I was useful. Thanks everyone for all your kind thoughts :) I'll have to go now and get some work done. Sorry I panicked.

I prayed and was moved in my spirit. The Lord can work miracles on kidneys. I'm a walking miracle.

As for your handling of the situation- You're growing up, baby. I admire you. For your mother: :Hug2:

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
:Hug2:Dama.
Wish you'd never had to have such a night, but I'm glad things are under control.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:

You did an excellent job. (I'm betting you'll never play music as loudly again :) - being able to hear surrounding sounds is a good thing.)

And the best of wishes for better days for your mom, godspeed to your family. Remember that you're not alone.

:Hug2:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to hear everything worked out. Give your mum a big hug in the morning!

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:What a scare! You did wonderfully, though. :Hug2:

Glad to hear everything is going better, Dama. Best wishes for you and your family.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Well, I missed it all and wasn't here for the handing out of hugs and comfort!

I'm glad you got home and it's looking better for your mom... I'll keep sending good thoughts your way - share some with your mom (and your dad).

Well done, Dama!

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Hugs Dama! Sitting in a hopital in the middle of the night without someone who's sick is a horrible feeling.You were very strong for your mom and dad.
Hugs to you, and hope your mom is recovering.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
(((Dama))) I'll be thinking of you both today. I hope you and your mom can catch up on some sleep and she improves.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear things have settled down. You should be proud of your strength and maturity in the face of that difficult situation. All the best to you and your family.

Broadswordbabe

I'd rather be a cat.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gaiesebold.com
Big hugs, Dama. Been there, with both my parents. I'm sure yours are very glad to have such a helpful and supportive daughter around.

All good wishes.

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
Dama, you did a wonderful job and did not panic! You'll find the strength you need when you least expect it. Hug yourself and your mom for us!

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
Well done Dama! You should be proud of yourself for handling things as well as you did. I hope all is well with your mom & family. :)