PDA

View Full Version : Congrats NYG!

SpookyWriter
02-04-2008, 06:59 AM
I'm shocked, but was entertained. Congrats to the New York Giants! What a game.

Jersey Chick
02-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Go Big Blue!

:snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy:

tom who?

perfect what?

DOn't think so! :D

louisgodwin
02-04-2008, 07:08 AM
THE MACHINE HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN!!!

What was up with Belichick leaving before the game was over?

ZannaPerry
02-04-2008, 07:18 AM
GIANTS WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! :hooray::Trophy::TheWave::e2woo::e2thud::e2cheer:

In your face, talps!!!! j/k...but really! :D

Susie
02-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Way2go and congrats to the NY Giants. Go team!

TrainofThought
02-04-2008, 07:21 AM
Congrats NYG!

I’m sorry, talps. I hoped they would win for your sake. :Hug2:

Damn, Mrs. Manning must be proud.

Silver King
02-04-2008, 07:24 AM
That was a great game, one for the ages. We'll hear about this one in the future, over and over again, at least for the rest of our lifetimes.

Cassiopeia
02-04-2008, 07:26 AM
I LOVE a game like this one! I was screaming as the Giants made that last touch down. I am so glad they won. If the Packers can't win then I am all for the Giants. :D

What an absolutely brilliant game on both teams part.

Claudia Gray
02-04-2008, 07:27 AM
One hell of a game! I bet Mrs. Manning's proud right now, you bet. :D

Here in New York, when the Giants scored their final TD, you could HEAR the scream ripple through the city like a wave. It was amazing.

Serenity
02-04-2008, 07:34 AM
I'm happy for New York, but even happier that New England lost. THANK GOD. :tongue

Silver King
02-04-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm happy for New York, but even happier that New England lost. THANK GOD. :tongue
I would've liked to see them go undefeated if only to shut up those '72 Miami Dolphins players once and for all. Those guys need to find something else to obsess about. It's been thirty-five years since they've had a discernible hard on. And even then, it wasn't that great. They would've had their asses kicked by any of the teams in today's league. And they know it.

Bravo
02-04-2008, 07:54 AM
:(

but great game.

Silver King
02-04-2008, 08:04 AM
:(

but great game.
I already said that. And the Giants deserved to win.

Next time, don't go for it on 4th and 13 when you're in field goal range.

Far be it from me to second guess NFL coaches. But I saw the peril in that call from a mile away. A hundred miles away.

billythrilly7th
02-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Not saying much for me, but one of the greatest nights of my life!!!

BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know sometimes I can be too thrilly, but It was Freddie Mercury during We are the champions who said...

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

ZannaPerry
02-04-2008, 08:42 AM
that game was definitely a nail chewing obsession for me. Even though my Colts weren't in the big SB I am extremely happy that another Manning beat the Patriots! It's about time someone had!

caromora
02-04-2008, 09:11 AM
I screamed so much at the end that my voice is gone. :)

The 4th quarter was intense.

JoNightshade
02-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Yay whoever won. Anyone else just watch the end of the game because they were waiting for House to come on? ;)

Yeah, yeah, I'll take my party pooping elsewhere now. :gone:

poetinahat
02-04-2008, 09:17 AM
I want to be sad that the Pats didn't accomplish the perfect season, but I can't quite get over Spygate. Maybe the video made no difference; maybe everyone does it. But cheating's cheating. 19-0 never would've sat quite right for me, no matter what.

Congratulations to the Giants; maybe now Eli and Coach Coughlin will get some respect. What's Tiki saying about it all?

billythrilly7th
02-04-2008, 09:22 AM
What's Tiki saying about it all?

That whiny wimp "I don't like my coach" baby Tiki sitting home watching this is the icing on the beautiful Carvel Franky the Whale cake.

louisgodwin
02-04-2008, 09:23 AM
I haven't heard of any statements yet from Tiki, but that's probably because he's too busy kicking his own ass.

Imagine: You retire early while still in your prime. And then the very next year your team wins the Super Bowl against a seemingly invincible team.

brokenfingers
02-04-2008, 09:29 AM
I am happy. :D

poetinahat
02-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Hey, guess what? Browns *and* Lions both undefeated so far! Could this be the year?

billythrilly7th
02-04-2008, 10:31 AM
http://www.news2wkrn.com/mctv/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/jessica_simpson1alt_300_400.jpg

http://www.thecinemasource.com/moviesdb/images/Giselle_Bundchen%20-%207%20-%20Taxi.jpg

Thank you, girls.

Thank you.
:D

'Nuff said.

BIG BLUE!!!

billythrilly7th
02-04-2008, 10:34 AM
'Nuff said.

Not 'Nuff said, Billy.

Pretty boy quarterbacks with their dopey hot girlfriends NO = Championship.

holla

small axe
02-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I read someplace how Peyton and Eli walked out into an Indiana Corn field at midnight, full moon, hoot owls, blood & Super Bowl mojo etc and summoned the Lightning of Thor to put into Eli's throwing arm, etc.

Which is actually quite daring, because doing that tends to flatten the corn for miles around, and we like to use all our corn for ethanol.

I think for that one "four Patriots wrestling at Eli but he still squirms away and completes an insane pass" play, they added a dose of slippery snake & catfish juju.

I mean, you mix New Orleans voodoo and Manning firepower and the whole TV Sports Expert herdspeak means nada! :)

Two Super Bowls, two Mannings, that was sweet!

but I can't quite get over Spygate. Maybe the video made no difference; maybe everyone does it. But cheating's cheating. 19-0 never would've sat quite right for me, no matter what.

That's big for me too. It's like all the baseball home run records by guys who are probably junked up/pumped up on steroids etc: it just takes the shine off the history for me.

I like Tom Brady, but I'd feel cheated if their "perfect season" had that "cheating" taint forever (no matter what the NFL lets them dodge)

Do it again next year and good for them (well, do it right up until the Colts spank them out of the playoffs)

I'd rather give the Dolphins their glory and have THIS SB story be: "Mannings prove themselves to the nay-sayers twice in two years" and "Fire in the NY Giants belly proves stronger than Patriots' win-o-matic" :D

Sailor Kenshin
02-04-2008, 11:51 PM

What was up with Belichick leaving before the game was over?

Havin' a hissy? :D

GO JINTS!!! GO ELI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jersey Chick
02-05-2008, 04:48 AM
Tiki???

Tiki who??

The guy who said Eli was no leader? The one who announced before the end of last season, that he'd retire?

Eff him. Who needs him? :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy:

I'm sure Jacobs' ring will fit just as fine...

ZannaPerry
02-05-2008, 05:52 AM
Was it just me or am I the ONLY one who thought it was funny to see Tom Brady keep getting tackled before he could throw the ball??? I mean, he got tackled like 10 times.

Silver King
02-05-2008, 06:01 AM
Was it just me or am I the ONLY one who thought it was funny to see Tom Brady keep getting tackled before he could throw the ball??? I mean, he got tackled like 10 times.
I think he was sacked about five times or so. He was knocked down I don't know how many times. Yeah, he got his ass kicked, all right. He must've felt a little tender this morning.

louisgodwin
02-05-2008, 07:06 AM
Thank you, girls.

Thank you.
:D

'Nuff said.

BIG BLUE!!!

I'm now convinced that boy needs to stay celibate from the last week of August to the end of the season. He plays much better when he's single.

ZannaPerry
02-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Ha! Yeah, I imagine Tom Brady wasn't feeling tooo good.

Can you believe the Pats head coach just walked off the field??? Sore loser.

caromora
02-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Ha! Yeah, I imagine Tom Brady wasn't feeling tooo good.

Can you believe the Pats head coach just walked off the field??? Sore loser.

I'm not so surprised about Belichick. Didn't he refuse to shake Tony Dungy's hand?

I'm more surprised about Tom Brady refusing to shake Eli Manning's hand before the game, and the way the entire Patriot's team walked off the field without congratulating any of the Giants. (If they did, I didn't see it.) I get that they were disappointed, but sheesh. A little class never hurt anyone. I can't help but compare how they acted to the graciousness and class of the Bears last year, who at least stuck around to shake hands.

Jersey Chick
02-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Oh, but the Giants weren't supposed to win, remember? They were supposed to roll over and play dead and let the Pats have that perfect season.

Yeesh - the Giants actually played - how evil of them ;)

ZannaPerry
02-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Yeah, what poor sportsmanship. If you ask me, the Giants deserve to win. The Pats already have FOUR SuperBowl trophies AND rings...let someone else get it for once.

What babies, if you ask me.

astonwest
02-06-2008, 04:34 AM
I believe I saw Brady and Moss weren't going to show up for the Pro Bowl next week. Sore losers, indeed...