PDA

View Full Version : People who vote who probably shouldn't

Shadow_Ferret
02-18-2008, 08:38 PM
So my wife was at work, talking with a co-worker about tomorrow's election and who they were going to vote for.

My wife gives this detailed explanation of each candidate, about their pros and cons, and she's leaning between these because she likes this, and these two are scary for these reasons, etc. etc. Very well thought out.

Then she asks her friend, "Who are you voting for?"

And her friend answers, "I'll have to ask Eric (her husband) who we're voting for."

What is she? A Stepford Wife?

My wife just sat there, stunned that she had wasted all that time trying to have a legitimate political convo.

Sarita
02-18-2008, 08:42 PM
That is *very* sad.

What did your wife say?

donroc
02-18-2008, 08:43 PM
And then there are the Jay Walkers.

robeiae
02-18-2008, 08:47 PM
That is *very* sad.

What did your wife say?
Shadow's waiting for his wife to tell him how to respond to your question.

Any minute now...

Silver King
02-18-2008, 09:12 PM
My older sister tells her husband who to vote for, even making out a list so he won't forget. That man has been squashed under her thumb for ages.

Jaycinth
02-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Starting about age 10, I gave my son all of the campaign stuff and told him to tell me who he wants me to vote for, because that person would be running his life.

That resulted in him being glued to TV, radio, Newspapers etc and researching each candidate.

He wanted a completely different person for the school board (good choice, btw) and pointed out someone I'd never considered for city council.

When daughter got old enough, they started debating at the table.

Now son votes on his own, but that hasn't stopped the political debates: at the moment neither 'Hannah Montana' nor 'The Suitcase Babes' can take attention away from Obama or McCain.

I gots me a system here, folks!!!!

Sarita
02-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Lady Jay is my new hero.

robeiae
02-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Shadow's waiting for his wife to tell him how to respond to your question.

Any minute now...Clearly, the Ferret's wife has decided that you--Sara--are too cute for him to respond to. Maybe he'll do a third person...

TrainofThought
02-18-2008, 10:44 PM
You’re right about people voting who shouldn’t vote. If my candidate isn’t in the running, I won’t be voting.

robeiae
02-18-2008, 10:46 PM
If my candidate isnít in the running, I wonít be voting.
I told you, I have no plans to run for office.

TrainofThought
02-18-2008, 10:50 PM
I told you, I have no plans to run for office.*wipes brow* Good to hear. Now I won't' have to waste my vote. :D

Shadow_Ferret
02-18-2008, 10:52 PM
That is *very* sad.

What did your wife say?
Well, the woman is my wife's friend, so she really didn't say anything. She just changed the subject.

I think it was with an, "Ooookay then..."

The interesting thing is, this woman is very strong willed and opinionated about many things. This is why this was so... strange.

Sarita
02-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Clearly, the Ferret's wife has decided that you--Sara--are too cute for him to respond to. Maybe he'll do a third person...Must not be that cute.

This isn't all that surprising, though. I talk to people without their own opinions everyday.

Shadow_Ferret
02-19-2008, 12:00 AM
Must not be that cute.

Actually, she hasn't seen you yet. So, so far I'm safe.

Anthony Matias
02-19-2008, 01:23 AM
Well Shadow, a few years back during the contest between Bush and Kerry, my brother asked our mom why she voted for Bush. Her reply was, "because I don't like Kerry's wife." No other reason...she just didn't like her.

Those are definitely head banging moments.