Anyone from Fla?

Finni

discipula vitae
Registered
Reaction score
I will be moving to Florida in May and I wanted to know if anyone here can point me in the right direction (or a few directions) for a town to live in.

My girlfriend got a job offer in Palm Beach Gardens at an Engineering company. We don't know anyone in the area, and we don't know what the towns around the area are like. We are looking for quiet, nature, as little drugs as possible, and not expensive. And lesbian friendly would be a plus. Our hope is that we can rent a house, not an apartment.

My girlfriend is willing to travel 30-45 minutes to work each morning.

Is there anyone who can point me in the direction of a few towns/cities?

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
I will be moving to Florida in May and I wanted to know if anyone here can point me in the right direction (or a few directions) for a town to live in.

My girlfriend got a job offer in Palm Beach Gardens at an Engineering company. We don't know anyone in the area, and we don't know what the towns around the area are like. We are looking for quiet, nature, as little drugs as possible, and not expensive. And lesbian friendly would be a plus. Our hope is that we can rent a house, not an apartment.

My girlfriend is willing to travel 30-45 minutes to work each morning.

Is there anyone who can point me in the direction of a few towns/cities?
If I were you, I would visit cityforum.com. It's a Q and A forum for when you're relocating and want more info.

donroc

Historicals and Horror rule
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
Palm Beach Gardens and adjacent communities of Jupiter (where I lived for10 years), Juno (for real), and Tequesta are very nice upscale areas -- plenty of things to do at DOWNTOWN and LEGENDS.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Jupiter has an excellent Hooters.

I'm south of Palm Beach--very south--but I know the area. Stay east, if you can. But steer clear of Riviera Beach and Lake Worth.

Juno is okay--very laid back. There's a great hot dog place somewhere there...

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
I've quite far north of the area, I live in Sanford about 20 miles northeast of Orlando, but I've got a few friends from Palm Beach, and they all thought it was a great place to live. As far as being gay friendly, I can't speak for Palm Beach, but I think Florida over all is a pretty tolerant place. There is, of course, a few rural areas that are rife with bigotry, but they aren't the norm. Orlando has a very active gay community with events, parades, clubs, and even a gay city commissioner! I have quite a few gay friends, and they are love living here. I'm not sure where you're moving from, but I'm sure you're going to love the weather. Sure, it might rain a lot, but I'll take rain over snow any day. Last week I went jet skiing in January, there's not many places one can do that!

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I live in Florida, but not sure which city I'd recommend... Much good luck, though!

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
I live in Melbourne Beach, about 2.5 hours north from Palm Beach. I would think that Palm Beach would be a pretty accepting place. I've lived here my whole life and think most of Florida is accepting of things. I might steer clear of "cow town" looking places to live. The country people are nice, but sometimes might seem like they're still living in 1700. I don't think you will have a problem in and around the bigger cities. Florida is a great, big, beautiful, tropical land of paradise.....but then I'm prejudice. Welcome!:D

Finni

discipula vitae
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all very much! I'm gonna be looking at a lot of places the next few days and your info has helped me a lot!

I'll be moving from Buffalo...so it'll be a BIG change in climate!