Status
Not open for further replies.

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
Less than two hours ago I was unable to reach the Watercooler. I kept getting 404 pages - no such place as "/forums" - and the site I could get was absolutemarket.com

Wondering wtf was happening, domain name servers having hiccups or something else?

mcnorth

Gigantopithecus canadensis
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I encountered the same thing. As have a few other members I've pm'ed.

edgyllama

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Ya, it became AbsoluteMarkets.com for a while.
I emailed Victoria when I noticed.

Deleted member 42

Yes, it was indeed domain weirdness, but it's all better now; you might say thank you to Fahim.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Fahim! :snoopy:

'Twas getting worried there.

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
Bless you, Fahim! When I couldn't reach the boards, I sent out a couple of e-mails and got some disturbing news about ISP's and angry agents and frightened owners, etc. Thank God, all is well! *she breathes a sigh of relief, leans back in her chair, and drinks deep into her cup of coffee*

Deleted member 42

There are three of 'em right now thanking him. I'll let him know.

jonpiper

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Fahim. BUT IN THE LAST FEW DAYS THIS SITE, and ONLY THIS SITE, runs very slow on my computer.

Pages appear quickly, however I cannot immediately scroll them.

And when I click SUBMIT to submit a post, there is a long delay before my submission is posted.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
I remember that day well. I sobbed and sobbed and went into AW withdrawal. Very sad. Thanks, Fahim, for fixing AW so I don't have to go to any more meetings about it. (For the record, AW works okay for me. Could it be a memory problem, like AW now needs more memory to run okay? Just a non-techie thought.)

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I remember that day well. I sobbed and sobbed and went into AW withdrawal. Very sad. Thanks, Fahim, for fixing AW so I don't have to go to any more meetings about it.
Oh No! You Muist Keep Going To Meetings. AW Addiction is a Chronic, Progressive Disease. Just because you're able to feed your addiction now doesn't mean you should stop going to meetings (just don't carry your Blackberry to a meeting, even if you've posted at 85mph.). It's horrible, and if I didn't count my AW posts as writing, it would prevent me from getting ANY writing done.

It's so bad, not even Fahim can help with it...where is he, BTW? I was hoping he'd post in this thread so we could give him rep points.

I'm starting an online recovery site for AbsoluteWrite Addicts, look for it Real Soon Now at http://www.aw-addiction.org, or is that http://www.aw-recovery.org? Haven't decided yet...
(For the record, AW works okay for me. Could it be a memory problem, like AW now needs more memory to run okay? Just a non-techie thought.)
I read that as a techie thought from perhaps a non-techie person, but whatever... :)

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Yeah, Ben, you're right. I'm a member of AWA (Absolute Write Addicts) and I promise I'll keep attending the meetings, even if I am the only one there.

And you're also right: I was stating a techie-type thought as a non-techie person. Does that make any sense? No? Okay, back to the AWA meeting.

Fahim

Mad coder, lazy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farook.org
Sorry folks, I tend not to venture out too far from the confines of Tech Help these days - mostly due to a lack of time :) And you're all welcome :D

pdr

Banned
Reaction score
Getting to AW.

This past week I've had a lot of trouble getting to AW. I've been using internet cafes and airport computers as well as my own. I get a 'Can't find' notice. It's taken two hours this evening, Japan time, to get here.

Does anyone have any suggestions why?

pdr

Banned
Reaction score
I'm assuming...

you meant down last night?

So why this morning can I get the opening 'page' but then I can't get into forums because there is database error? Two hours later it's fine.

And this was happening all last week too.

I know I am a techno-idiot but this happened on computers in Singapore and New Zealand too.

No, I am not nagging, I am just very nervous that we DONT have another collapse and loss of all the files. I don't trust computers.

AW does have several good back ups doesn't it?

Deleted member 42

you meant down last night?

So why this morning can I get the opening 'page' but then I can't get into forums because there is database error? Two hours later it's fine.

And this was happening all last week too.

I know I am a techno-idiot but this happened on computers in Singapore and New Zealand too.

No, I am not nagging, I am just very nervous that we DONT have another collapse and loss of all the files. I don't trust computers.

AW does have several good back ups doesn't it?

Yes. AW has multiple redundant backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.