Sweethearts of the Roadeo

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone - I have a situation I need some assistance with. As some of us may already know, our friend NerdsRus is currently living in the area where the tornadoes have just come through. I'm in touch with her, and she's OK, but severely shaken up. Long story short, she needs to get out of there and get home, and she has no car. She can't fly or take the train, because she has her two cats that need to come with her. What we need is a railroad - if a person or several people can arrange to get her from where she is in Tennessee to somewhere in Virginia, I'll be able to meet her there and get her the rest of the way home. I so badly want to go to TN myself and get her, but it's an 18 hour one-way trip, and I can't physically do it in a weekend. Can anyone make a little time to help her out? Please, please PM me if you can help out at all. Thank you all so much!

Trish

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
I need to know where in Tennessee she's located. I can probably do it.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Dang! I'm not there, but I can chip in money too. PM me Choppersmom, or anyone who is able to assist and I'll send money. Please contact me.

Tell NerdsRUs I said to hang in there.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Same here.

Finni

discipula vitae
Registered
Reaction score
Jst, I'm in for gas and food money also if its needed. just let me know.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
Oh you guys. I can't even think right now. I'm finally crying and now I can't stop, It's the stress but it's for all the people who didn't make it, too, I can't impose on people, god, let me try to get my brain to engage and come back in a little bit. It's still very grey and high winds here and the house is creaking so it's still nerve-wracking even though I know it's only wind.

I just can't put a sane thought together this minute, please I don't want anyone knocking themselves out for this, let me come back in a little bit after I have a good cry, you are all wonderful people.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Just waiting for directions. :)

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
Thank you, thank you, Trish, for doing this. Please give nRu a big hug for me.

This is something that is always in the back of my mind about our forum -- if something happens to one of us, how will the others know? Does everyone have an RL<->AW buddy so we can be there for each other?

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in on the wrong end of the country for driving help, but I'll gladly chip in for gas/food money. And anything else.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in for gas money. I might be able to do a bit of driving myself, if you need a go between. Depends on timing and location. I'm in the middle of PA and I have an 18 mo old.

Sorry you're going through this, Nerds.

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
gas/food...a good book? all three? i'm in.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in sweetie, for whatever you need. We have many dead here as well. It was a wicked storm. But thankfully we'll have a calm night tonight.