Congrats NYG!

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I'm shocked, but was entertained. Congrats to the New York Giants! What a game.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
THE MACHINE HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN!!!

What was up with Belichick leaving before the game was over?

Last edited:

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
GIANTS WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hooray::Trophy::TheWave::e2woo::e2thud::e2cheer:

In your face, talps!!!! j/k...but really! :D

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
That was a great game, one for the ages. We'll hear about this one in the future, over and over again, at least for the rest of our lifetimes.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I LOVE a game like this one! I was screaming as the Giants made that last touch down. I am so glad they won. If the Packers can't win then I am all for the Giants. :D

What an absolutely brilliant game on both teams part.

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
One hell of a game! I bet Mrs. Manning's proud right now, you bet. :D

Here in New York, when the Giants scored their final TD, you could HEAR the scream ripple through the city like a wave. It was amazing.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I'm happy for New York, but even happier that New England lost. THANK GOD. :tongue
I would've liked to see them go undefeated if only to shut up those '72 Miami Dolphins players once and for all. Those guys need to find something else to obsess about. It's been thirty-five years since they've had a discernible hard on. And even then, it wasn't that great. They would've had their asses kicked by any of the teams in today's league. And they know it.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
:(

but great game.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
:(

but great game.
I already said that. And the Giants deserved to win.

Next time, don't go for it on 4th and 13 when you're in field goal range.

Far be it from me to second guess NFL coaches. But I saw the peril in that call from a mile away. A hundred miles away.

Reaction score
Not saying much for me, but one of the greatest nights of my life!!!

BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know sometimes I can be too thrilly, but It was Freddie Mercury during We are the champions who said...

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
that game was definitely a nail chewing obsession for me. Even though my Colts weren't in the big SB I am extremely happy that another Manning beat the Patriots! It's about time someone had!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Yay whoever won. Anyone else just watch the end of the game because they were waiting for House to come on? ;)

Yeah, yeah, I'll take my party pooping elsewhere now. :gone:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I want to be sad that the Pats didn't accomplish the perfect season, but I can't quite get over Spygate. Maybe the video made no difference; maybe everyone does it. But cheating's cheating. 19-0 never would've sat quite right for me, no matter what.

Congratulations to the Giants; maybe now Eli and Coach Coughlin will get some respect. What's Tiki saying about it all?

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't heard of any statements yet from Tiki, but that's probably because he's too busy kicking his own ass.

Imagine: You retire early while still in your prime. And then the very next year your team wins the Super Bowl against a seemingly invincible team.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, guess what? Browns *and* Lions both undefeated so far! Could this be the year?

Reaction score
jessica_simpson1alt_300_400.jpg

Giselle_Bundchen%20-%207%20-%20Taxi.jpg

Thank you, girls.

Thank you.
:D

'Nuff said.

BIG BLUE!!!

small axe

memento mori
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I read someplace how Peyton and Eli walked out into an Indiana Corn field at midnight, full moon, hoot owls, blood & Super Bowl mojo etc and summoned the Lightning of Thor to put into Eli's throwing arm, etc.

Which is actually quite daring, because doing that tends to flatten the corn for miles around, and we like to use all our corn for ethanol.

I think for that one "four Patriots wrestling at Eli but he still squirms away and completes an insane pass" play, they added a dose of slippery snake & catfish juju.

I mean, you mix New Orleans voodoo and Manning firepower and the whole TV Sports Expert herdspeak means nada! :)

Two Super Bowls, two Mannings, that was sweet!

but I can't quite get over Spygate. Maybe the video made no difference; maybe everyone does it. But cheating's cheating. 19-0 never would've sat quite right for me, no matter what.

That's big for me too. It's like all the baseball home run records by guys who are probably junked up/pumped up on steroids etc: it just takes the shine off the history for me.

I like Tom Brady, but I'd feel cheated if their "perfect season" had that "cheating" taint forever (no matter what the NFL lets them dodge)

Do it again next year and good for them (well, do it right up until the Colts spank them out of the playoffs)

I'd rather give the Dolphins their glory and have THIS SB story be: "Mannings prove themselves to the nay-sayers twice in two years" and "Fire in the NY Giants belly proves stronger than Patriots' win-o-matic" :D