mid life crisis

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think the average age is in the forties; some of us may be early (or late) bloomers, though. ;)

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A friend of mine gave me an astrology reading for my 42nd birthday. Went in, sat down, guy looked at my chart and said "How are you handling your midlife crisis?"

I blinked at him and said, "My what?"

At 47, I'm supposed to pretty much over it, so I've heard, but I've no clue what all the fuss was about.

Then again, I did go out and buy a 2 door coupe instead of a 4 door sedan last year--does that count?

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
Mid life? I think maybe forty. When I read questions like this, my mind turns to the late Spencer Tracy. During his 50th birthday party, someone said, "Welcome to mid-life." Another, less than diplomatic soul added, "Mid-life, hah! Who lives to be 100?" Tracy stormed out of the room, took his toys and went home, so to speak.

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
A friend of mine gave me an astrology reading for my 42nd birthday. Went in, sat down, guy looked at my chart and said "How are you handling your midlife crisis?"

I blinked at him and said, "My what?"

At 47, I'm supposed to pretty much over it, so I've heard, but I've no clue what all the fuss was about.

Then again, I did go out and buy a 2 door coupe instead of a 4 door sedan last year--does that count?

The car is the crisis. I imagine once gas prices go high enough, there will be no more midlife crises.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I always say 40 is middle-aged.

KODB

I forgot about my thirtieth birthday.

I blew through 40 without a second glance. Of course, I had just gotten married...

Now I'm staring fifty in the face, and it's looking pretty freakin big. And ugly. I don't know that a full-blown crisis is looming, but....

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Midlife is 35 to 45ish, I would think. Not everyone has them, some skip right to the second childhood :}