Aggghh...!

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Okay, stand back. Rant ahead! Rant ahead!

I stupidly posted on another writer's forum other than AW. Through the years, I've learned that AW is the only one that is well-moderated and has mods that are fair. Well, I posted a comment on another writer's forum (it's a well-respected one for writing for kids). Some guy then decides to attack me on what I said. First of all, I know the literary agency they're discussing. Been there, done that. I responded--nicely and surprisingly calmly-- to his attack. Guess who's post got deleted? Mine, not his. No questions asked, nothing. Yet his post remains there, making fun of what he thought I said.

(ETA: Just noticed the one who runs that place modified that guy's post to reflect good on him. I now deleted my account over there.)

Okay, rant over but I'm mad. Watch out--stormy skies are brewing.

Last edited:

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Grrrrrr. How annoying. :(

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
How maddening! But it's their loss.
Does this mean we all get more time with you? :)

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yes, I'll be here more often. Isn't that wonderful?! Now I'll never get any writing done!

Seriously, it was a good writer's forum for children. Terrific info. But I knew that the person who ran it wasn't that great with over-seeing the boards. And I stayed calm. The guy was being facetious and she couldn't see that. Couldn't see that he was trying to get to me. Couldn't see that he was making fun of me. I nicely even asked him to stop. She deleted my posts, modified his posts, then locked the thread.

Well, it's over. I'll just lurk there for the info, but that's it. You guys here are great!

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
The guy was being facetious and she couldn't see that. Couldn't see that he was trying to get to me. Couldn't see that he was making fun of me. I nicely even asked him to stop. She deleted my posts, modified his posts, then locked the thread.

Well, it's over. I'll just lurk there for the info, but that's it. You guys here are great!
Mods normally delete intelligent and informative posts that's why my posts aren't deleted. Maybe it's time you follow my lead. ;)

Glad you'll be around more. Who needs those poopie faces anyways.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Glad you'll be around more. Who needs those poopie faces anyways.
Here, here!
10.gif

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
FWIW: I would have sent the moderator a PM and chatted to them about it. Unless the admin or owner of a board does a hard delete, a post can be Undeleted.

But we are glad you are with us all the same and will see more of you. :D

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks, guys. Yes, I did PM the one who runs the boards right away. But she sided with the guy, PMing me back that he wasn't targeting me. She didn't see what he was doing. So she deleted my post (without telling me first) then modified his to look "better" I guess, then locked the thread so I couldn't even defend myself or what I had originally said. It was a calm discussion; I just asked him to please stop badgering me. She didn't like that and said he wasn't. Geez.

By the way, I've always been here, just not enough! :D

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
How could she modify someone's post like that? That's just wrong.
You stick with us