Where to list site on DMOZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linton Robinson

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
This seems simple, but I've been stumped figuring out where to put an author site.

Literarture: Authors? It all seems genre'd. I keep expecting to run into where all those jillion romance and horror writers are listing their websites, but I don't see it.

Anybody?

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, dmoz. I haven't thought of that in years.

Either "Literature: Authors" or "Literature: Genre: {Your Genre}". Expect a long wait after you submit.

Linton Robinson

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Oh, I know that. Been there, done that.

Trouble is I'm not seeing authors listing themselves under "authors"...just discussions of known writers.

And "genre" doesn't help much except for people who only work in one genre. Fine for a book site, but not always best for a writer.

Seems like everybody and their dog has an author site these days. I keep wondering if they aren't listing them or if there is some niche tucked away somewhere I can't find.

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
Oh, I know that. Been there, done that.

Trouble is I'm not seeing authors listing themselves under "authors"...just discussions of known writers.

For example, on http://www.dmoz.org/Arts/Literature/Authors/A/ all the top listings are categories (so of course they are the more famous authors, especially famous dead ones who have built up large fan bases over a lifetime) but if you scroll to the bottom, you'll see individual author home pages (authors for whom there is only one site, so they don't get their own category).

Status
Not open for further replies.