Zillow

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
If you haven't checked out Zillow, it's pretty cool. You can type in an address, it'll bring up the house, then you can click on the link, then click on "see larger birdseye view" and view their estimated value of the home and satellite images in an interactive map form. You can also view from North, South, East, and West.

And yes, I know there are other satellite sites but this one is cool. They had my current home info right on, but the house I grew up in they had the wrong sq. foot and # of rooms. It was still neat to zoom around the old neighborhood. It was also neat to see who had pools in their back yards.

Last edited:

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
They're off on mine by about 12,000. And on the house where I grew up by about $125,000, 1 bedroom, and 1000 square feet.

But it's pretty cool. As a licensed realtor I must say that this is no replacement for an actual appraisal. :)

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com

lol. I just checked again. It located a house somewhere in USA from my address? Go figure. I think the market value was pretty accurate ACCIDENTALLY, though.

Kevin, the left out Canadian once again!

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Oops. Just saw Sara's appraisal warning. Thanks. I figured as much already.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That was fun. But the aerial photo is of the back of the house, and off by a couple of years. We dismantled the fort/swingset a few years ago and made that area into a garden. Also built a storage building out next to it that is not in the aerial, either.

Their market appraisal is off, and is also about half the tax appraisal we got this year. Market values have been escalating almost since we bought the land here in '96. (Several years ago this was the fastest-growing 'small town' in the US. We are now over 100K in population--when we bought land 12 years ago, the road sign still said "Population 7,000"!)

Last edited:

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Amusing, but amazingly inaccurate for my neighborhood. They even combined the two rented houses beside me and called them one house.

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have you noticed thta this, and all the satalite gps providers don't have people in them? Even when you go to the beach, the tree shadows say afternoon...but no people.

Go to NYC even on google earth. Cars all over....no people.

I know why.

althrasher

Prodigal Muser
Registered
Reaction score
You can see people in my high school's photo on Google Earth. To be exact, it's the marching band going out to rehersal: taken at 2:05 in the afternoon.:)

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
If you haven't checked out Zillow, it's pretty cool. You can type in an address, it'll bring up the house, then you can click on the link, then click on "see larger birdseye view" and view their estimated value of the home and satellite images in an interactive map form. You can also view from North, South, East, and West.

And yes, I know there are other satellite sites but this one is cool. They had my current home info right on, but the house I grew up in they had the wrong sq. foot and # of rooms. It was still neat to zoom around the old neighborhood. It was also neat to see who had pools in their back yards.

I don't like this. I don't want people to know how much my house cost!