PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone read/speak Chinese???

JoNightshade
02-14-2008, 03:27 AM
If you do, maybe you can help me out. I am trying to make a translation of my little valentine's day poem into chinese. (I want to make it into a little painting.) Please please PLEASE forgive my handwriting (I'm sure this looks like a 3 year old's) and my tenuous grasp of Chinese grammar. The poem is supposed to read:

You invade my heart
Caught me off guard / with my guard down
How did you break in?

So is this like completely ridiculous or am I even close? Also, as you can see I have 4 characters without pinyin above them. Any idea how to pronounce those? My dictionary sucks. Any help is appreciated!!

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/JoNightshade/Chinese.jpg

rhymegirl
02-14-2008, 03:27 AM
That would be Ray or trumancoyote who could help you, I think.

JoNightshade
02-14-2008, 03:28 AM
I am going to PM ray right now ;)

maestrowork
02-14-2008, 04:00 AM
If you do, maybe you can help me out. I am trying to make a translation of my little valentine's day poem into chinese. (I want to make it into a little painting.) Please please PLEASE forgive my handwriting (I'm sure this looks like a 3 year old's) and my tenuous grasp of Chinese grammar. The poem is supposed to read:

You invade my heart
Caught me off guard / with my guard down
How did you break in?

So is this like completely ridiculous or am I even close? Also, as you can see I have 4 characters without pinyin above them. Any idea how to pronounce those? My dictionary sucks. Any help is appreciated!!

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/JoNightshade/Chinese.jpg

Not bad. Very close. But invade should be two words. "qin" alone is not enough. You miss the word "enter" (re -- please forgive my pinyin... the character looks like "ren" (person) but reverse). Also, "heart" in this case should just be "xin" not "xin zang" -- "xin zang" means the actual organ and not the figurative meaning of "heart."

The second line, delete the second character.

JoNightshade
02-14-2008, 04:57 AM
Not bad. Very close. But invade should be two words. "qin" alone is not enough. You miss the word "enter" (re -- please forgive my pinyin... the character looks like "ren" (person) but reverse).

The same as my last character, right?

Also, "heart" in this case should just be "xin" not "xin zang" -- "xin zang" means the actual organ and not the figurative meaning of "heart."

Okay, yeah, I was wondering about that. :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH, RAY! You are my hero. :)