People who vote who probably shouldn't

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
So my wife was at work, talking with a co-worker about tomorrow's election and who they were going to vote for.

My wife gives this detailed explanation of each candidate, about their pros and cons, and she's leaning between these because she likes this, and these two are scary for these reasons, etc. etc. Very well thought out.

Then she asks her friend, "Who are you voting for?"

And her friend answers, "I'll have to ask Eric (her husband) who we're voting for."

What is she? A Stepford Wife?

My wife just sat there, stunned that she had wasted all that time trying to have a legitimate political convo.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
My older sister tells her husband who to vote for, even making out a list so he won't forget. That man has been squashed under her thumb for ages.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Starting about age 10, I gave my son all of the campaign stuff and told him to tell me who he wants me to vote for, because that person would be running his life.

That resulted in him being glued to TV, radio, Newspapers etc and researching each candidate.

He wanted a completely different person for the school board (good choice, btw) and pointed out someone I'd never considered for city council.

When daughter got old enough, they started debating at the table.

Now son votes on his own, but that hasn't stopped the political debates: at the moment neither 'Hannah Montana' nor 'The Suitcase Babes' can take attention away from Obama or McCain.

I gots me a system here, folks!!!!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
That is *very* sad.

What did your wife say?
Well, the woman is my wife's friend, so she really didn't say anything. She just changed the subject.

I think it was with an, "Ooookay then..."

The interesting thing is, this woman is very strong willed and opinionated about many things. This is why this was so... strange.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Clearly, the Ferret's wife has decided that you--Sara--are too cute for him to respond to. Maybe he'll do a third person...
Must not be that cute.

This isn't all that surprising, though. I talk to people without their own opinions everyday.

Anthony Matias

Registered
Reaction score
Well Shadow, a few years back during the contest between Bush and Kerry, my brother asked our mom why she voted for Bush. Her reply was, "because I don't like Kerry's wife." No other reason...she just didn't like her.

Those are definitely head banging moments.