Veronica Mars

HConn

Whore for genre
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.harryjconnolly.com
It's essentially a detective show set in a high school.

Which sounds like a terrible show, but it really works. The setting, the actors, the tone are all wonderful.

Actually, there's a lot more to the show than that. But my attempts to describe it on other boards have made it sound dorky. So now I just tell people who like mysteries that they should simply watch it.

It comes on Tuesday nights on my local UPN station (in other words, the graveyard). Check your local listings, though. It's my favorite new show of the year, about House and Lost.

Last edited:

backup10

Veronica Mars's life changed unimaginably the night her best friend was killed. Her father, the local sheriff, was laughed out of office for daring to suggest that the town's local billionaire was responsible for his own daughter's murder. And as if that weren't enough, Veronica's mother mysteriously skipped town soon afterwards.

Ostracized by her high school in-crowd for siding with her dad, Veronica now helps her father with his new detective agency. Striking a delicate balance between math homework and undercover stakeouts, she struggles to solve the mysteries that have plagued her life over the past year. While these tragedies would have crushed the spirits of any ordinary teen, Veronica has turned her grief into fuel. She is determined to outsmart, outmaneuver, and out-snark all those who stand in her way.

Mix in three-parts noir murder mystery, a dash of high school intrigue, a strong undercurrent of the haves vs. the have-nots, and a healthy dose of sarcasm, and you end up with one of the best shows of the season.

backup10

For those of you who have never heard of Veronica Mars, here's some info.

It's the only show from the UPN/CBS conglomerate to land on Entertainment Weekly's list of top ten shows of 2004.

Veronica Mars won the recent E! Online Kristin Save One Show poll with an astounding 56% of the votes. Arrested Development came in second with 9% of the vote.

When given a choice between voting for Veronica Mars or Marti Noxon's Point Pleasant in the above mentioned poll, members of whedonesque.com overwhelmingly voted for Veronica Mars. (Marti Noxon was a writer and producer for Buffy.)

It is the highest scoring (based on recapper and user grades) show this season at Television without Pity.

The March 13-19 edition of TV Guide called it the best show you're not watching.

The April 4, 2005 edition of Time magazine named Veronica Mars one of the 6 best dramas on TV now.

To find out what other TV critics are saying about Veronica Mars, visit the reviews page at MarsInvestigations.net.

If you need help catching up with show, check out Mars Investigations: A Beginner's Guide to Veronica Mars. It's a site specifically designed to help introduce new viewers to the show. They have character sketches, episode summaries, and clues about each mysteries.

jordaninak

tonights show

hey what happened in the last couple minutes of the VM airing 5-3-05? Logan had something to tell her but i missed it.

backup10

jordaninak said:
hey what happened in the last couple minutes of the VM airing 5-3-05? Logan had something to tell her but i missed it.
Mars Investigations.net has very detailed recaps of every episode.
Here's the link for May 3rd episode.

saramarie88

What's been happening on the show?

I was wondering if someone would update me on what has happened on VM for the past few months. I love the show and started watching it from the beginning, but because of my busy schedule I've missed out on a lot of episodes. Luckily I was able to catch the season finale which was incredible. If someone could please update me that would be great. Especially with the whole Duncan/Veronica/Logan thing. Is there something wrong with Duncan?

Thanks

Sara

ItshowIdeal

Registered
Reaction score
Sure, I hope I was of some help..

How? They were arguing, and Logan kissed Veronica.OK, Logan and Veronica started dating, secretly.Until one night, they were making out, and about to enter Logan's house. But walked in on Logan's surprise birthday party, with all of Logan's friends. Duncan walked out, and started freaking out. Which I think brought us to the conclusion, that he has something wrong with him, medically. (he has to take pills). Anyways, so her and Logan went to some room in his house. He left her for a couple of minutes, and Veronica found wires, that led to a camera. She looked behind a cabinet, to reveal, that she was being taped.(Exactly what Lily did, as she was lying on the same bed, before.) SHe thought it was Logan, and ran out. That's why she was avoiding him, and well you know the rest.

What I couldn't believe, was that they just left you hanging. Who was at the front door? I hope they make a season two. That was my all time favorite show.

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
From what I understand it's definitely being renewed for a second season. My husband and I have enjoyed it very much! Having grown up reading Nancy Drew books, this reminded me of a modern-day Nancy Drew.

There are all sorts of theories about who was at the front door: Duncan, Logan, Wallace, Weevil...

Being that it was 3am when the doorbell rang, my two guesses hang on Duncan and Wallace.

It could have been Wallace, because Veronica called his mother up to have her visit her father in the hospital, so that could indicate Wallace was coming over to comfort her.

I personally think it was Duncan, mainly because of the way she looked when she told him about the results of her father's paternity test. She looked relieved when she opened the door, and said "I was hoping it was you." Considering all that she and Duncan have been through in the past 1-2 years (the season started with the year anniversary of Lily's murder, correct? Or was it only a few months?), Veronica and Duncan are now both free. Free to love, to heal, to remember Lily.

But that's just my guess. I'm looking forward to next season. This show was well-done. :)

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I just love this show. It's intelligent, funny and very well written for a network TV show.

My vote is for Wallace at the door. :)

Fox The Cave

I get cancer. I kill Jack.
Registered
Reaction score
I know it's been a long time, but I feel a show as phenomenal as this deserves a thread revival. Unfortunately, the show was recently cancelled - I'll always savour the three seasons it produced though.

And yeah, Ms. Bell is damn, damn hot.