Not open for further replies.

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
Here lately, I've been thinking (uh-oh, dangerous activity). When I registered here after the move, I registered with "jyndral" again so there'd be some kind of consistency. If I wanted to change my ID, would I have to re-register or is there a way to do it without going through all that?

If I could change, I'd change it to my name. Heck, it's everywhere anyway. In my sig line, on all the pages that are linked in my sig line. All that good stuff. I'd change it to JenNipps.

If it can't be done, though, that's OK. I'll stick with jyndral.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
My best advice would be to PM Jenna or ChunkyC--I imagine either of them would take care of that for you.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
jyndral said:
Here lately, I've been thinking (uh-oh, dangerous activity). When I registered here after the move, I registered with "jyndral" again so there'd be some kind of consistency. If I wanted to change my ID, would I have to re-register or is there a way to do it without going through all that?

If I could change, I'd change it to my name. Heck, it's everywhere anyway. In my sig line, on all the pages that are linked in my sig line. All that good stuff. I'd change it to JenNipps.

If it can't be done, though, that's OK. I'll stick with jyndral.
It can be done, Jen. Like Mac said, just let Jenna or myself know when you're ready. We'll need to give the system a few minutes to change all of your existing posts over to use the new name, and from that point on, you'll need to use the new username to sign on (your password will remain the same).

Charlie

PS -- you might want to go into your sig afterward and change it to let everyone know you used to be jyndral.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
CC, I was also thinking of asking you or Jenna for a name change for a bit more anonymity. I noticed that users are tracked with a number in the database, so I figured it wouldn't be that difficult to do. Can I also PM you when I am ready for a name change?

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
ChunkyC said:
It can be done, Jen. Like Mac said, just let Jenna or myself know when you're ready. We'll need to give the system a few minutes to change all of your existing posts over to use the new name, and from that point on, you'll need to use the new username to sign on (your password will remain the same).

Charlie

PS -- you might want to go into your sig afterward and change it to let everyone know you used to be jyndral.

Thanks. And I'll do that. :) Anytime will be fine. I'll be out most of the day tomorrow (I think) for my sister-in-law's birthday, so that should give things plenty of time to reset or whatever they need to do.

Ummm....

Maybe I should send this in a PM to you too?

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
Hey Jenna or Chunky can ya'll change my username to Renee- without my last name? IF that's already taken I could be Renee B.

LOL.. :)

Or I'll PM ya'll - whatever works! :)

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
There are no stupid questions, only stupid "publishers" in Frederick Maryland.

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
William Haskins said:
and if that happens, can mine be changed to renee bagley?

Uh-huh everyone wants to be like Renee...(or is that like Mike? hehe)....too funny William! (BTW- why did you change your location from Hell, Texas? That was cool!)

;)

I seem to have enough trackers (PA mess - no I don't mean PA-ers) right now, having shared my real name, so I do believe I've tarnished (nah) my name all that needs to be. Both of us postin' with the same name? Lord, then I'd really have some problems - :)we're both brutally honest! Yup - problems..lol..

Seriously though I started as afanofthetruth and then decided to let everyone know who I was. Now that everyone knows, well I think it's better to have a less track ya down name - especially as much as I cut up around here. (Help I can't shut up)

PS- Thanks Chunky for the PM about changing my name!
:thankyou:

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
I'm considering going with something different, as well, but I'm still thinking it over. Will be in touch with Admin when I decide. :)

When I signed up here, I was thinking of it more as a business thing. I didn't realize I'd get so involved in the antics here as well. I love it! :)

Wendy J

Life Is Like A Box Of Choc.
Registered
Reaction score
No More, We Can't Take It

Hey, guys, change your names if you want, but keep in mind that all the new members (me!) are just learning your names. Now, ya'll go and change them on us, and it'll really be one scary place around here!!

:crazy: :Headbang: :flag:

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
Wendy J said:
Hey, guys, change your names if you want, but keep in mind that all the new members (me!) are just learning your names. Now, ya'll go and change them on us, and it'll really be one scary place around here!!

I got the same reaction when I changed my avatar. It took some people a few days to realize who I was. :)

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
Wendy J said:

You're safe as far as my name's concerned. lol. I won't be changing it again. I'm rather attached to this one. QUite a bit so, actually. :)

TMA-1

Registered
Reaction score
How to change my name?

Who should I contact if I want to change my username?

Dark Sim

Registered
Reaction score
Is it possible to change your username?

When I first registered on this site, I didn't give much thought to my username. I noticed that most of the posters here have names which are a little more indicative of their personalities or their interests. Now I'm wanting to have something similar.

Is it possible to change my username without having to re-register all over again? And if my username was changed, would all the threads I started/ posts I made also have the new username too? And what about my post count? Would that stay the same?

Thanks

rich

I'm sure it can be done, and with your handle all mods should make every effort to do so.

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
marlowesnoopstein said:
Is it possible to change my username without having to re-register all over again?

Yes, but you'll have to PM Jenna or ChunkyC to have them change it for you.

And if my username was changed, would all the threads I started/ posts I made also have the new username too?

Yes.

And what about my post count? Would that stay the same?

Yes.

You're welcome. :)

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
is there a way for me to change my user name?

I have an internet stalker :p and I'd like to change my user name as it is so "obvious"

I think if I shortened it to Talia it would make it harder for this individual to spy on everything I do online (hoping they haven't already found me in this forum)

Is it possible to change my user name to Talia?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I have an internet stalker :p and I'd like to change my user name as it is so "obvious"

I think if I shortened it to Talia it would make it harder for this individual to spy on everything I do online (hoping they haven't already found me in this forum)

Is it possible to change my user name to Talia?
We recently had another member request the same and had their username changed. I suggest you contact Mac (site owner) or ChunkyC with this request.

Good luck (with the stalker)

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TaliaMana to Talia.

They'll never find you.

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
TaliaMana to Talia.

They'll never find you.
rofl
I don't think they'll specifically look in this forum. It's not something that's likely to occur to them but if they keep googling my name this could pop up. At the moment I'm being stalked in 2 forums and having a lot of my other activity "watched" and commented on

Thanks Spooky - will contact chunkyc

Status
Not open for further replies.