• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader, what else? Fantasy action/romance thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Ok, the time has come. I can't put it off any longer.

I've had a few beta readers, but they are all readers, rather than writers. And I need a practised view.

If anyone would be interested in reading the first four or so chapters of my fantasy ( sorry I'm crap with sub genre's. I always put stuff in those two catchall genres - Stuff I Like and Stuff I Don't) I can say there is blood, and romance and you know, all that. Maybe not in the first few chapters but.....

What do I want from you?

I know I overwrite. Get that red pen out! Tell me if there are redundant phrases. where I can cut down on the drama queen stuff, etc

Your impressions of the character's - tell me how you see them, so I know if I'm getting them across ok.

Is the start sufficently 'oooh I want more!' or,as is more likely, not. If not why not? Too much exposition, didn't engage with the MC, what? Wherte did your eyes glaze over?

Other than that, anything else you could give me would be grovellingly received.

Sonneillon

Autophobic Misanthrope
Registered
Reaction score
I was trained, much in the way attack dogs are trained, to absolutely brutalize anything I critique. Politely. Applying the Red Pen of Doom fills me with sadistic glee. I will be happy to read over your piece and give you my thoughts, but you should probably be sure it's what you really want. ^_^;;

Status
Not open for further replies.