PA Victim

tsnixon1

Registered
Reaction score
I signed a standard contract with PublishAmerica on 3/7/2006. Before I signed the contract, I submitted the first 116 pages out of 500 pages of my manuscript. I have not received the dollar they promised and I have not submitted my entire manuscript. PublishAmerica has not done any editing. In January 2008, I received the following letter:

On 3/7/2007, we received your signed contract back in our officer for your book, Untitled. At that time, we also sent you the Author Questionnaire for your book and requested the materials we would need to produce your book. Those materials included things such as the final draft of our manuscript, your author bio and photos, back cover text, etc.

Thus far, we have not received all of the items that we need to begin production on your book. We have made several attempts via telephone and email to reach you on this matter. Currently, you are in breach of the contract that you signed with us. It is our preference to move forward with the production of your book. Please contact us, so we may resolve this matter and begin production on your book.

Have a good day,
Loretta
Pre-Production Department
PublishAmerica

I started reading about PublishAmerica on the Internet and I no longer want to publish with them (obviously). Have you heard of people getting a waiver on their contract if they have not yet sent in their manuscript? Can any one suggest as to how I might get out of my contract?

Bo Sullivan

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Hi,

A friend of mine simply refused to provide the rest of the manuscript and PA did not pursue her any further.

Just write to them and tell them that you no longer wish to proceed.

I hope this helps.

Barbara

Kevin Yarbrough

Will write for peace of mind
Registered
Reaction score
Did they actually send you the emails and call you? If not then I would assume, if the contract is the same, that they have passed their deadline to get the book out.

But I may be wrong.