• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

looking for a Beta Reader/Mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwannabepublished

working hard - hard at work?
Banned
Reaction score
Hi, I've been working on my manuscript for years. Every once in a while I send out a bunch of queries, of course with no luck. Recently, I've finished another rewrite and have gone from 107,000 words down to 97,000. Below is a copy of my most current (and unused) query letter to help anyone interested to understand what my story is about. I would welcome any help I can get to finish 'polishing' my story before I try another round of queries. I have also posted my most current synopsis in the AW Workshop, in the the query letter forum in the share your work section.

(current query letter)

What if someone proved that Jesus Christ was never crucified? Would it put her life in jeopardy? Would it destroy Christianity?

Archaeologist Erin Mathews finds herself confronted with these questions when she and her graduate students uncover a fourth group of letters that may have been between Jesus and his family. Without proof, the findings form just one hypothesis among all the other controversial theories out there. When Erin returns to the Middle East excavation sites in July 1998 to search for answers, she is joined by Kerry Johnson, a mercenary hired by her sponsor.

Unfortunately, The Sons of Light have an interest in the quest and it’s not to help expose the truth. On the contrary, they are hunting her down because they want the secret to remain buried and Erin along with it.

I am seeking your representation for THE LAST SECRET, a 97,000 word archaeological thriller. Included are my synopsis and the first fifty pages, in compliance with your submission guidelines.

Thank you for your consideration, I look forward to hearing from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.