What not to get Him/Her on Valentines day.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Okay, okay, short as I can make it. I think I might have posted this last year even. Anyway.

Last year on Valentine's Day I decided to surprise hubby by getting traditional henna-ing (non-permanent tattoos, Indian style). The nearest place I could find was deep in LA, like 2 hours away. I go in my "new" old car, which we had just purchased so we had 2 cars! I'm halfway there when it starts billowing smoke out the front. I pull over, yadda yadda, have to call hubby at work to come rescue me. He gets permission from the boss, hops in our truck and starts driving. He's about half a mile away, trying to look for me, when he plows into the back of another car. He's only been driving for a few months so he freaks out majorly. Calls me on cell phone almost crying. I hop out of the car and start running. Our truck is totaled, we get it towed. Now we are stuck in the middle of nowhere with our "new" car, which has a leaky radiator. We spend the next 6 hours filling the radiator with fluid, driving 10 miles, pulling over to let it cool down, filling the radiator again, etc. etc. In one day, we went from 2 cars to none.

So be warned. Trying to get a henna tattoo may result in mass property damage and really, really high mechanic bills.

(Worst part of the story is, I find out the next day that there's someone who does henna literally across the street from where we live.)

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
Worst gift ever:Nothing

other bad gifts:
Plastic flowers
Exploding candy
Tic-tacs

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I got my husband a new iron and an ironing board cover. He loves them.
If he'd have given that to me, I'd have killed him.
Lawd, I'm living in bizarro world. But at least I don't iron!

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
Gift certificates to ANY body-manipulation clinic or service. A local talk show host is pushing BriteSmile teeth whitening as a Valentine's Day gift.

"Here ya go, Darling. Now your teeth will no longer resemble a weathered picket fence."

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
Gift certificates to ANY body-manipulation clinic or service. A local talk show host is pushing BriteSmile teeth whitening as a Valentine's Day gift.

those would be perfect for me.

guess we were never meant to be, joe.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I know what not to get Mr. Susie...

a bowl of prunes.
ice cream with peanuts. (That doesn't agree with him).
ladies jewelry.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, okay, short as I can make it. I think I might have posted this last year even. Anyway.

Last year on Valentine's Day I decided to surprise hubby by getting traditional henna-ing (non-permanent tattoos, Indian style). The nearest place I could find was deep in LA, like 2 hours away. I go in my "new" old car, which we had just purchased so we had 2 cars! I'm halfway there when it starts billowing smoke out the front. I pull over, yadda yadda, have to call hubby at work to come rescue me. He gets permission from the boss, hops in our truck and starts driving. He's about half a mile away, trying to look for me, when he plows into the back of another car. He's only been driving for a few months so he freaks out majorly. Calls me on cell phone almost crying. I hop out of the car and start running. Our truck is totaled, we get it towed. Now we are stuck in the middle of nowhere with our "new" car, which has a leaky radiator. We spend the next 6 hours filling the radiator with fluid, driving 10 miles, pulling over to let it cool down, filling the radiator again, etc. etc. In one day, we went from 2 cars to none.

So be warned. Trying to get a henna tattoo may result in mass property damage and really, really high mechanic bills.

(Worst part of the story is, I find out the next day that there's someone who does henna literally across the street from where we live.)

:ROFL:

That sucks. Good story.