PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter 5 - quick question

seun
02-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Are there any spiders or spider type creatures in this one? It's been a while since I read the book and vaguely recall spiders in the house (is it when Ron is doing some cleaning?).

As I'm watching it tonight with an arachnophobe, a heads up would be handy.

Cranky
02-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Not that I recall. Chamber of Secrets, yes. Order of the Phoenix, no.

ChunkyC
02-15-2008, 07:52 PM
I watched it last a while ago, and I too don't recall spiders in this one.

maestrowork
02-15-2008, 07:53 PM
I don't remember any spiders. Oh, and did you watch LotR: Return of the King yet? :D

seun
02-15-2008, 07:58 PM
I don't remember any spiders. Oh, and did you watch LotR: Return of the King yet? :D

Yep. She's a big fan of getting to look away from the screen during Shelob's part. Ditto that ten minutes in Harry 2. :)

Thanks for the replies. I'll let her know.

Christine N.
02-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Nope, no spiders. They kind of skip over the cleaning part in the movie.

OddButInteresting
02-16-2008, 10:26 PM
There'll most definitely be a spider in the next film (there should be, anyway, as an event featuring one leads directly to the acquisition of Slughorn's missing memory), and plenty in the last one :).

seun
02-18-2008, 01:51 PM
There'll most definitely be a spider in the next film (there should be, anyway, as an event featuring one leads directly to the acquisition of Slughorn's missing memory), and plenty in the last one :).

I've already warned her about the last one. How she'll make it through the final battle at Hogwarts, I have no idea.

HeronW
02-18-2008, 02:08 PM
No spidahs in HP5, nasty-ass teacher though! Imelda Staunton is one of my fav actresses too--gawd I HATE her here!

katiemac
02-18-2008, 08:32 PM
I've already warned her about the last one. How she'll make it through the final battle at Hogwarts, I have no idea.

There's a chance there won't be any giant spiders in the final battle, anyway. One was already cut from the end in Goblet of Fire and the last battle in Phoenix lost a lot of magic (flying brains, anyway?). I suspect it'll depend highly on their budget and film length how intricate the final battle ends up being ... could be strictly a bunch of wizards running around with spells or we'll get McGonagall's army of desks after all.