Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
My middle-reader novel with the working title A Griffin in the Neighborhood is being edited by a publisher. Is the following marketing copy intriguing enough? Thanks in advance.

A Griffin in the Neighborhood

For young Dennis Pearson, life in Collinsfort Village, Colorado is never dull, especially with a friend like Griff. Twenty feet of half-eagle, half-lion dragon-slaying power, Griff flies down from his cave overlooking Collinsfort Village on the first three Saturdays of the month to read stories to the children at the library. But unknown to everyone in town (not to mention the whole world), Griff is also a best-selling author of myth-and-legend novels which he writes under the pen name Karolyne von Frankenburgh. Griff’s secret soon draws Dennis, Griff and his Chevy Suburban-driving cavemate Bear into a wild escapade of espionage, mistaken identities, cover-ups and maybe even murder.

But life in Collinsfort Village is just as interesting for Griff. When Griff’s mural-painting friend Dorian comes to town, he drops a bombshell and confesses, “I changed aviation history, Griff. If the rest of the world ever found out, they’d want me dead.” Dorian, you see, is a magnificent forty-foot tall peacock-blue dragon who hasn’t flown in nearly a hundred years. Griff, Dennis and Bear team up to find out what really happened in the skies over the Pacific Ocean in 1937. Can they solve aviation’s greatest mystery and give Dorian a reason to spread his mighty wings and take to the air once more?

So, how’s life in YOUR town? Wouldn’t it be more exciting with A Griffin in the Neighborhood?

Last edited:

katiebug57

Registered
Reaction score
Griffin in the Neighborhood

Hey, guys . . . new here. Can't figure out the quick reply thing--any help?

I read the copy, too, and I agree. Definitely too wordy. I especially had difficulty deciphering the last sentence of the first paragraph. Had to read it a couple times before I figured it out.

But, the book sounds intriguing. Hope it goes well for you.

Katiebug57

Status
Not open for further replies.