PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Celtx! And thank you AW'ers!

Pamster
02-05-2008, 06:02 AM
WOW is this program incredible for 10 mbs! I am really enjoying using it and it's making the writing process seem fun and hardly at all like work, I am up to scene six in my new script and that is just in a few hours of working on this new program. Thank you all who recommended it, I am really impressed with it. If you're looking for a free helper to get started I really think this is the program to go with! :D ;) :snoopy:

I just had to start a thread about this great writing software because it's really fabulous! :)

DanielD
02-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Congrats Pamster.

I have used Celtx for a while now and I have to concur with you, it surely is a handy little program(And free).
The great thing is they are constantly updating by adding new features, and also additional bug fixes.
Celtx also has a vibrant and very helpful forum.
For any tech issues you may encounter, simply post a query on the forums , or you can email them.
I have been using Page2Sage(Another free program), it's my preferred program in regards to it's more cleaner fomatting, though unfortunately they do not have any tech support available.
Add to that , it seems like their members forum(where users offer tech support), has been closed down.
Good luck with your writing.
Daniel.

Captain Morgan
03-04-2008, 03:31 PM
I fail to understand how Amazon is selling Final Draft 8 for 300$ (tax not included). And here CeltX runs on everything from windows to Solaris, and is 100% free with no spam either.

Back in my day we used to have ScriptThing for Dos, and later windows 3.1 (anyone remember those days?) I think it was 30$ at the time to register it. Now that same package is also 300$ or so under the alias Magic Movie ScreenWriter IIRC.

KatYares
03-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I fail to understand how Amazon is selling Final Draft 8 for 300$ (tax not included). And here CeltX runs on everything from windows to Solaris, and is 100% free with no spam either.

Back in my day we used to have ScriptThing for Dos, and later windows 3.1 (anyone remember those days?) I think it was 30$ at the time to register it. Now that same package is also 300$ or so under the alias Magic Movie ScreenWriter IIRC.

If you still have a copy of ScriptThing for DOS and want to get rid of it - shoot me a PM with price. I do all my fiction writing on a DOS computer and would love to have a copy of ST

Kat

Captain Morgan
03-06-2008, 10:18 AM
I looked on my notebook and all I have is the ScriptThing (evaluation version) for windows 3.0/3.1. I believe that one allows you to print, but it will watermark your pages until you register.

NatJM
04-19-2008, 01:13 AM
I am also a huge fan of Celtx! I discovered it a couple of years ago, and I have been using it to write the libretto for a musical (still WIP).