Finished! for now

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
On Wednesday--after two months of doing almost nothing but working and writing--I FINALLY completed my second book. And I love it. Even better, my agent read it all in one sitting, and she loves it! AND I received my very first publishing contract in the mail on Thursday. That was a really amazing feeling.

Makes up for having dropped my phone into the water as I was washing my tub.

I'll still have to do rewrites, I'm sure. But still--I made my first deadline! I wrote a second book! I have a legal document that refers to me as "the author." I'm pretty happy.

And really freaking tired. I feel like taking a three week nap.

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
Way to go!!
smilie_hops_059.gif
Congratulations!

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Do you think if we all dropped our phones in the tub it would bring us good luck??

(and Congratulations!)

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats! Seriously, I'm so happy for you. Keep us updated with the progress. This is fantastic!

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
Thanks so much everyone!:Hug2:

I have to speak with my agent today about her notes on the manuscript, which means it'll be back to the grindstone for me. But for a few sweet hours, I was free!

Do you think if we all dropped our phones in the tub it would bring us good luck??

(and Congratulations!)

LOL! I wouldn't recommend it. I tried using it right after it happened, and it started dialing people in my contacts at random, hanging up, and then dialing someone else. (Including my agent who no doubt thought--what the hell?) Fairly embarressing.