• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

need beta reader, mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Since I'm so totally new at this I'm not sure what I need. Maybe to start over.

I've completed a MG something - not sure if it's coming of age, romance, etc. (may be my main problem - direction). I wrote this over a year ago, and recently dragged it out to look at. Now I'm in the process of making major cuts and additions, and am about halfway through it.

What I'm needing guidance with is age appropriateness. I fear some of the humor may be too obscure for MG, but some of it may just be stupid and my warped way of looking at things - in other words, not amusing to anyone but me.

The MC is early teen and visiting grandparents in backwoods Tennessee - she's from the city. She's equally repulsed and disgusted by Eddie, slightly older, mysterious country bumpkin. He's only slowly revealing to her his other side, a side he's ashamed of and won't face.

When Shelby becomes critical of Eddie's friends, he accuses her of being judgmental and prejudiced, which she points out is exactly what he's been avoiding in his own life.

anyway, if anyone is interested in helping me see if this is a worthwhile project, I would appreciate it. I need honest, blunt criticism. If this style or these characters aren't going to appeal to younger people, then I'm wasting my time with it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.