What Was Your Favorite Superbowl Commercial?

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
Mine was the Bridgestone Tire commercial that showed the squirrel screaming, as a car approached. Then all the animals in the forest started screaming and then the woman in the car. Did you see her mouth? It was giagantic....

So... what's yours?

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
The ad for "Wanted" where Jolie tells the kid to "curve" the bullet. And then later there's quick shot of her bare back with tats up and down it.

Intriguing.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
None of them blew me away, but I did laugh at the E*Trade talking baby commercial. I'm a sucker for a talking baby.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I gotta go with the Bridgestone commercial too. The screaming squirrel was hilarious.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
ap_superbowl_080115_ms.jpg

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Bud Light breathing fire was the only one that made me lol.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm definitely not mad at the Vicky Secret commercial.

But the funniest to me was when the giant mouse jumps out of the wall and proceeds to beat ol' boy up. Aside from that... eh... this was like the 3rd or 4th straight year with lousy commercials. But hey, the game was good.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
I've gotta say that I liked the Pepsi/Justin Timberlake one. Especially hilarious was his run-in with the mailbox and the persistent bottle opening.

Kadea

Registered
Reaction score
The SuperBowl was on this weekend?

Go Lakers!

(kidding)

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
This was definitely the best bunch of commercials from the past five Superbowls. I liked the Bridgestone ones - screaming squirrel was my favorite but the screaming Richard Simmons was good too. And as much as I hate talking babies, I did like the E*Trade commercials.

Finni

discipula vitae
Registered
Reaction score
The flaming mouth dude was funny.

My favs were the screaming squirrel and flaming mouth dude.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't realize that I wanted to watch the SuperBowl solely for the commercials until well into the 3rd quarter...so I'm sure I missed ALOT.

I did like the Ben Roethlisberger singing commercial.....and the Macy's Day Coke parade.....though I felt sick to my stomache watching those balloons float up higher and higher.....not a fan of big balloons.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a football person, but every year I've tried watching it for some of the ads, I either have to sit through 10 minutes of footballs stretched into 30 so I go back to the Puppy Bowl or I land on it when they're showing local ads or a "regular" commercial. AFAIK, none of these "special" commericals created for the game even exist. :Shrug:

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Yeah, that one. Everything else left me cold. I was very disappointed with this years. I keep hearing it was the best in a while, but they put me to sleep. This was the first year that the Superbowl was actually more interesting than the ads.

And the talking baby commercial, well, talking babies are just creepy, it's why I hated the Quinzo's commercials. And then when he threw up? Gah. WTF? I'm eating here!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The only commercial I actually saw was the one with Timberlake. I was at my sister's house and we mostly talked during the commercials. (We muted the commercials.) So I didn't actually HEAR the Timberlake commercial, just saw it. It looked pretty funny.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
I personally liked the Bud commercial where the Clydesdale was passed over for the 'first team'. So he and the dalmatian worked out for a year to the theme from Rocky. If, at the end, the Clydesdale had reared at the top of the steps in Philly while the dalmatian jumped it would have been perfect.

The Doritos commercial with the mouse who'd kill for more Doritos was hilarious.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
You know we've all been had when we discuss "favorite commercials." That means advertisers' efforts are working, and we've been duped to believe their messages.

All ads suck. From print to televised to pop-ups and billboards.

I'm tired of being sold to, in particular when it's assumed I'm not a discriminating consumer and will follow along with humor that's geared toward the lowest common denominator of our collective intelligence.

If Bud Light thinks all I can relate to during a sixty second spot is the word "dude," over and over again, well I won't ever drink their piss-ass beer anyway...ever.

Assholes.

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
You know we've all been had when we discuss "favorite commercials." That means advertisers' efforts are working, and we've been duped to believe their messages.

I'm tired of being sold to, in particular when it's assumed I'm not a discriminating consumer and will follow along with humor that's geared toward the lowest common denominator of our collective intelligence.

If Bud Light thinks all I can relate to during a sixty second spot is the word "dude," over and over again, well I won't ever drink their piss-ass beer anyway...ever.

Assholes.

Yeah I kinda of agree with you. I have bias against Budweiser. When ever I go to pick up litter on the side of the road, most of the beer cans are buds. My grandson even asked one time if we could sue budweiser. I guess bud drinkers litter more.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I liked the Budweiser commercial with the guy breathing fire. Doesn't make we want to drink beer.

I liked the Coke commercial with the balloons. I'm still drinking Diet Pepsi.

My favorite was probably the giant pidgeons... which might have been FedEx. I'm not sure, I was too busy laughing. So, did they get me with it? Well, my work uses FedEx. But I don't make that decision, and I'm not positive that that was the company or even the service being advertised, so something tells me that they missed their mark for making me "believe their messages."

But it was enjoyable.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I liked the Jack-in-the-Box commercial all the way up until that last line, "Let's make a Jack sandwich!"

C'mon, are all the good writers striking against commercials too?

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
My favorite wasn't actually a commercial. Early on in the game, as that little metal robot football player is jumping up and down on the screen, while the voice over is saying that the broadcast was "brought to you by the Sarah Conner Chronicles" one of the Terminator skeletons broke through the logo and grabbed him by the face mask and slammed him to the ground.

I thought it was great.

Homewrecker

Intranational Mystery Woman
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nwhellcats.org
The Bridgestone ad with the screaming Richard Simmons, and I think it was because I was still laughing about Alice Cooper being in the middle of the road. That one and the Wish Upon a Star one.

Cheers,

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Assholes.

Yeah I kinda of agree with you. I have bias against Budweiser. When ever I go to pick up litter on the side of the road, most of the beer cans are buds. My grandson even asked one time if we could sue budweiser. I guess bud drinkers litter more.
Which is why Quizno's ads have been brilliant over the years. First time they entered the market up here, they were running the spongmonkeys WE LIKE THE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUBS! animation. Then came the ad with the woman walking down the street, spotting a Quizno's wrapper in the trash, and pulling it out so she could lick it. Then came the Baby Bob ads. Now they have their "sammies".

Each and every single campaign I've seen has been calculated to make me stay the hell away from them.