Do you ever get slightly absorbed in your own world?

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Time for a reality check I think...

Today I go in to make sure the kids are getting ready for school... no, so give them a bit of a rev up... "After eight o'clock. Get a wiggle on!"..."Dad! Today is a public holiday. It's New Zealand day!"... "Eh? Is it?"

Perhaps as a result of working from home I had no idea whatsoever. To be fair to me, unlike July 4th etc for Americans, our national day is perhaps the least significant of our puiblic holidays and has always been mainly about the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi.

But I swear to God, when the entire Earth's population has been whisked away by aliens, I can bet I'll wander outside a week later and wonder why the newspaper hasn't been delivered. I said... "I SWEAR TO GOD...". "HELLLOOOO....????"

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
.....where am I?

What am I doing...

WOAH!!! Look at all this antique equipment....This isn't even voice activated and where is the power coming from...WALL OUTLETS!?!?!

HELP...I've been locked in the museum of ANCIENT EARTH TECHNOLOGY!!!!

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I talk to myself when I take long walks. and in the car. In the car I forget people can see me. I decided I don't care when on a walk. Now I have my dog, so people think I am talking to her, I guess. Basically I am musing, I just do it out loud.

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
I talk to myself when I take long walks. and in the car. In the car I forget people can see me. I decided I don't care when on a walk. Now I have my dog, so people think I am talking to her, I guess. Basically I am musing, I just do it out loud.

I often act out (laughs, embarrassing really) a scene that I'm writing, a subconscious thing of starting to mimic the body language of a character as I run dialog through my mind. An dyes, I have got some strange looks as I am caught in the act.

Anyway... strange thing I have I have noticed outside my window. Horseless carriages seemingly propelled down the street by mysterious unseen forces.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I no longer know or care what day it is, let alone holidays. I'm usually in my own chocolate/fairy world. You're all invited. :D

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Huh?

Did you guys say something?

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I still remember with fondness my friend Betty's embarrassment when two schools called me, the emergency contact, after she'd dropped her three children off at their respective schools on a day when there was no school. (I've forgotten which holiday, but not a big one.) My kids and I had a lovely day with her kids, playing and eating and watching videos.

Now, of course, I rarely know what day of the week it is. It's week or weekend, and little else distinguishes the days.

Maryn, who misses the days her kids were small

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
You need to sign up at my Anal Retentive Dojo, Kiwi. Our highly stressed team of blackbelt instructors will instill you with a paranoia over the minute details of life and sweat out this dreaminess that seems to have ensnared you, most likely as a result of excessive time spent enjoying the beauty of nature. Are you ready to feel the burn?

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
I try to be conscientious of everything/everyone around me. No one likes a girl who's self-absorbed and self-centered. Right?

Even though it really is all about me. ;)

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Shhhhh! What are you people doing in my living room- trying to WRITE here!

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Every thing dodges when I swordfight to get the details right. The couch still won't forgive me...

Writer???

Because EYE said so!
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
"Do you ever get slightly absorbed in your own world?"

Well, duh. 'Course I do, but you can hardly blame me when mine is the only world that counts. Right? :D