Is it just me? (News is always old now)

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Is it just me, or does everybody feel like they're watching a repeat when they tune into the nightly news? Everything that is ever on the news now, I've heard first at AW. Sometimes I hear it here and don't see it on the news or Yahoo page or wherever until two or three days later. Being here is like being plugged in to the here and now. It's eerie, really.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Not only that, but yesterday I got to pretend for a group of friends that I actually knew something about the nomination process by parrotting some of what I'd read in P&CE. Of course they wondered why I kept calling them "ThrillyBilly".

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Like when I blurted out at work the other day: "Heath Ledger is dead!"
My boss wondered what I was talking about - I didn't want to take her to AW to show her so I had to wait for the internet news to catch up before I could prove I wasn't imagining things and give her a link.

"How'd you hear that so fast."

"Friend in NY told me."

Last edited:

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Like wkhen I blurted out at work the other day: "Heath Ledger is dead!"
My boss wondered what I was talking about - I didn't want to take her to AW to show her so I had to wait for the internet news to catch up before I could prove I wasn't imagining things and give her a link.

"How'd you hear that so fast."

"Friend in NY told me."

I had the exact same experience here.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Did Spooky's trip to the men's room hit the news outlets yet?

Yes. Fortunately for him, it was a slow newsday in Tuktiyuktuk the other day.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I heard about Romney's "suspension" of his campaign here first. I usually get the news here first. Either that or I come here to confirm something I heard on the radio or television. I heard about Heath's death on the radio and logged on here to confirm it.

LIVIN

Registered
Reaction score
Traditional media outlets - nightly news, the newspaper - are a farce in this internet world.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
So how come no one told me about the Virginia state hiring freeze?

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Due to not having television, I get all my news off the internet and radio.

I tell you, I never realized TV news was so STUPID until I was at a friend's house when they were watching the nightly news. It was like watching the news for 4 year olds or something.

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
Due to not having television, I get all my news off the internet and radio.

I tell you, I never realized TV news was so STUPID until I was at a friend's house when they were watching the nightly news. It was like watching the news for 4 year olds or something.

You've nailed it on the head, that's why I don't keep updated with any news. And also, why I hadn't got a clue who Heath Ledger was.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I heard about Romney's "suspension" of his campaign here first.
I posted it here first.:) But really, he must have spoken for 25 minutes, and WSB carried his whole speech live, preempting both the end of Neal Boortz' show and the start of Clark Howard's show, both syndicated and originating at WSB... The guy could have said it all in as little as 15 seconds:

"Thanks for all your support, we can't be divided and let the demos win, and with that in mind I'll take one for the team, I quit. Thank you, good afternoon."

Oh, the Space Shuttle went up with no problem. Oops, that's almost a day old!
I usually get the news here first. Either that or I come here to confirm something I heard on the radio or television. I heard about Heath's death on the radio and logged on here to confirm it.

Traditional media outlets - nightly news, the newspaper - are a farce in this internet world.
I see those as being for people who don't have the Internet, or who don't see what it has to offer, or don't care, or don't something...