PDA

View Full Version : The Singles Awareness Day Party thread! Singles- free / Couples- $100. each.

Fenika
02-14-2008, 06:01 AM
Alright all you singlets, lets celebrate independence! Take those tacky heart shaped boxes and ugly-red colored objects and get em outta sight.

To heck with a holiday that rubs it in my face that I'm not attached.

Singles unite!

And to those of you with a tummy ache from shamefully devouring those candies your mom sent... well, we'll get you something for that, don't fear!

Cheers,
Christina

kristie911
02-14-2008, 07:07 AM
I didn't like Valentine's Day when I wasn't single. I barely notice it now that I'm single.

If I'm in the mood for candy, I'll buy myself some, thanks. :)

WildScribe
02-14-2008, 07:12 AM
Val what? I noticed that it was coming up on Monday, but only because I got the notice that my yoga class was canceled, and I wanted to know WHY. ;) My husband and I don't bother...

SpookyWriter
02-14-2008, 07:27 AM
I didn't like Valentine's Day when I wasn't single. I barely notice it now that I'm single.

If I'm in the mood for candy, I'll buy myself some, thanks. :)

I saved a bunch of money on my insurance, so I decided to splur on you.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ZGNBVYCWL._AA252_.jpg

kristie911
02-14-2008, 07:40 AM
Awww...you're too sweet, Spook. :)

Hillary
02-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Five posts and this thread about being bitter has twisted into a romance. Just five posts!

Behold the power of Valentine's Day!

*cue lame music*

Kevin Yarbrough
02-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Kristi, just for you on Valentine's day (us singles need to stay together), I wrote you a poem in absence of the flowers, candy and gifts that should be given to you on this most holiest of days (Fed ex was busy and I ate the candy waiting in line, the flowers froze, and I would have had to hock the gifts to pay for shipping fee).

To the lovliest 911 dispatcher I know
Her beauty is unrenown
If you are in a wreck and have a bad bruise
She has the voice of a muse
She like baseball and an ice cold brew
Her lips are like the morning dew
She's a 911 dispatcher
and don't look like Margeret Thatcher
She's Kristi911
Happy Valentine's hun.

kristie911
02-14-2008, 09:55 AM
LOL! Kevin that is the nicest poem anyone has every written for me. Well, KTC wrote me one once but, if I remember correctly, it wasn't that nice!

You made my Valentine's day! :Hug2:

Cassiopeia
02-14-2008, 10:07 AM
I was going to wish everyone a wonderful Happy Valentine's Day because you all are my sweethearts!

Yes and single here too but I don't hate Valentine's Day, it's just a rough time to be single. But it's only a day.

truelyana
02-14-2008, 03:08 PM
I don't celebrate or use Valentines day specifically to show people I care. I use any other day. So I'm with you on this thread either way. :D:partyguy:

P.S-Happy Trifon Zarezan. Now this is definetly a holiday!

Fenika
02-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Wise words Tru

What is a Trifon Zarezan? LOL

Bravo
02-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Alright all you singlets, lets celebrate independence! Take those tacky heart shaped boxes and ugly-red colored objects and get em outta sight.

Singles unite!

And to those of you with a tummy ache from shamefully devouring those candies your mom sent... well, we'll get you something for that, don't fear!

Cheers,
Christina

i was voted #3,517 in the world's most eligible bachelor list, but i don't mind this holiday at all.

i especially like the candy hearts.

Kevin Yarbrough
02-14-2008, 06:58 PM
LOL! Kevin that is the nicest poem anyone has every written for me. Well, KTC wrote me one once but, if I remember correctly, it wasn't that nice!

You made my Valentine's day! :Hug2:

Ahhh, shucks. T'want nuttin'. :e2flowers

talps
02-14-2008, 09:26 PM
MWAH-HA-HA-HA...

the forecast for valentine's day:
http://bestsmileys.com/weather/3.gif

C.bronco
02-14-2008, 09:32 PM

Singles unite!

Cheers,
Christina
If you're going to throw out the boxes, then for heaven's sake, Take The Chocolate Out First! No choclate deserves to perish uneaten. The horror!

CaroGirl
02-14-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm aware of shingles. My husband had a very bad case on his genitals a couple of years ago.

CaroGirl
02-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Oh. Did you say singles. Sorry. Nevermind.

Shadow_Ferret
02-14-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm a single at heart.

BardSkye
02-14-2008, 09:39 PM
It's not Valentine's day. My best friend for 25 years celebrates a birthday today, so it's Donna's Day.

Fenika
02-15-2008, 04:02 AM
I'm not sure what this is, but it seemed appropriate:

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2008/02/funny-pictures-baboon-butt-heart.jpg

bluejester12
02-15-2008, 04:26 AM
I think that's a baboon's ass.

V-day: the one "major" holiday people can't celebrate even if they want to.

imagoodgurl4
02-15-2008, 07:21 AM
Here's to being single. :Trophy: I got dumped last night by the boyfriend...well, ex-boyfriend now. To cheer me up, my best friend renamed it Venereal Day (doesn't sound so romantic now, does it, hehe).

Happy V Day, guys!