PDA

View Full Version : How can I change my username?

JenNipps
03-19-2005, 06:49 AM
Here lately, I've been thinking (uh-oh, dangerous activity). When I registered here after the move, I registered with "jyndral" again so there'd be some kind of consistency. If I wanted to change my ID, would I have to re-register or is there a way to do it without going through all that?

If I could change, I'd change it to my name. Heck, it's everywhere anyway. In my sig line, on all the pages that are linked in my sig line. All that good stuff. I'd change it to JenNipps.

If it can't be done, though, that's OK. I'll stick with jyndral.

MacAllister
03-19-2005, 09:29 AM
My best advice would be to PM Jenna or ChunkyC--I imagine either of them would take care of that for you.

JenNipps
03-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks. I'll do that later this afternoon - heading out for a little bit now. I've got to take advantage of this wonderful weather. :)

ChunkyC
03-20-2005, 03:44 AM
Here lately, I've been thinking (uh-oh, dangerous activity). When I registered here after the move, I registered with "jyndral" again so there'd be some kind of consistency. If I wanted to change my ID, would I have to re-register or is there a way to do it without going through all that?

If I could change, I'd change it to my name. Heck, it's everywhere anyway. In my sig line, on all the pages that are linked in my sig line. All that good stuff. I'd change it to JenNipps.

If it can't be done, though, that's OK. I'll stick with jyndral.
It can be done, Jen. Like Mac said, just let Jenna or myself know when you're ready. We'll need to give the system a few minutes to change all of your existing posts over to use the new name, and from that point on, you'll need to use the new username to sign on (your password will remain the same).

Charlie

PS -- you might want to go into your sig afterward and change it to let everyone know you used to be jyndral.

tjwriter
03-20-2005, 05:11 AM
CC, I was also thinking of asking you or Jenna for a name change for a bit more anonymity. I noticed that users are tracked with a number in the database, so I figured it wouldn't be that difficult to do. Can I also PM you when I am ready for a name change?

JenNipps
03-20-2005, 08:44 AM
It can be done, Jen. Like Mac said, just let Jenna or myself know when you're ready. We'll need to give the system a few minutes to change all of your existing posts over to use the new name, and from that point on, you'll need to use the new username to sign on (your password will remain the same).

Charlie

PS -- you might want to go into your sig afterward and change it to let everyone know you used to be jyndral.

Thanks. And I'll do that. :) Anytime will be fine. I'll be out most of the day tomorrow (I think) for my sister-in-law's birthday, so that should give things plenty of time to reset or whatever they need to do.

Ummm....

Maybe I should send this in a PM to you too?

Renee
04-01-2005, 06:07 AM
Hey Jenna or Chunky can ya'll change my username to Renee- without my last name? IF that's already taken I could be Renee B.

LOL.. :)

Or I'll PM ya'll - whatever works! :)

William Haskins
04-01-2005, 09:04 AM
and if that happens, can mine be changed to renee bagley?

Alphabeter
04-01-2005, 09:29 AM
There are no stupid questions, only stupid "publishers" in Frederick Maryland.

Renee
04-02-2005, 08:37 AM
and if that happens, can mine be changed to renee bagley?

Uh-huh everyone wants to be like Renee...(or is that like Mike? hehe)....too funny William! (BTW- why did you change your location from Hell, Texas? That was cool!)

;)

I seem to have enough trackers (PA mess - no I don't mean PA-ers) right now, having shared my real name, so I do believe I've tarnished (nah) my name all that needs to be. Both of us postin' with the same name? Lord, then I'd really have some problems - :)we're both brutally honest! Yup - problems..lol..

Seriously though I started as afanofthetruth and then decided to let everyone know who I was. Now that everyone knows, well I think it's better to have a less track ya down name - especially as much as I cut up around here. (Help I can't shut up)

PS- Thanks Chunky for the PM about changing my name!
:thankyou:

TemlynWriting
04-04-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm considering going with something different, as well, but I'm still thinking it over. Will be in touch with Admin when I decide. :)

When I signed up here, I was thinking of it more as a business thing. I didn't realize I'd get so involved in the antics here as well. I love it! :)

Wendy J
04-08-2005, 04:25 AM
Hey, guys, change your names if you want, but keep in mind that all the new members (me!) are just learning your names. Now, ya'll go and change them on us, and it'll really be one scary place around here!!

:crazy: :Headbang: :flag:

TemlynWriting
04-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Hey, guys, change your names if you want, but keep in mind that all the new members (me!) are just learning your names. Now, ya'll go and change them on us, and it'll really be one scary place around here!!

I got the same reaction when I changed my avatar. It took some people a few days to realize who I was. :)

JenNipps
04-13-2005, 10:47 PM

You're safe as far as my name's concerned. lol. I won't be changing it again. I'm rather attached to this one. QUite a bit so, actually. :)

TMA-1
08-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Who should I contact if I want to change my username?

Sarita
08-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Chunky C or Jenna. Here's Chunky:

PM Chunky (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=4)

Dark Sim
04-21-2006, 02:20 AM
When I first registered on this site, I didn't give much thought to my username. I noticed that most of the posters here have names which are a little more indicative of their personalities or their interests. Now I'm wanting to have something similar.

Is it possible to change my username without having to re-register all over again? And if my username was changed, would all the threads I started/ posts I made also have the new username too? And what about my post count? Would that stay the same?

Thanks

rich
04-21-2006, 02:26 AM
I'm sure it can be done, and with your handle all mods should make every effort to do so.

awatkins
04-21-2006, 03:04 AM
Is it possible to change my username without having to re-register all over again?

Yes, but you'll have to PM Jenna or ChunkyC to have them change it for you.

And if my username was changed, would all the threads I started/ posts I made also have the new username too?

Yes.

And what about my post count? Would that stay the same?

Yes.

Thanks

You're welcome. :)

Talia
03-22-2007, 01:11 AM
I have an internet stalker :P and I'd like to change my user name as it is so "obvious"

I think if I shortened it to Talia it would make it harder for this individual to spy on everything I do online (hoping they haven't already found me in this forum)

Is it possible to change my user name to Talia?

SpookyWriter
03-22-2007, 01:14 AM
I have an internet stalker :P and I'd like to change my user name as it is so "obvious"

I think if I shortened it to Talia it would make it harder for this individual to spy on everything I do online (hoping they haven't already found me in this forum)

Is it possible to change my user name to Talia?We recently had another member request the same and had their username changed. I suggest you contact Mac (site owner) or ChunkyC with this request.

Good luck (with the stalker)

Rich
03-22-2007, 01:15 AM
TaliaMana to Talia.

They'll never find you.

Talia
03-22-2007, 02:22 AM
TaliaMana to Talia.

They'll never find you.
rofl
I don't think they'll specifically look in this forum. It's not something that's likely to occur to them but if they keep googling my name this could pop up. At the moment I'm being stalked in 2 forums and having a lot of my other activity "watched" and commented on

Thanks Spooky - will contact chunkyc

MacAllister
03-22-2007, 02:36 AM
Presto...

SpookyWriter
03-22-2007, 02:47 AM
Can I get a cup of coffee while you're up.:D

Little Red Barn
03-22-2007, 02:53 AM
Hey Mac...uhmm could you drop the 57 on mine as the old CHEVY died PLEASE!

SpookyWriter
03-22-2007, 03:06 AM
Hey Mac...uhmm could you drop the 57 on mine as the old CHEVY died PLEASE!I thought the 57 was your age? :Shrug:

Little Red Barn
03-22-2007, 03:08 AM
I thought the 57 was your age? :Shrug:
Not yet perhaps you been in the Vodka and dancing with the worm again as I'm one Hot Mamma :tongue
Now MACCC! Pretty Please and this is even more why I want to change it :D

Talia
03-22-2007, 03:19 AM
Presto...

Fantabulous thank you!!! Someone came to the door so I got distracted, came back and it's all fixed LOL

Talia
03-22-2007, 03:20 AM
Not yet perhaps you been in the Vodka and dancing with the worm again as I'm one Hot Mamma :tongue
Now MACCC! Pretty Please and this is even more why I want to change it :D

I'd have guessed year of birth. No?

Little Red Barn
03-22-2007, 03:23 AM
I'd have guessed year of birth. No?
Certainly not..*stomps off to find Mac* See Mac..:D

MacAllister
03-22-2007, 03:33 AM
Got it, Kimmi.

poetinahat
03-22-2007, 03:50 AM
Hey, SpookyWriter, you're not really spooky -- more, well, creepy. Can we change your name to CreepyWriter?

Pat~
03-22-2007, 04:44 AM
And while you're at it would you also please change your avatar?

(I'm coulrophobic...)

PeeDee
03-22-2007, 06:23 AM
I feel left out. Should I be changing my username too?

'Course I don't have any stalkers. Except Spooky and Rllgthunder, but they just sit outside my windows and cry softly to themselves.

Moon Daughter
04-02-2007, 06:27 AM
PeeDee, your avatar is plenty enough that you don't need to change your username. Reminds me of an awful site I once witnessed on the beach.

WildScribe
04-02-2007, 06:30 AM
PeeDee, your avatar is plenty enough that you don't need to change your username. Reminds me of an awful site I once witnessed on the beach.

S-I-G-H-T

:D

heatheringemar
12-21-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm tired of being 'firefingers.' I'd rather be heatheringemar. How/who do I go to to get my username changed?

Thanks.

Storyteller5
12-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Send a message to MacAllister (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/member.php?u=13) (site owner) and ask him to change it. :)

Haggis
12-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Send a message to MacAllister (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/member.php?u=13) (site owner) and ask him to change it. :)

Absolutely. Send a pm to MacAllister. But you'd be better off asking HER to change it. :D

Transatlantic
08-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Hi! Is MacAllister still the person to PM if I want to change my username, or is it someone else now? Many thanks.

alleycat
08-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Hi! Is MacAllister still the person to PM if I want to change my username?

Yes.